Tips & Tricks Subscribers are going up, but views are going down, any tips?

Game Addiction

New User
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
My subscribers were going down for a couple days, but now they are back up. My views are still not so good though, any ideas on how to get more of my subscribers to watch my videos, and attract new audiences?

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
My subscribers were going down for a couple days, but now they are back up. My views are still not so good though, any ideas on how to get more of my subscribers to watch my videos, and attract new audiences?

My tips:

• Remove your cheesy and annoying intro, do you see any of the large channels using intros? No!
  • You play many games, that is cool so do I but I have a few consistent games(Battlefield 4, Battlefront) However I also offer my opinions(Reviews) on games, so people expect different games from me.
  • You are doing what everyone else does, try to switch it up, I know this can be a challenge but if you add your own flair into it you can get away with doing what everyone else does because people will watch for your personality....
  • You have alot of down time in your videos, which means you don't have stuff that is exciting, and your personality isn't the most outgoing, so if you cant be more entertaining with your personality then have the gameplay be entertaining, this doesn't mean act like a moron.
  • Your videos are kind of long, anything over 10 mins is pushing it, I'd recommend cutting them down to 8 mins, you can do this by cutting out the down time, using the most entertaining highlights etc.... Most of my videos tend to be between 2-5 mins
  • Also put more effort into your thumbnails, I'm not saying you dont now im just saying right now they're bland and boring, I do like the titles of the last 3 videos keep that format, they are catchy and direct to the point
  • Your logo and channel art aren't the most appealing infact they don't look good at all, either work at it with tutorials, hire someone or something else but I feel they need to be improved.. .
I hope this helps you, I'm not saying this to be mean, but to help you improve... Holding your hand telling you that its cool or good when ultimately its not isn't going to help you... Feel free to give me feedback on my channel, tell me what you like and dislike...

Also before I go here is one of my thumbnails(It took me time to get to this style):

Also here is my production process how much effort and time I put into my videos..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mora Hannover

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Continue creating good content. Try and up your production value. DO REACON (not sure if that's the right spelling)
Keep a consistent upload schedule.
Put a lot of effort into your videos even if it means one video a week.

And most importantly MAKE VIDEOS ABOUT WHAT YOU LOVE! Don't make videos about something you don't like because it will make them less enjoyable. MAKE VIDEOS PURELY ABOUT YOUR PASSION.

MomBooShuGaming

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
YouTube
My tips:

• Remove your cheesy and annoying intro, do you see any of the large channels using intros? No!
  • You play many games, that is cool so do I but I have a few consistent games(Battlefield 4, Battlefront) However I also offer my opinions(Reviews) on games, so people expect different games from me.
  • You are doing what everyone else does, try to switch it up, I know this can be a challenge but if you add your own flair into it you can get away with doing what everyone else does because people will watch for your personality....
  • You have alot of down time in your videos, which means you don't have stuff that is exciting, and your personality isn't the most outgoing, so if you cant be more entertaining with your personality then have the gameplay be entertaining, this doesn't mean act like a moron.
  • Your videos are kind of long, anything over 10 mins is pushing it, I'd recommend cutting them down to 8 mins, you can do this by cutting out the down time, using the most entertaining highlights etc.... Most of my videos tend to be between 2-5 mins
  • Also put more effort into your thumbnails, I'm not saying you dont now im just saying right now they're bland and boring, I do like the titles of the last 3 videos keep that format, they are catchy and direct to the point
  • Your logo and channel art aren't the most appealing infact they don't look good at all, either work at it with tutorials, hire someone or something else but I feel they need to be improved.. .
I hope this helps you, I'm not saying this to be mean, but to help you improve... Holding your hand telling you that its cool or good when ultimately its not isn't going to help you... Feel free to give me feedback on my channel, tell me what you like and dislike...

Also before I go here is one of my thumbnails(It took me time to get to this style):

Also here is my production process how much effort and time I put into my videos..

Can you analyze my channel and see what I could do better??

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
Can you analyze my channel and see what I could do better??

Sure, my tips:

• Drop your intro or come up with something more about your channel, you play games that intro does not tell me that.(I personally dont like intros)
  • You play two types of games of a different genre, good I like that, however your minecraft videos are lacking you don't seem to be having fun, you don't seem to actually enjoy that game, as for the CS:GO when you play it you're competitive so you give off that vibe which is good. Now give off a fun vibe for minecraft.
  • You dont upload consistently at all, I dont know when you plan to post a video, honestly i was the same when i first started this I had a job and I just couldn't upload as often, eventually I had to make my life about YouTube and work, i had no free time for anything else I had played and reviewed many games so this was very time consuming, however you play 2 games so this should be much easier.. Try something like Minecraft Monday's and CS:GO Thursdays this way you have a few days in between each game to produce a video.
  • Your channel banner is very nice I like it, however your channel icon looks too much like matimi0's to me
This is Matimi0's Icon/Logo

Here is a quick logo i made for you to give you an idea on how to maybe change it.

• As for your thumbs I dont like your CS:GO Thumbs but I love this style of your minecraft thumbs:

keep this style​
  • As for your titles you don't have to put Counter Strike: Global Offensive, just put CS:GO this way the rest of your title can been seen, the two most important things that influence people when deciding whether or not to watch a video is the title and thumb. So think of something that is click bait-ish but short enough to be seen at first glace, so under 60 characters i believe, dont mislead or lie.
  • Last but not least, STOP DOING SUB FOR SUB, this doesn't get you views or faithful subscribers, they only sub to your channel so you sub to theirs, they have no interest in watching your videos....

Other than that I think you'll be fine, hope that helps...

MomBooShuGaming

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
YouTube
Sure, my tips:

• Drop your intro or come up with something more about your channel, you play games that intro does not tell me that.(I personally dont like intros)
  • You play two types of games of a different genre, good I like that, however your minecraft videos are lacking you don't seem to be having fun, you don't seem to actually enjoy that game, as for the CS:GO when you play it you're competitive so you give off that vibe which is good. Now give off a fun vibe for minecraft.
  • You dont upload consistently at all, I dont know when you plan to post a video, honestly i was the same when i first started this I had a job and I just couldn't upload as often, eventually I had to make my life about YouTube and work, i had no free time for anything else I had played and reviewed many games so this was very time consuming, however you play 2 games so this should be much easier.. Try something like Minecraft Monday's and CS:GO Thursdays this way you have a few days in between each game to produce a video.
  • Your channel banner is very nice I like it, however your channel icon looks too much like matimi0's to me

Here is a quick logo i made for you to give you an idea on how to maybe change it.

• As for your thumbs I dont like your CS:GO Thumbs but I love this style of your minecraft thumbs:

keep this style​
  • As for your titles you don't have to put Counter Strike: Global Offensive, just put CS:GO this way the rest of your title can been seen, the two most important things that influence people when deciding whether or not to watch a video is the title and thumb. So think of something that is click bait-ish but short enough to be seen at first glace, so under 60 characters i believe, dont mislead or lie.
  • Last but not least, STOP DOING SUB FOR SUB, this doesn't get you views or faithful subscribers, they only sub to your channel so you sub to theirs, they have no interest in watching your videos....
Here's the problem, I don't enjoy mine craft as much as I used too. Minecraft doesn't give me that adrenaline rush when I'm in a clutch situation
And my upload time was kinda messed up because I have school and these days don't seem to be as Intenst as last couple months
And about the thumbnails I just brainlessly forgot how to make them so I'm trying to get some one to help me make a template so I can artlessly just change the text for the games. If you know anyone plz send them my email or something
[email protected]

MomBooShuGaming

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
YouTube
Sure, my tips:

keep this style​
And also I'm might be getting into call of duty black ops 3 soon so at least I'll have one more game

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
And about the thumbnails I just brainlessly forgot how to make them so I'm trying to get some one to help me make a template so I can artlessly just change the text for the games. If you know anyone plz send them my email or something
Well maybe I can help with that what are you looking for in a thumbnail?

And also I'm might be getting into call of duty black ops 3 soon so at least I'll have one more game

thats good another game..

FlexxStunter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
W
My tips:

wow man, you just helped me out! Thanks alot
All youre saying is 10/10 good fact i bet u got A+ in everything lol
Thanks