Most Special Pet(s)/Family Pet(s)

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I am an only child, so I grew up having my pets as my best friends for the first few years of my life. ALL of my pets have been VERY special to me. However, there are three that I grew up with and I would give pretty much anything to see them again. Baby was our pet rottweiler, who was the runt of the litter. My mom took her in when I was 2 and she was our family and guard dog. She was so sweet and loving, and ONLY snapped at me the one or two times I touched her hip (she had bad hip problems). She would've protected me from anyone and anything <3 Charlie was my aunt's cat. When I was 2, I would tell her Charlie and her dog Whimper were "mine." So, she gave me (my mom) them. Charlie was like Baby; he was very sweet and patient. He would sleep on my pillow and let me lay my head on him. He would let me dress him up and hand feed him. He would sit in my Little Red Wagon with my stuffed animals, and he would stay in there while I pulled the wagon. He treated every other pet we had as if they were all his own babies <3 I miss him so much. Last but not least, I had a horse named GoldBar. My grandma got him and another horse from the same person. GoldBar was an older horse, so he was pretty laid back. I learned how to ride him when I was 4 years old, and I swear we had a bond that couldn't be broken. Horses are very amazing creatures, and when you bond with one, they literally are your best friend. I trusted him with my very being, and I believe he trusted me. He NEVER EVER bucked me off, which is rare when you own a horse. He also never bit or stepped on me, and I was around him everyday. I don't think I'll ever have a bond like that again with another horse. <3

So I would love to hear about your special/family pets if you have had any :) tell me about them and how they were special to you :D

Reactions: Hail Kira and Kan

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Wow great post Savannah
I've had tonnes of pets myself...
I love how much you care about the fuzzy creatures...

When I was a kid I was actually allergic to fur and had to get used to it...

My current collection includes
Gabrielle the blue and gold macaw
Lucky the budgie
7 Dogs : Baxter, Oscars, Cheyanne, Rodney, Angel, Louie, Mini
7 Cats: Mews, Scoup, Tiger, Google, Gizmo, Gloria, Gracie

And since your a horse lover I thought I'd mention I have one of my daughters going to horseriding therapy since she was 3 years old.

Reactions: Savannah and Kan

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Wow great post Savannah
I've had tonnes of pets myself...
I love how much you care about the fuzzy creatures...

When I was a kid I was actually allergic to fur and had to get used to it...

My current collection includes
Gabrielle the blue and gold macaw
Lucky the budgie
7 Dogs : Baxter, Oscars, Cheyanne, Rodney, Angel, Louie, Mini
7 Cats: Mews, Scoup, Tiger, Google, Gizmo, Gloria, Gracie

And since your a horse lover I thought I'd mention I have one of my daughters going to horseriding therapy since she was 3 years old.

Awww thank you :)
I have a slight allergy to fur as well, but thank goodness we can build immunity to that haha.
You sound so lucky!!! I love the names you have for them all, especially Gizmo (I'm a HUGE Gremlins fan) :D
I have always loved birds, but I have only had chickens and quail. They really are intelligent and amazing creatures :)
You sound like you live in heaven!!! :D
And wow, you sound like an amazing parent :) Your daughter is very lucky to have you and your pets :D

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
I had two turtles before! Leonardo and Donatello. They were really cute and I know they don't do much like dogs or cats but I love them a lot. :3

Reactions: Kan