Some of my drawing's

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
As i am still new to this forums i do not know if i posted this in the right area, But i would like anyone/everyone's honest opinion on some of these drawing's if you do not mind. :)

First drawing: Koinzell Manga: Ubel blatt

Second drawing: Ichigo Kurosaki Anime/Manga: bleach

Third drawing: Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric Anime/Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist(brotherhood)

Fourth drawing: Link Game: The Legend of Zelda

Once again i apologize if i posted in the wrong area i just was some opinions :)

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
Man you have a talent there, I´m trying to draw in manga style but hey, you are going pretty well on drawing on that style, keep practicing and you should be able to make your own characters in no time, remember to not stress yourself

Reactions: phoenix RSPS

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
Man you have a talent there, I´m trying to draw in manga style but hey, you are going pretty well on drawing on that style, keep practicing and you should be able to make your own characters in no time, remember to not stress yourself
th thing that sucks for my is i cant draw without a picture referral i need one in front of me to draw ;-;

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
th thing that sucks for my is i cant draw without a picture referral i need one in front of me to draw ;-;
That's pretty common until you get a lot of practice in. I have a friend who is studying to be an artist in university, and only recently has he been able to create original pieces without references. Keep drawing and you may get there too.

Reactions: phoenix RSPS

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
It is okay if you start like this, just change when you feel you don´t need them...as I said, don´t stress yourself..step by step you´lll be closer to your goal.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I have started drawing from refference myself, heck started out way worse than you are right now, there is nothing wrong with using refference. My biggest tip for you would be, use 2 (or more) refferences and try to put them together somehow, dont just copy but try to invent something new within the refference that you have :)

Oh and you should probably work some more on your shading, I know its hard to shade, especially if you're only using one color, but when done right it will take you far :)

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
I have started drawing from refference myself, heck started out way worse than you are right now, there is nothing wrong with using refference. My biggest tip for you would be, use 2 (or more) refferences and try to put them together somehow, dont just copy but try to invent something new within the refference that you have :)

Oh and you should probably work some more on your shading, I know its hard to shade, especially if you're only using one color, but when done right it will take you far :)
Glad to see someone helping, and well..thanks for giving him advices

PunkJax

Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2015
NYC
youtube.com
YouTube
You should try drawing from life as reference, even if you're drawing in a manga style. Looking at people in motion when you're thinking of drawing helps you notice how body parts curve and shape and how their purpose is. Study a little anatomy maybe as well.

If you want to get good at drawing, my advice is: just keep drawing a lot for a long time like for real. And take advice and critique wherever you can. Don't be afraid to experiment and try things you think you're not good at.