OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
I'd like to have feedback on my channel art, logo etc. I'd also like some feedback on my latest thumbnails for my Let's Plays. It would be helpful getting advice on my commentary in my videos but that's least priority. If you reply with some feedback, I will give some advice as well! :)

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
Your channel looks pretty good with the uniform thumbnails at the top, my only real issue with them is that some of the really nice detail on them is so hard to see, just because of how small it is. It's really, really nice, but it is so hard to see, some people might glance right over it, which just kind of wastes the effort you put into it.

Moving onto the banner, it's nice, but it is kind of plain. If you had a logo, then it wouldn't be a problem, but it has a motto, your name, and then a call to action. I think it would greatly benefit from some of the detail and designs you put into the thumbnails. I also think it is a good idea to keep that call to action (Like, comment and subscribe) in the banner, because looking into how people feel when they see the color red (The psychology behind it): "Red is energizing. It excites the emotions and motivates us to take action." So the combo of call to action and color use is really good.

Looking at the videos, you have some pretty good commentary. I only suggest you either turn down the game volume, or speak up. In your latest witcher 3 video, there were several moments where it became hard to hear you over the game.

All in all, your channel does look pretty good, and I can see how you got so many subs.
I hope this was helpful, you're awesome, have a great day!

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

Hicksu

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
YouTube
well I agree to everything Charxander said so I 'm gonna try and cover the stuff he missed or didn't notice! :)

So the thumbnail didn't get my attention at all I'm afraid! :/ Just plane red with some barely visible lightning isn't good enough! Also the only difference between the witcher episodes thumbnails is that the number has changed! :p Doesn't really appeal to keep on watching that series! Try to make each episode unique and memorable! Also your banner, try to get that black stripe stuff into it! So it looks more like your avatar which looks really cool! :)

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

WTShaze

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 24, 2015
YouTube
The banner is good A lot of people sometimes can go too overboard with the designs but this one is a simple one. It can be improved on however it does a great job. The same goes for your logo. As for the thumbnails, looking at your video page they all want to run together due to the red (granted there is a few ones that are different) Maybe change the colors up a bit. The content on them is good its just they look too similar. The more different the thumbnails are they help give a unique feel.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
The banner is good A lot of people sometimes can go too overboard with the designs but this one is a simple one. It can be improved on however it does a great job. The same goes for your logo. As for the thumbnails, looking at your video page they all want to run together due to the red (granted there is a few ones that are different) Maybe change the colors up a bit. The content on them is good its just they look too similar. The more different the thumbnails are they help give a unique feel.
I try to make a simple convention to my video thumbnails (namely the colour red) so that when people see the thumbnail, they go "that's OnlyUltimateGaming's video", you know? I also want my channel to be associated with the colour red. I've seen big YouTubers do this like VannossGaming and H2ODelirious.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
well I agree to everything Charxander said so I 'm gonna try and cover the stuff he missed or didn't notice! :)

So the thumbnail didn't get my attention at all I'm afraid! :/ Just plane red with some barely visible lightning isn't good enough! Also the only difference between the witcher episodes thumbnails is that the number has changed! :p Doesn't really appeal to keep on watching that series! Try to make each episode unique and memorable! Also your banner, try to get that black stripe stuff into it! So it looks more like your avatar which looks really cool! :)
Thanks for the feedback :) I really appreciate it.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Your channel looks pretty good with the uniform thumbnails at the top, my only real issue with them is that some of the really nice detail on them is so hard to see, just because of how small it is. It's really, really nice, but it is so hard to see, some people might glance right over it, which just kind of wastes the effort you put into it.

Moving onto the banner, it's nice, but it is kind of plain. If you had a logo, then it wouldn't be a problem, but it has a motto, your name, and then a call to action. I think it would greatly benefit from some of the detail and designs you put into the thumbnails. I also think it is a good idea to keep that call to action (Like, comment and subscribe) in the banner, because looking into how people feel when they see the color red (The psychology behind it): "Red is energizing. It excites the emotions and motivates us to take action." So the combo of call to action and color use is really good.

Looking at the videos, you have some pretty good commentary. I only suggest you either turn down the game volume, or speak up. In your latest witcher 3 video, there were several moments where it became hard to hear you over the game.

All in all, your channel does look pretty good, and I can see how you got so many subs.
I hope this was helpful, you're awesome, have a great day!
Thanks for the feedback! I checked your channel and it looks decent, the only thing I can really criticise is your channel art, the name looks cool but the background with all the games and stuff puts me off but maybe it's just me! You don't have to change it if you like it :)

Reactions: Charxander Origin