Oculus Rift = $599!! | What do you guys thing about this?

Rogue Games

Well-Known User
Jul 6, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Hey Freedom! With the Oculus rift having just recently opened it's gates on the pre orders with that we were also given a price which is $599.

I was wondering what you guys think about this and weather or not you will be picking one up?

I have not tested ANY VR Headset as of yet but It's most certainly tech that I am VERY interested in, I just don't know if I'm $599 interested...

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Freedom and DamnLAG Forums Banner.jpg

CarbonMeister

Call Of Duty YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
I feel like the high ticket price could have a lot to do with the fact that it's not a mainstream product yet most individuals who purchase it are YouTubers and techy individuals. The more mainstream this becomes i think we can expect a price drop drastically. So moral of this story is i'll stick to watching people use it and wait a couple more years lol

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I think it's a fair price for now. I probably will not be getting it unless I get an actual job at some point lol.

Mark Reynolds

Rising User
Oct 13, 2015
YouTube
Hey Freedom! With the Oculus rift having just recently opened it's gates on the pre orders with that we were also given a price which is $599.

I was wondering what you guys think about this and weather or not you will be picking one up?

I have not tested ANY VR Headset as of yet but It's most certainly tech that I am VERY interested in, I just don't know if I'm $599 interested...

View attachment 12769
Thats alot for a looking glass -- the they have to sell it for 599 if it was 199 it would be a deal

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube

View attachment 12769
Even though i love the concept of VR i won't buy it since i can only see with one eye and i'm sure that would make the experience with the oculus very unpleasant.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
2016 seems to be the year of vr...
I don't have a vr unit... but I've played with cardboard and it's actually quite awesome...

Which is why I'm saving up to get camera equipment to make vr videos...

As for oculus... I'm not so sure it's going to be the best choice for gamers since valve has its hands in with the htc Vive. .. but either way. . It's really cool... I like it...

Noneamannim

Teamplayer
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
USA
I think that the Virtuix Omni has potential. Oculus seems a little full of themselves, and overpriced to say the least.

goshops

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 23, 2014
YouTube
I don't really understand why people are complaining about the price. I know it was 'supposed' to be $200-$400 but still, for what you're getting and what you can experience, I think $600 is a very reasonable price, and I did have a DK2 that cost me $400+

Once I get the money I'll be getting one. Racing games are amazing! Being able to look around naturally like you are driving is awesome. Flight games, like DCS world, are awesome as well.

Will9999

Rising User
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
I look at Oculus Rift and other VR headsets and my nostrils are fisted by the sickening stench of "stupidly expensive Gimmick." Add the price of the Rift onto the price you'll need to pay to buy the super eldritch mega death computer from space to even run the darn thing and....yeah, I don't see this thing having much of future in gaming. But that's just me.