YouTube Something strange

Rhan

Nov 2, 2017
Reach
YouTube
so we posted a video back in December and it was doing pretty well up until now, for the past day and a half it seems to have gone up by about 700 views and it seems like it's still rising. This just seems very unnatural for our channel, since we are a very small channel. Anyone have an idea on what's happening?

Mike Newman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 20, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
madmik32510
so we posted a video back in December and it was doing pretty well up until now, for the past day and a half it seems to have gone up by about 700 views and it seems like it's still rising. This just seems very unnatural for our channel, since we are a very small channel. Anyone have an idea on what's happening?
I had this in December of last year and did a little digging.
I found that on the mobile app if someone has their phone in portrait mode and you are on their reccommended home page the video auto plays muted with subtitles. I have seen this with many people i watch. Try it for yourself to see
Note: it only really works when your video is paused on.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Sounds like a good thing to me :) This tends to happen when a search word that is in one of your videos is trending or another popular YouTuber uploads a similar video and your video gets placed in the recommended sidebar. You should be able to find where the views are coming from with your YouTube analytics

Reactions: Rhan