Request Please give me your opinion on my channel

ShadowMajor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Hi there guys,

My channel is a variety channel, it has many different things going on on it, but I'm curious to know what someone who doesn't know what it's about, thinks about it.

Please give me an opinion on the channels construction, the thumbnails, titles ect. and also what you think on the videos themselves please.

my channel is
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmajor

Many thanks :)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Just a suggestion, but next time you want someone to put the time into looking at your channel, maybe suggest that you'll look at theirs and do the same for them. It makes you seem a lot less self-centred and people would be more willing to help. Everyone wants something here, but everyone also needs to reciprocate if they expect to get any help.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
Of all the channel I've reviewed for other partners of Freedom!, I find yours to be the most interesting. I freaking love magic tricks and enjoyed watching your video that shows us what you do. I get good vibes from you. Lets get down to it since I'm already here and don't feel like sending you to my thread.

All right, so straight from the start, it looks like you have a professional photography friend and your logo looks amazing! Your banner is on point and captures my attention and has some personality to it. Your thumbnails are extremely unique and personalized. Your videos are well organized. You have a good, clear voice and your music isn't too loud. Im quite surprised.

I was thinking about subscribing to your channel until I saw you had quite a bit of Call of Duty content and that honestly turned me away from wanting to subscribe. However, other than that, 10/10 bro.

Edit: My English and Grammar has been terrible all day. :(

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
I love the thumbnails, they're not overly complicated and they stand out. The Logo in the corner of them is a great idea, as well as using yourself as thumbnail material.

Banner is simple and works well, not overly dramatic or anything. Trailer is excellent, I couldn't take my eyes off to see what happened next!

ShadowMajor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Just a suggestion, but next time you want someone to put the time into looking at your channel, maybe suggest that you'll look at theirs and do the same for them. It makes you seem a lot less self-centred and people would be more willing to help. Everyone wants something here, but everyone also needs to reciprocate if they expect to get any help.
A fair point, also would be fair to say that I am not going to lose sleep if nobody does, this is a new page on the forums, and was actually curious to see if anybody would do anything, and seeing as the main thread is someone offering reviews and has a tonne of people asking for it (I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're in there too) so don't try to judge, okay?

Of all the channel I've reviewed for other partners of Freedom!, I find yours to be the most interesting. I freaking love magic tricks and enjoyed watching your video that shows us what you do. I get good vibes from you. Lets get down to it since I'm already here and don't feel like sending you to my thread.

All right, so straight from the start, it looks like you have a professional photography friend and your logo looks amazing! Your banner is on point and captures my attention and has some personality to it. Your thumbnails are extremely unique and personalized. Your videos are well organized. You have a good, clear voice and your music isn't too loud. Im quite surprised.

I was thinking about subscribing to your channel until I saw you had quite a bit of Call of Duty content and that honestly turned me away from wanting to subscribe. However, other than that, 10/10 bro.

Edit: My English and Grammar has been terrible all day. :(

Thank you very much KrazyK, All of my camera work, photoshop, editing, audio, the lot is done by myself, so thank you very much for the compliment.

Yeah I packed the Call of Duty stuff as it's really not where I want my channel to go, and was experimenting at the time, but thank you for your honesty

I love the thumbnails, they're not overly complicated and they stand out. The Logo in the corner of them is a great idea, as well as using yourself as thumbnail material.

Banner is simple and works well, not overly dramatic or anything. Trailer is excellent, I couldn't take my eyes off to see what happened next!
Thank you very much Stelgim, I need to slightly modify my banner to add the new playlists in, and i was considering a slight tweak in other ways, but I'll have to think on it more.

Well when it comes to thumbnails, I am really just guessing at what is best haha, it's difficult to try and explain what your doing in just one picture i find haha.

Reactions: KrazyK Gaming

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
No judgement, just trying to help. I may come off a little strong at times, but I'm really here to try to help everybody. I'm just speaking on the general interest for everybody. I do wish you luck, though!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I quite like magic channels and have subbed to a few of them. I think its definitely a good area to go into and has potential as a channel. I'd really recommend focusing on a specific area though, mixing gaming with other types of channels can hurt your channel more than it may bring views in. If someone subs because the like some of your magic videos they may unsub when you post a gaming video.

For branding, I think your channel icon is a bit too small and hard to see. You might be better off with just your face or a simple logo to represent your channel. Or even just cropping out some of the picture so you can clearly see the cards.

A lot of your videos have quite low views, this is one of the hardest things to fix as a small channel. A good idea can be to get involved with other communities that do magic/magic videos. Even commenting on similar channels (not promoting or asking for subs) will bring a small amount of views in and you may make friends with these channels.

I think you have good content though, nice to see something other than just gaming. So once you bring some views in the channel should have potential to keep growing. :)

ShadowMajor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I quite like magic channels and have subbed to a few of them. I think its definitely a good area to go into and has potential as a channel. I'd really recommend focusing on a specific area though, mixing gaming with other types of channels can hurt your channel more than it may bring views in. If someone subs because the like some of your magic videos they may unsub when you post a gaming video.

For branding, I think your channel icon is a bit too small and hard to see. You might be better off with just your face or a simple logo to represent your channel. Or even just cropping out some of the picture so you can clearly see the cards.

A lot of your videos have quite low views, this is one of the hardest things to fix as a small channel. A good idea can be to get involved with other communities that do magic/magic videos. Even commenting on similar channels (not promoting or asking for subs) will bring a small amount of views in and you may make friends with these channels.

I think you have good content though, nice to see something other than just gaming. So once you bring some views in the channel should have potential to keep growing. :)
Yeah, it's been one of my biggest arguments with myself whether to focus on just one area, some people say do one thing and one thing only, others say do as much as you can and see what get's the most following.

Magic communities are fickle! they don't really want to know unless you're a seasoned veteran! drives me insane.

But thank you for the advice none the less :)

ahgodamit

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 15, 2014
USA
YouTube
ahgodamit
I think your content and production are great and you have a very inviting channel trailer. I also think your thumbnails are really good for letting people know what's up in the video. Just keep promoting and it seems like you are having a lot of fun and that really matters a lot. I enjoy the channel and I think others will too.

ShadowMajor

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I think your content and production are great and you have a very inviting channel trailer. I also think your thumbnails are really good for letting people know what's up in the video. Just keep promoting and it seems like you are having a lot of fun and that really matters a lot. I enjoy the channel and I think others will too.
Thanks very much :) yeah, that's why it started at the end of the day, I'm doing it to have fun, true, I'd like it to be as good as it can be, but that's my personality in a nutshell haha