PS4 Backwards Compatibility for PS2 Games

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Not sure if you guys already heard about the news, PS4 will soon have backwards compatibility for PS2 games soon. Not sure if they will support all games for PS2 game library or not. But for me, it would be great because I still have my ps2 games and would like to play them on my PS4. And yes I still do have my PS2 console, but it will be great if they can emulate PS2 games. It will save me a lot of troubles recording my PS2 games.

What do you guys think? Is it great? And when is your prediction when PS4 will patch the console to run PS2 games? Do you think, you need to have a certain PS4 model to run PS2 games? Like what they did on the PS3?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Heard the news and it is a good move but i am curious about the pricing.
I am waiting for the Ps3 games making their entry on the Ps4 as i have a couple games i want to complete since i sold my Ps3 at the time to get a Ps4 and want to finish what i started back then (*Cough* Trophy Hunter here *Cough* :D

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Well tomorrow, PS4 will be start porting some PS2 Games to PS4 console. It seems, Sony PS4 will not have backwards compatibility after all. They would rather you pay for the games you already owned to get a quick buck. It's all about the money I guess.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Well tomorrow, PS4 will be start porting some PS2 Games to PS4 console. It seems, Sony PS4 will not have backwards compatibility after all. They would rather you pay for the games you already owned to get a quick buck. It's all about the money I guess.
Its not like they said "Hey while we're making these PS2 games we should make sure that they'll work in the future too". These discs prolly are made differently than the PS4 ones we have today. Can't assume the worst all the time.

SacredEdge

Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2015
Japan
YouTube
I'm a bit curious on how's the resolution of ps2 games on ps4..

On the side note..

Its a good thing here in japan they still selling PS2 games.. (but its in the used shop tbough.. The best part most of the games there are 60-80% off)

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
I'm a bit curious on how's the resolution of ps2 games on ps4..

On the side note..

Its a good thing here in japan they still selling PS2 games.. (but its in the used shop tbough.. The best part most of the games there are 60-80% off)
so they are like $3? xD When I was younger, a brand new PS2 game would cost $20 instead of todays average $60.

SacredEdge

Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2015
Japan
YouTube
so they are like $3? xD When I was younger, a brand new PS2 game would cost $20 instead of todays average $60.

Yeah, sorta.. I did bought a Metal gear rising revengeance for ¥500 (somewhere in $3-4) and yaiba (same price).. And also i saw a dragon's dogma (normal edition) for ¥200..

Also as for the ps2.. Yeah, but for some reason most of the well known title are almost in ¥2000 the rest are somewhere in 500-1500 (but the shovelware titles is in 100 yen..)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thought the PS4 already had some backwards compatibility if you were counting the 'Playstation Now'? Though if it brought proper physical backwards compatibility i.e you could put old PS2 games in your PS4 and play then, well that would be awesome