Quitting Youtube

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
It seems as though from my perspective you've had a bit of bad luck with YouTube. For me, Ii'm almost at 100 subs and it's been nothing but the best. I think you need to find a group of people who all do (or watch) YouTube that really do care about your channel almost as much as they do theirs. When your friends comment on your videos it makes you feel good, even though you know they are doing it just to be nice, who knows how much of the video they actually watch. Your right, a nice comment can go a long way. 5 years is a very long time, as I don't know how that feels as I am coming up only on 1. Motivation is key, rather it be having someone who actually likes your videos, or seeing that 10 cents pop up in your paypal each month, thinking that someday you could make a profit out of what you love. Your a veteran, and you gotta find a way to pull through. A break might be in order, but if it were me I feel empty if I didn't have to think about what my next video or commentary will be. Hope this helps.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
[QUOTE="And like @Anthony Smith said, make a persona and try to practice it. I did try and how many videos do you think I already made? Maybe around 2k+ or more? Do you think its not enough practice and not get it right?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot I could say here so for the sake of making this brief let's pretend I said all the blatantly positive and inspirational things in the world already because if I had time i'd put those things here.

Now as for "YouTube success" or just getting views etc lets take a step back and define what you feel is a success. for me on my old gaming channel it was "paying the bills" which meant breaking even so YouTube didn't cost me money. if the channel did that then I could post mostly self fulfilling content and make the occasional video to "pay the bills" how i did that was through SEO. I could write a book on that but it boils down to tagging like you search tags are phrases primarily not single words. secondarily single words make good filler. phrases are super important in SEO no matter what you're doing content wise. when i was planning on making a video to "pay the bills" the first thing I did was look for new and emerging trends and start searching for them. then see what auto completes. those phrases became my tags, title, and description "meat" with me only fitting in relevant ones. this netted me (at my channels prime) about $400 a month in revenue.

now that was my recepie for success on that channel. I hear a thousand voices crying because I mentioned money. get over it. it's a universal benchmark of success.

anywho... with that content strategy i found myself making tutorial videos every month or so to keep traffic flowing, sadly this did lead to some dead subscribers. I learned to live with it and actually used it to my benefit when reaching out to companies for free games to play, even got some AAA titles a week or two before launch because of it.

by all counts my 10k sub channel that got 400 initial views per video can easily be seen as a flop... but I never sold it as one to companies i wrote letters to. and most of the things i got for free and did videos on did fairly well actually so I never felt scammy in what I was doing. I always kept my eyes on reddit to see what the next big thing was going to be. I rarely promoted stuff there but it was an easy way for me to keep tabs on the latest internet happenings.

if you look at my most popular content you'll see where all my money/success came from most of it was me stepping outside the box and finding out how i could help people find the info they're looking for.

well that's my story and how i defined success at the time. I hope this gives some insight into something helpful. Stop viewing YouTube as a bolt which only one wrench can work with and instead see it as a standard screw, sure you can only use a standard screwdriver... or a putty knife... or a thumbnail... or a set of fingernail clippers... heck just about anything flat can get the job done. DM me on skype and we can talk channel strategy, what went right, what went wrong, and how you can start seeing gains in whatever you deem is "success" to you.

Oh anyone who shames me for talking numbers u there, or thinks i was bragging... shove off.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Thanks for all the people who posted in this thread. I am feeling much better.
I would like to say special thanks to @Anthony Smith sensei for opening my eyes.
I would follow the path you told me to follow.
And @Enmoshin for graphics art, that will make my channel have some sort of uniqueness and personality.

Reactions: Enmoshin