My Opinion on the CoD Franchise: What's Yours?

Chazore13

Aug 23, 2015
YouTube
Chazore13
Smash Bros is where I get the most competitive. I can't aim to save my life (go watch a few episodes of my Dead Space LP) so getting a kill in CoD always impresses me. So smash bros is what I try to be competitive at. Not that I'm any better at that, but the matches don't last as long so it hurts less.

I realize that each game is truly in development for ~3 years, but is that really long enough? What I'd like to see is something similar to what Square Enix is doing with FF15. Take over a decade to create the most epic thing you possibly can and make sure there is 100% nothing wrong with it and be confident enough to hold off for 10 years to make this knowing that it'll all be worth it in the end.

Reactions: Cold Ransom

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When it comes to Cod i like the singleplayer but the multiplayer isn't my thing. It is fun to play a couple rounds, can't understand how friends of mine who play it 24/7 can enjoy it for so long....
The zombies mode from Black Ops 1 and 2 on the other hand gave some good fun wich i'm excited for in Bo3 tough.

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
When it comes to Cod i like the singleplayer but the multiplayer isn't my thing. It is fun to play a couple rounds, can't understand how friends of mine who play it 24/7 can enjoy it for so long....
The zombies mode from Black Ops 1 and 2 on the other hand gave some good fun wich i'm excited for in Bo3 tough.
I recommend WaW Zombies! I actually got a chance to play the game for the very first time about a week ago and I'm going to be actually uploading some WaW Zombies later on today if you wanna drop in and check it out :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I recommend WaW Zombies! I actually got a chance to play the game for the very first time about a week ago and I'm going to be actually uploading some WaW Zombies later on today if you wanna drop in and check it out :)
I have played WaW alot at the time and that's when i came to like the zombies mode, black ops went on with it in a good way but with Advanced Warfare they failed in my opinion. Zombies and Exo suits don't make a good combination. Also liked Extinction from Ghosts tough except for the last map...

Secretlou

Rising User
Oct 13, 2015
Vancouver
YouTube
I feel like the Black Ops 3 beta was very successful & I like what they did with it. COD 4 is forever my favorite call of duty. I feel like ghosts & AW were not as good as people wanted so the hype for the cod community went down. I am still playing Black Ops 2 until Black Ops 3 but I think that the series rely's on this next game.

Shamar Ren

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
What is up gamers, geeks, nerds, and often small children think they're NadeShot! Hey guys, Cold Ransom here today to give you guys my opinion on the Call of Duty Franchise as a whole. Now please do keep in mind that I am an avid player and lover of Call of Duty, so my opinion may seem somewhat biased, which is why I want feedback from the community!

Well first of all, let me answer the question: Is Call of Duty dying?
The solid answer to this question is simply no. The Call of Duty community is growing now more than it ever has before due to Treyarch's involvement with the newest Call of Duty title: Black Ops III's eSports community.
Treyarch made the announcement a few weeks back that they would be setting up the Call of Duty eSports World League which would consist of two sections--one for pro players and one for amature players--with a prize pool of over $4,000,000. Now, in the past, Call of Duty eSports have not shown as large of a payout as other big titles such as Counter Strike, but in 2016, Call of Duty eSports will have the Call of Duty World League along with the events that have always taken place in the past including GFinity, MLG, UMG, X Games, and much more including the Call of Duty Championships that will take place in the Fall of 2016. This new prize pool is a huge factor in the future growth of the community.

Now, to give my personal opinion on the actual "fun" and "wow" factor of the Call of Duty franchise.
From Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and even in the past with CoD 2 and 3, the Call of Duty franchise has offered unique, exhilarating Campaign modes that hooked players and fans alike to create memorable moments and unique connections to the characters portrayed. Aside from campaign, it's safe to say Call of Duty is one of the--if not THE--most successful multiplayer titles on the Xbox and PlayStation. But why is the game so successful? The simple answer is because of a dedicated audience that enjoys playing the game and wants to grow their skill and be the best they can be.

Now, we have average Call of Duty players who play the game occasionally with their friends just for fun, and we have Professional Call of Duty players. These guys literally make their living playing Call of Duty, making videos about themselves and their teams, and grinding the game as much as they can to be the best. It's not only extremely exciting to watch these guy play--which creates a huge market for streaming the game--but it's extremely inspiring. For example:
In Modern Warfare 3, when I started playing Call of Duty competitively, I watched a lot of OpTic NadeShot's videos because I found them really entertaining. Eventually, I would tune into his live stream every night and I'd check my sub box for his content daily because I felt like when I watched him play, I learned how to heighten my skills, making me a far better player! Eventually I was inspired to make a YouTube channel and play video games for an audience just like my idol, which is the reason I'm here with you guys today!

I hope you guys stuck around this long to read this, but remember--this is my personal opinion! I would love to know what you guys thoughts are too, so leave me a reply letting me know how you think Call of Duty is doing with their games and what you think the future looks like for them! :)
I think the Call of duy franchise is not as good as it was, but I feel like there is a chance for it to rise back up to the plate, as I can really see with Black ops 3 releasing this year! The game is evolving in a more fluid and balance way in my opinion. All of the noob tubing and stuff like that I never blamed the developers for to be honest. I just kind of blamed a precentage of the community for abusing the fuctions of the game in cheating way. I think a brighter future is in sight with Black ops 3 cx
11990809_492810277553583_1394912760_o.jpg

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
So much good commentary here! I absolutely love hearing what you guys think!
@Shamar Ren Thanks so much for the reply! I can totally see a bright future ahead for CoD Enthusiasts! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444789147][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel like the Black Ops 3 beta was very successful & I like what they did with it. COD 4 is forever my favorite call of duty. I feel like ghosts & AW were not as good as people wanted so the hype for the cod community went down. I am still playing Black Ops 2 until Black Ops 3 but I think that the series rely's on this next game.
I like the statement that the series is relying on this game. I actuallyagree with you 100%. People are going to play CoD no matter what, but depending on whether or not this Call of Duty is truly successful will either make or break the huge advance they are attempting to make for Call of Duty eSports! Sure do hope we make it to that next level! :D

Secretlou

Rising User
Oct 13, 2015
Vancouver
YouTube
So much good commentary here! I absolutely love hearing what you guys think!
@Shamar Ren Thanks so much for the reply! I can totally see a bright future ahead for CoD Enthusiasts! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444789147][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like the statement that the series is relying on this game. I actuallyagree with you 100%. People are going to play CoD no matter what, but depending on whether or not this Call of Duty is truly successful will either make or break the huge advance they are attempting to make for Call of Duty eSports! Sure do hope we make it to that next level! :D
Definitely dude, glad to hear that you agreed with my statement. :)