YouTube Script or Wing It?

Textrus

Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
YouTube
Hello, I'm really curious to know that when you do commentaries, do you have your words all written out and you know exactly what to say, or do you just say things as time goes on and hope it all makes sense. I get a little nervous when I do this and thus sound like a complete dumbass sometimes.

For something like this:

Do you think this is scripted or just basically going with the flow?

I also want to see how other Freedom! members do this as well, so please leave some feedback.

Timmy_Taco

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 7, 2016
YouTube
timmehtaco
For me, I used to use a script with a list of things to talk about in the video so I don't sound like a robot. But I have a monotone voice so I just read off scripts.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Most of the time I wing it in my videos, which is why I often go off topic for a few seconds or ask very silly hypothetical questions, though if I'm doing a review video then I will often have some points ( I guess you could say to some extent a script) to make sure I cover everything I need to

DigitalDollyEh

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2014
Canada
YouTube
DigitalDollyEh
I do a bit of both depends what my video is about. if a review i make notes and read over them a few times before starting.
if not i just wing it and try to remember to do pauses just in case i have to edit that part out

nishicake

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
YouTube
I tend to record my narrations with a topic or two that I want to talk about and just blab into my mic. I usually do 2 or 3 takes because I figure out how to say things in a better and more concise way as I redo it

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
it!

I find that onyoutube videos, unless your doing a tutorial, information or buisiness video, it seems unnatural to script it.

Just wing it! Go to your local supermarket, but a chicken. Grab the wing and record your video!
(jk)

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
When I do my commentaries I wing it all the time. I usually have an idea of what I'm going to say or some points I will hit, but I almost never write it down. Plus winging it can bring out some funny random funny phrases if you're a funny creative person. You can write a script if you're worried about sounding weird or not making sense.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello, I'm really curious to know that when you do commentaries, do you have your words all written out and you know exactly what to say, or do you just say things as time goes on and hope it all makes sense. I get a little nervous when I do this and thus sound like a complete dumbass sometimes.

For something like this:

Do you think this is scripted or just basically going with the flow?

I also want to see how other Freedom! members do this as well, so please leave some feedback.

I have a couple video's with commentary in the past and always go by feeling. Along the way you just talk about what your doing and what your going to do.

InfamousVigilante

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 6, 2016
I wing it unless it's for review I write my thoughts just to make sure I say everything that I can say in the review