Ratchet & Clank PS4 Copyright Claim NBC Universal (Banned In All Countries)

Trophy W Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 24, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
So i've tried to upload my playthroughs of Ratchet & Clank but everytime it gets banned in all countries due to audio visual copyright claim by NBC Universal. It seems to be grabbing the cut scenes. Its not the monetisation that bothers me its the fact that the videos will not be seen anyone other than me because its been banned in all countries. Anyone else had similar issues with this game or another? Is it a case of just editing out all the cut scenes? There is other channels big and small with full playthroughs monetised and has cut scenes, i cant get my head around it!

Po O'Tato

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 24, 2016
YouTube
I would edit out the cutscenes, and if it get banned again. Look into disputing it. You may want to try looking into the creator academy, and looking up their videos about copyrights. So copyright hits they get are automated. But, defo look into the creator academy, and maybe even read the copyright information on the game itself before proceeding. I wouldn't want you to get a strike for following my advice.

I had a game get flagged because of the music, that the game used. The video was still playable, but I couldn't monetize it. So it maybe something like that. Or the cutscenes could somehow be related to the movie coming out? I am not sure.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
So i've tried to upload my playthroughs of Ratchet & Clank but everytime it gets banned in all countries due to audio visual copyright claim by NBC Universal. It seems to be grabbing the cut scenes. Its not the monetisation that bothers me its the fact that the videos will not be seen anyone other than me because its been banned in all countries. Anyone else had similar issues with this game or another? Is it a case of just editing out all the cut scenes? There is other channels big and small with full playthroughs monetised and has cut scenes, i cant get my head around it!

Keeping cut scenes in a playthrough is a good way to get banned. Those are not under fair use. I used to have issues with this when I started youtube, but once I edited out all the cut scenes have not had a problem since. This and not taking out in game music are two common ways to get a copyright strike.

Reactions: Trophy W Gaming

Trophy W Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 24, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
Keeping cut scenes in a playthrough is a good way to get banned. Those are not under fair use. I used to have issues with this when I started youtube, but once I edited out all the cut scenes have not had a problem since. This and not taking out in game music are two common ways to get a copyright strike.

Thats good to know, i've only been uploading the past few months so im still trying to figure out all this copyright and fair use palava, i've shortend the cutscenes to around 10 seconds so the story still flows but its within fair use...i think!

I had the same issue. Turns out Plastation Online Entertainment owns the rights to the game and Universal owns the cutscenes.

Really! That's pretty interesting, slowly but surely i'll get the hang of all this haha.

Thanks for the help guys