Tips & Tricks No capture card? NO PROBLEM! (Xbox One)

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Recently I've been recieving people amazed at the fact that i make my videos using the built in DVR feature in the Xbox One because of the 5 minute cap that the DVR app has. Well today i have a little trick for you guys that i thought was pretty well known but it seems that people see the "5 Minutes Max" and don't even bother with it. I've recorded up to 15 minute videos using my DVR with ZERO PROBLEMS what so ever and i would love to share this with the Freedom Family! :)

Step 1 - Snap your app to the side of whatever game you are trying to record and prepare to hit "Start recording"

Step 2 - Hit "Start recording" and quickly before the time it's "0:05" quickly double tap the home Xbox and unsnap the app.

Step 3- The app will continue to run in the background as long as you do not minimize the game and open another app, once you've recorded your desired amount simply double tap the home button and open the DVR app again and it will say "You've recorded 2 seconds" or whatever number you unsnapped the app at

Final - Then simply open up upload studios and you will see that your footage will be there in it's entirety! From there you can upload them to "OneDrive" and access it via your computer and simply download the raw 1080p file!

Hope this help guys! If you guys have any questions feel free to hit me up! :)

Reactions: Av3rageGamer

TheWickedOnes

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
You could rely on the standard capture software in your console, but to be honest the quality is kinda meh most textures aren't always that sharp, and the colors lack depth. as can be seen here:
I give you this, it's a nice way to get into youtube when you don't have that much to spend! Good tutorial btw!

Reactions: CarbonMeister

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
It's true it isn't the best but unfortunately for individuals like me that don't have $150 to drop on a capture card right now the best thing i can use is my DVR but i do agree 100% that the elgato is INCREDIBLE and i would love to get one in the near future it opens sooooo many more possibilities as far as content you can make that you simply cannot do with the built in DVR starting with "Live Commentaries" but thank you for sharing that video man been actually curious to see the differences with both being rendered at 1080p :p

Reactions: TheWickedOnes