Should I Start a new Channel?

ImBasiic

Huffy
Freedom! Member
Jun 7, 2014
North Carolina
YouTube
HuffyGaming
Hey guys I need your opinions please! I have Been making youtube videos for a long time now on my youtube channel. But it was created back in 2012 and I went inactive for a while and alot of my subscribers did too due to that. Also I changed my name from "Basic" to "Huffy" and the youtube url says /imbasiic, So with that being said im not sure if I should start a new channel or not because I feel as if with all the work I put into my videos I should have more views, also I have NEVER Sub Botted this channel so my views should be active. So help me out please!!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I actually started a new one, but I had pretty good reasons too do so. For one, the previous channel was run by myself along with another person who no longer does youtube. We both did very different types of gaming and so the audience that we had got, was split which sort of caused this issue where those who wanted to watch his videos would dislike mine, but those who wanted to watch mine would dislike his.

I wasn't too happy about the split that occurred do to this.

The other reason is, I didn't go through a small rebranding change, but a massive one.

The third reason is because the channel was full of videos that where getting claimed due to some previous music I used from and artist who allowed it but eventually got bought by a big company.

Now let me just tell you this, as a recruiter ... I see tons of big channels who no longer have the same name as their channel url. In fact .. it's more common. Sometimes I even see some big channels not have a custom url at all. I never realized the url didn't matter all that much. Makes sense though because people don't typically browse to their favorite youtuber through the url, but they go to youtube and just go to their subscriptions page.

Reactions: ImBasiic