Seems like no one bothers to help each other out on here, wdyt?

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I like being partnered with freedom but lowkey how does it really help your channel out? I know they give you all the tools and you have to put in the work but ultimately it feels like the network doesnt do much. Plus not mention when trying to collab or have other channels help each other out they dont want to not trying to sound like a d*ck but a majority of the gaming channels on here really blow. Not saying my channel is better just expressing my opinion. Though yea i do youtube as a hobby when im not working or in school but really im starting to realize that being partnered with freedom does not really help out as much as i thought it would but whatever ultimately ill just see where my channel goes.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Freedom! helps you in the same way any other network would help. Although Freedom! is evidently lacking in the overall scope of it's potential with other corporate partnerships.
Here is the painful truth though... The vast majority of channels that come through here are not destined to get big. Likely due to the lack of content quality or the non-genuine personality of the person behind the camera or voice in the video.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Most of the people who uses the forum now a days, only goes here to promote their video. And if they do post to help other people, they have a hidden agenda. Like to get a shot to be a Freedom Staff, but once they get the position they will be inactive.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Freedom! helps you in the same way any other network would help. Although Freedom! is evidently lacking in the overall scope of it's potential with other corporate partnerships.
Here is the painful truth though... The vast majority of channels that come through here are not destined to get big. Likely due to the lack of content quality or the non-genuine personality of the person behind the camera or voice in the video.
I feel like freedom has the potential to be the best but like you said its lacking and a majority of the people on here dont do anything but promote there videos that no one wants to watch.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Most of the people who uses the forum now a days, only goes here to promote their video. And if they do post to help other people, they have a hidden agenda. Like to get a shot to be a Freedom Staff, but once they get the position they will be inactive.
Exactly bro most of the people on here dont really do anything. I know i shouldnt be talking because i only have 5 videos but when you work part time and are in school its not easy to record and edit videos everyday.

Chris

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Exactly bro most of the people on here dont really do anything. I know i shouldnt be talking because i only have 5 videos but when you work part time and are in school its not easy to record and edit videos everyday.
I know what you mean, however even if you manage to get subscriber from here. 99% of the time they are just support/pity subscribers. They will not even watch your videos. Also, one way of getting people to subscribe to you here is if you are a staff member. People will treat you nicely and some even subscribe to you just to be a your favorite pet.

It's really rare to have a decent conversation here. It's all about their self..

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is also highly important to understand target markets.

On here, the market that presents itself is explicitly and entirely YouTubers. YouTubers want to see things that YouTubers would be interested in. Such as videos that explain tips on how to grow their channels legitimately.
If your a gamer and you post here, nobody is going to give a rats rear end since they would never be interested in that content.

If it's going to help them grow in an atmosphere where YouTubers are, they're going to watch it since it will be helpful to them to actually watch it.

If it's something that they would watch if they wanted to watch it (i.e. a gaming video), then they're not going to watch it since their time here is aimed at finding things to help their channel. Your gaming video will be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

What I'm getting that is if the people present are interested in something like it, they'll watch it. If this was a community of gamers talking about gaming content, then it is likely that they'd watch the video if advertised properly. But since it's a community of YouTubers, they're talking about YouTube and YouTube content creation stuff, if it's not that, it won't get watch.

We don't care about the gaming content posted there since it's irrelevant to the atmosphere of the forum. Post things that we YouTubers would like to watch, that's the fine and final line.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Remember that it goes both ways, how much have you been helping out others in the forums? I do think the majority of people are selfish just in general as well as Freedom. Having a lot of younger people doing Youtube doesn't exactly help with that either. There are some people that are genuinely helpful and you can learn a lot from. I'm still learning new things, long as you pick who to listen to and who not to :p

Also, one way of getting people to subscribe to you here is if you are a staff member.

Being a staff member really doesn't get you any more views/subs 99% of my views coming in are from YT search and recommended videos. Although I don't think I have ever posted in the promotion section since joining...

Last edited:
Reactions: MMLY

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I know what you mean, however even if you manage to get subscriber from here. 99% of the time they are just support/pity subscribers. They will not even watch your videos. Also, one way of getting people to subscribe to you here is if you are a staff member. People will treat you nicely and some even subscribe to you just to be a your favorite pet.

It's really rare to have a decent conversation here. It's all about their self..
Thats true theres better MCN than freedom tbh but you need a certain amount of subs and views.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Remember that it goes both ways, how much have you been helping out others in the forums? I do think the majority of people are selfish just in general as well as Freedom. Having a lot of younger people doing Youtube doesn't exactly help with that either. There are some people that are genuinely helpful and you can learn a lot from. I'm still learning new things, long as you pick who to listen to and who not to :p

Being a staff member really doesn't get you any more views/subs 99% of my views coming in are from YT search and recommended videos. Although I don't think I have ever posted in the promotion section since joining...
Yea thats true like i mentioned a lot of the videos from here especially from the younger ones really blow.

Chris

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube

Not talking about you, but active youtubers who became staff. And you know who I am talking about.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
I Make Videos to try and make the views laugh. I'm not in it for the Views or Subs but its nice to get subs and views knowing your content is being watched. I wouldn't know how to solve this problem of members in this forum needing to help each other out, to me someone needs to make a dedicated youtube channel for freedom solely to help promote freedom! partners, yes there are tons of youtubers telling you how to become popular or tips on growing your fan base but there aren't any shoutout channels dedicated to promoting freedom! partners(maybe not just freedom! partners but the whole scope). I Care about making content not views and subs (but I do get excited when I do get a sub :) )

Chris

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
I Make Videos to try and make the views laugh. I'm not in it for the Views or Subs but its nice to get subs and views knowing your content is being watched. I wouldn't know how to solve this problem of members in this forum needing to help each other out, to me someone needs to make a dedicated youtube channel for freedom solely to help promote freedom! partners, yes there are tons of youtubers telling you how to become popular or tips on growing your fan base but there aren't any shoutout channels dedicated to promoting freedom! partners(maybe not just freedom! partners but the whole scope). I Care about making content not views and subs (but I do get excited when I do get a sub :) )
Even if you get a shot out from Freedom, there are high chances you will get dead subscribers. Like they only subscribe to you as a support to a fellow Freedom Partner.

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
ive been taking youtube serious and partnered with freedom for a year and not once have i ever used a freedom "tool". ive been building my channel my own way doing what i love.