Offering Request in depth review here!

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I've reviewed a lot of channels on here already and I'm back again!
if you want a lengthy and in-depth channel review you are in the right place!
If you want one simply comment your channel link down below and say something nice (-:
If you want to you can take a look at my channel, but nothing is necessary for the review!

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey man, I have seen you give a ton of reviews. Can't remember if you ever reviewed my channel, but if not. Take a shot at it.

Here are some comments in regards to your channel.
1 - See about getting a channel trailer. Everything is set up nicely but a trailer will allow others to get a quick glance at you and your personality, also gives an idea about what your channel is about.
2 - Your thumbnails are decent, but for me (and this is my opinion) they're either a bit too busy or a bit to bland. For example "GPU Thermal Paste Replacement! Should you replace your" thumbnail can be a little but more active. You have the Dr Dunk promotion icon at the top right, and frankly that's good. You want to identify and give your content an image, though I feel more could have been done with that thumbnail. In a complete opposite, "why I haven't been uploading channel update" just seems too busy. You do get to the point with the Thumbnail, but like I said just seems like there's too much going on. Your "New Microphone! Channel Update" thumbnail is perfect in my opinion.

Everything else about your channel look's pretty decent and put together. Looks like you're doing pretty decent with your views as well. Those are my only suggestions.... for now.. LOL

HPH_Potion_2.png

Reactions: Dr. Dunk

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey man, I have seen you give a ton of reviews. Can't remember if you ever reviewed my channel, but if not. Take a shot at it.

Here are some comments in regards to your channel.
1 - See about getting a channel trailer. Everything is set up nicely but a trailer will allow others to get a quick glance at you and your personality, also gives an idea about what your channel is about.
2 - Your thumbnails are decent, but for me (and this is my opinion) they're either a bit too busy or a bit to bland. For example "GPU Thermal Paste Replacement! Should you replace your" thumbnail can be a little but more active. You have the Dr Dunk promotion icon at the top right, and frankly that's good. You want to identify and give your content an image, though I feel more could have been done with that thumbnail. In a complete opposite, "why I haven't been uploading channel update" just seems too busy. You do get to the point with the Thumbnail, but like I said just seems like there's too much going on. Your "New Microphone! Channel Update" thumbnail is perfect in my opinion.

Everything else about your channel look's pretty decent and put together. Looks like you're doing pretty decent with your views as well. Those are my only suggestions.... for now.. LOL

View attachment 19265

first of all, thanks for the info! planning on making the trailer somewhere these weeks! I'll also try to improve the thumbnails of future videos!

for the review:
- your banner and logo look awesome!
- good job having a channel trailer (;
- good organization on your main page
- your thumbnails look good, but personally I prefer having a bit more in it than the title and number. good thing you have your logo in it!
- your video quality looks good, but maybe add something around your face cam? maybe a shadow effect to make it pop out more.
- your tags are decent but your videos will be hard to find if they don't include heal please heal or hph in the search. maybe remove some of those tags and replace them with more tags that are more likely to be searched, but still unique.
- Your description is very good and clean!
- your channel link is in your description. if people want to see your channel they can just click on your name or logo :)
- the freedom link isn't clickable and maybe you could put your affiliate link there.
- you listed music sites you use for music, but also let us know hat songs you used
- nice about page! very informative and still fun to read.
- in the about page you say you can earn money with putting french fries in your face. is that so? lol
- good job having so much social media and links!
- idk if you want to, but removing your feed page looks cleaner imo
- good job with interacting with people who comment
- if you remove the s from https in your twitter link you'll see the twitter icon instead of a globe icon
- good to see ur active on twitter!
- good job on playlists

think i already reviewed your channel once, but not this in depth. I was already a filthy love bucket :p

Last edited:
Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Thank you man...

That's odd about the trailer though, as I do have one and comes up for any new viewers. That is unless you're already subbed.
Thank you for the Twitter comment regarding the icon, I was always wondering why it never came out. Very true about the Freedom refer link, I'll make sure to use it.

Thank you again.

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Thank you man...

That's odd about the trailer though, as I do have one and comes up for any new viewers. That is unless you're already subbed.
Thank you for the Twitter comment regarding the icon, I was always wondering why it never came out. Very true about the Freedom refer link, I'll make sure to use it.

Thank you again.
whoops, my bad. I'm not a new viewer but a returning sub! good job on having the channel trailer haha. going to edit that

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
first of all, thanks for the info! planning on making the trailer somewhere these weeks! I'll also try to improve the thumbnails of future videos!

for the review:
- your banner and logo look awesome!
- good job having a channel trailer (;
- good organization on your main page
- your thumbnails look good, but personally I prefer having a bit more in it than the title and number. good thing you have your logo in it!
- your video quality looks good, but maybe add something around your face cam? maybe a shadow effect to make it pop out more.
- your tags are decent but your videos will be hard to find if they don't include heal please heal or hph in the search. maybe remove some of those tags and replace them with more tags that are more likely to be searched, but still unique.
- Your description is very good and clean!
- your channel link is in your description. if people want to see your channel they can just click on your name or logo :)
- the freedom link isn't clickable and maybe you could put your affiliate link there.
- you listed music sites you use for music, but also let us know hat songs you used
- nice about page! very informative and still fun to read.
- in the about page you say you can earn money with putting french fries in your face. is that so? lol
- good job having so much social media and links!
- idk if you want to, but removing your feed page looks cleaner imo
- good job with interacting with people who comment
- if you remove the s from https in your twitter link you'll see the twitter icon instead of a globe icon
- good to see ur active on twitter!
- good job on playlists

think i already reviewed your channel once, but not this in depth. I was already a filthy love bucket :p

So a couple of things. What FEED page are you referring too? I'm not sure which one that is.
My Freedom icon already has my refer link. You said that wasn't clickable?

Also... yes I will make it a goal to make money stuffing my face with fries.. LOL

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I wouldn't mind a review, haven't had one in a while.

I took a quick look at your channel as well. I liked the logo but the banner didn't really match the quality to logo had. Your thumbnails were okay though they could be more appealing, maybe set a style for your channel, it would have you logo in them or just a font and text location e.t.c. Your channel description and links are all good. Looking at your latest video quickly I felt your commentary was great, though I felt your description just needed some capitalisation in there (like on gameplay: & on titles to sections of the description. Overall a nice channel :)

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I wouldn't mind a review, haven't had one in a while.

I took a quick look at your channel as well. I liked the logo but the banner didn't really match the quality to logo had. Your thumbnails were okay though they could be more appealing, maybe set a style for your channel, it would have you logo in them or just a font and text location e.t.c. Your channel description and links are all good. Looking at your latest video quickly I felt your commentary was great, though I felt your description just needed some capitalisation in there (like on gameplay: & on titles to sections of the description. Overall a nice channel :)
Thank you, I have a friend working on the banner!

for the review:
- the logo is pretty good
- the banner looks low res, the social media sites aren't good readable. Social Media links also don't have to be in your banner. they can't click it nor copy it! they can click it at your about page!
- no real channel trailer, should be good if you want to grow
- decent main page layout, but try to include more playlists!
- your thumbnails are great! good you included your logo and some texts about the vid!
- you got playlists for most videos, good
- I don't see the use of your feed on your channel. People can just click videos to see your uploads!
- your about page is okay, try to put the thank you at last and try to give a bit more info about you and your channel. maybe why you make videos?
- in the about page links aren't clickable, maybe put it next to the other links?
- highlights are fine without you talking over it, but good you talk in long videos!
- there is a lot of background noise in your videos where you talk! I have a video online how to remove it via obs and maybe use audacity to record audio and edit it!
- your description is too short, add some more in it like thank for watching etc.
- don't put bars in the description, since those will be really ugly on other devices!
-nice to see a steam group and social media!
- you haven't been active on twitter? why not?
- your tags are bad, try to have more lengthy and specific tags! see it like people their search results. is they search team fortress 2 they will get a ton more videos and won't get to yours. for example: engineer vs centry, tf2 engineer challenge etc. make them longer and include less tags in total.
- good you include the songs you used!

that's it for now, hope you can improve on some things!

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Thank you, I have a friend working on the banner!

for the review: [REVIEW]

that's it for now, hope you can improve on some things!

Thanks, I'll look into getting some of these done before I go to Uni.
replying to some of your comments
  • the banner has some low res characters in (on the left) as they are from games back in 2001 when high resolutions didn't exist, its a bit hard to get high res images form them. I'm considering getting rid of the links.
  • I haven't got that many more playlists to show right now (I only add them if they have like 3 or more videos in them or going to be in them) :), I'll add more when I have more.
  • true, its rarely used but its nice to have a place for people to comment that doesn't require a video, I may get rid of it in the future though
  • the about page is regularly changed, I never really settle on this, I'll try to cover a bit more in it though
  • I don't actually talk over any videos with a blue corner, I use the colour to let the views know what to expect in it, Red ones do have commentary
  • I'll shorten the bars in the description a bit to work better with mobile devices
  • I do remove the background noise but because my Mic is a cheap headset mic I have to amplify it in the editor to get it hear-able, There's not much I can do here right now, but they are atleast okay to listen to
  • yea my tags are always bad, never really found a video to get a boost from tags though
  • my twitter is used to announce stuff really, don't really use it day top day.

Last edited:

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Thanks, I'll look into getting some of these done before I go to Uni.
replying to some of your comments
  • the banner has some low res characters in (on the left) as they are from games back in 2001 when high resolutions didn't exist, its a bit hard to get high res images form them. I'm considering getting rid of the links.
  • I haven't got that many more playlists to show right now (I only add them if they have like 3 or more videos in them or going to be in them) :), I'll add more when I have more.
  • true, its rarely used but its nice to have a place for people to comment that doesn't require a video, I may get rid of it in the future though
  • the about page is regularly changed, I never really settle on this, I'll try to cover a bit more in it though
  • I don't actually talk over any videos with a blue corner, I use the colour to let the views know what to expect in it, Red ones do have commentary
  • I'll shorten the bars in the description a bit to work better with mobile devices
  • I do remove the background noise but because my Mic is a cheap headset mic I have to amplify it in the editor to get it hear-able, There's not much I can do here right now, but they are atleast okay to listen to
  • yea my tags are always bad, never really found a video to get a boost from tags though
  • my twitter is used to announce stuff really, don't really use it day top day.
Why not amplify the audio first and then remove background? try audacity and you can increase your mic sound in the windows recording devices settings. Also, I prefer don't having any bars at all in the description. an enter between them already looks organized.

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Hey, I could use a channel review if you don't mind!

I'm working on the things below, so feel free to skip these.
- A new trailer
- Playlists
- Updated avatar
- Comments

Thanks, Dr. Dunk!

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey, I could use a channel review if you don't mind!

I'm working on the things below, so feel free to skip these.
- A new trailer
- Playlists
- Updated avatar
- Comments

Thanks, Dr. Dunk!

sad to see you didn't say something nice :/
anyways let start
- the logo is you, that's fine
- banner is okay, maybe increase the size of your channel name a bit
- don't see a channel trailer, could be benefitting for a channel your size
- decent main page organization
- some thumbnails are good and some are bad... It's hard to read some and note in the bottom right corner there will be the time stamp
- try to avoid playlist with 1 video and try to fill up those with only 2
- your about page looks good, maybe don't say poor commentary etc
- good you have social media, but try to be more active on twitter. for example tweet about every vid!
- Maybe move to your desk for reviews instead of your car (; looks more professional (i'm not experienced in this category)
- the tags you include with the video are good, but try to add more and it's good if they're lengthy
- good description
- overall a good channel
- keep growing (;

Empyragon

Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
Empyragon
Hey Dr.Dunk!
I've not experienced any growth on my channel for a while and my views are down significantly, so i'm humbly requesting a channel review.
Do note: my channel banner and thumbnails are a W.I.P, so advice there would be especially appreciated.
Anything else you may have for me i'm gonna try to take to heart and improve the best i can. Thanks in advance!

Btw: really like your name, i'm picturing a doctor in a white coat doing a slam-dunk at an outsold arena with the crowd going nuts! :p

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey Dr.Dunk!
I've not experienced any growth on my channel for a while and my views are down significantly, so I'm humbly requesting a channel review.
Do note: my channel banner and thumbnails are a W.I.P, so advice there would be especially appreciated.
Anything else you may have for me I'm gonna try to take to heart and improve the best I can. Thanks in advance!

Btw: really like your name, I'm picturing a doctor in a white coat doing a slam-dunk at an outsold arena with the crowd going nuts! :p
Okay, let's start!
- great you have a channel trailer, but add more things about what you do, who you are and when you upload
- like your logo and banner!
- good main page organization
- text on thumbnails is hard to read, maybe other colors and bigger text. the layout with the circle and logo is good, but takes up a lot of space :)
- good you have playlists, but maybe get rid of those with single videos
- I like your about page, you tell who you are, what you do and when you upload. but get rid of the part where you say you don't always upload. It can scare new viewers.
- good you have a twitter and also are active on it!
- the description is great! maybe add a bit more at the top about the video
- maybe ask a question or comment on your own video's
- tags are okay, try to think more about them as individual search results. if people search indie there are so much more video's ranked higher than you. make them more lengthy and specific. You can use tubebuddy to check if you have ranked tags!
- stay happy and keep growing[DOUBLEPOST=1502788148][/DOUBLEPOST]
i want a review please comment and tell me what to improve
- good you have a trailer, but it's not the best. no words about who you are and what you do. try to get the most important info out in the first 30 seconds
- add more playlists to your main page ->
- make custom banners, these are just screenshots
- banner is okay, the logo is bad imo. your snapchat code can be put elsewhere like an outro
- the about page is terrible. tags don't work there and add a lot more info. like who you are, what you do, when you upload and maybe why you make videos
- good you have some social media
- add more playlists about your video. except if you want to share it don't use other playlists
- the description is terrible, make it more lengthy by putting in links, a thank you and some other things. ->
(seen on most recent video) On let's plays, add some info at the top about the video itself!
- tags are really bad. you don't have many and most are just bare words. try to think about them like individual searches. searching xbox, vlog, wtf, gaming will get more video's ranked higher than you. Maybe do stuff like my xbox crashed, xbox one disk failure, xbox one disk problems etc. This counts for your last video, as well as your let's plays. most are just a few words which won't help you!
- good you respond to comments

Last edited:

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey buddy, I would like a review too please!
let's start!
- okay logo
- The banner is annoying to read. also, you don't need to have your social media etc in your banner because no one can copy it and it is linked elsewhere.
- Thumbnails are good!
- good home page organization
- good audio and video quality
- Myself I prefer not having organisation lines in your description because they can look bad on different devices.
- Add some more info about the video in your description
- Good you respond to comments
- the tags are good, but can be way better. See them as individual searches and maybe get tube buddy to get as much listed searches as possible!
- good playlists
- good you have twitter and are active!
- the about page is short! make it more lengthy by telling who you are, what you do, your schedule and maybe why you make videos.
- keep growing!