New Recorder

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
You can actually record Xbox one and save it to your Xbox account then download it on your computer.
Or
If you have Windows 10 you can simply use the Xbox app to record up to 12 hours of high quality gameplay in a single session.
There's really no need for an external tool unless you have an Xbox 360.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
For the computer, your best bet is to learn OBS (The recorder is free), and use it to the best of your abilities ^^ If that doesn't work out for you, I bought Bandicam, and LitecamHD, and they both worked out fine for me. Litecam is a recorder that I use as a backup now.

Sidular

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
sidular.com
YouTube
If you're looking for a new capture card, I've been using the Elgato Game Capture HD60, which provides high quality 1080p footage running at a smooth 60 frames per second. It's worked fairly reliably for me for nearly two years now.

As far as software goes, the Elgato comes with a great piece of software that works flawlessly with the HD60. However, if you're looking for more control and flexibility over your recording, I highly recommend using OBS Studio. It's free, and lets you use overlays and text sliders.
You'll want to adjust your bitrate to 50000 Kbps though, and your frame rate to 60 frames per second. These are of course optional, but doing this will ensure the highest quality possible. Just make sure your processor is capable of recording at those settings, as you'll need a somewhat beefy rig to record reliably.

And as an added bonus, editing software. I highly recommend the Movavi Video Editor, which is about $40. It's not the most powerful editor around, but it's a massive step up from most of the free editors you'll find online. It's also super easy to use.

CommanderPrime

New User
Oct 8, 2016
YouTube
I use hauppauge for my capture card, I have had it for a few months and the recordings that I have uploaded to YouTube are top notch. With Happauge there is a way of recording PC Gaming with it but it's fiddly so I suggest you use OBS as it is free and easy to use or you could use Bandicam which is what I am using it has good quality output from both video and audio and it is really easy to use as well.

Hope this helped

hefinthegreat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2015
thegamevlog.com
YouTube
To capture gaming console recordings, I use Elgato HD60, you can check the capture quality on my channel (check out the MKX and WWE2K15 videos they are done using Elgato HD60 with comentary)

Also I did a unboxing video for the same last year

Hope it helps!!