need suggestions what should I record?

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Record custom maps perhaps, try to get the game developers to feature your video in the main post ^^
Good idea, never thought of it like that! :D

Coming from somebody who has played Minecraft for over 2 years, I think what you should record would be a mix of things, particularly Mineplex minigames because there is a huge community there and that will get you to grow fast if you get known on there, etc.

And then, when you get more subscribers, you can start your own server and have YOUR fans come on and meet you, and grow your own server! Just a suggestion from me. :)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Good idea, never thought of it like that! :D

Coming from somebody who has played Minecraft for over 2 years, I think what you should record would be a mix of things, particularly Mineplex minigames because there is a huge community there and that will get you to grow fast if you get known on there, etc.

And then, when you get more subscribers, you can start your own server and have YOUR fans come on and meet you, and grow your own server! Just a suggestion from me. :)
Yeah, some of my videos received a few hundred views just from being on the main post. If I kept with Minecraft, it would be a lot easier to stand out over everyone else, hah.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Yeah, some of my videos received a few hundred views just from being on the main post. If I kept with Minecraft, it would be a lot easier to stand out over everyone else, hah.
Yeah, that's one thing I have found out. In Minecraft servers, especially on their forums, it's really easy to grow because you have a community that likes the thing you record and plays the same thing you record and they can just click the link and bam, they are watching your videos.

But with people who do different games and people who do real life things, it's harder to advertise because you don't have that community at your hands, you have to find the right community. :p

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah, that's one thing I have found out. In Minecraft servers, especially on their forums, it's really easy to grow because you have a community that likes the thing you record and plays the same thing you record and they can just click the link and bam, they are watching your videos.

But with people who do different games and people who do real life things, it's harder to advertise because you don't have that community at your hands, you have to find the right community. :p
Younger audiences are always looking for more people to watch. Applying yourself for the young demographic can work wonders for having a strong viewership. As always though, it depends on what we're looking to upload in general, because minecraft gets harder to focus on at times.

All we need to do is find the right community to succeed honestly ^^

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Younger audiences are always looking for more people to watch. Applying yourself for the young demographic can work wonders for having a strong viewership. As always though, it depends on what we're looking to upload in general, because minecraft gets harder to focus on at times.

All we need to do is find the right community to succeed honestly ^^
Yep true! Also, just checked out your most recent video and you have lots of enthusiasm when you speak, so great job with that! Your channel is (y) (Y). Except that I have never played Heartstone, I still seem to enjoy it when you're playing it. xD

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yep true! Also, just checked out your most recent video and you have lots of enthusiasm when you speak, so great job with that! Your channel is (y) (Y). Except that I have never played Heartstone, I still seem to enjoy it when you're playing it. xD
My videos are a bit outdated, but luckily the new expansion comes out soon, and I'll try my best to show off my new videos I've been working on :eek: Thanks for the boost Ethan, and I hope you manage to find everything you need to find as well ^^

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
My videos are a bit outdated, but luckily the new expansion comes out soon, and I'll try my best to show off my new videos I've been working on :eek: Thanks for the boost Ethan, and I hope you manage to find everything you need to find as well ^^
No problem, and thank you too! :D

Reactions: fattmat

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Owning a channel and uploading content is meant to bridge your creativity to the internet.
If you don't know what you should record, you shouldn't stress about recording things and wait for the lightbulb to turn on.

EnderCrewOfficial

Apr 19, 2016
EnderCrewO_
Owning a channel and uploading content is meant to bridge your creativity to the internet.
If you don't know what you should record, you shouldn't stress about recording things and wait for the lightbulb to turn on.
Agreed! Don't feel like you should record something for the sake of doing it for ppl to subscribe or getting notice, it's (You) tube do it for yourself and record what you want and have fun and not stress about what you should record :)