Complaints The bug that will kill freedom overtime, a message from a subnetwork

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
Most partners won't notice this bug. But every sub-network is realy fed up with this problem. At the moment every partner who wants to partner with a subnetwork will be automaticly partnerd with freedom. This means that all subnetworks can't get any partners at the moment.

I don't complain normaly, because freedom had bugs before, but they fixed it in a reasonable amount of time. But this bug is active for more than TWO MONTHS, that's just insane. Freedom should realy step their game up and fix this problem. This will kill networks overtime and it will kill freedom with it. Subnetworks make personal contact with partners, helps them grow and promote freedom. Freedom would not be so big without subnetworks. Freedom should REALY hurry up, because I lost aproximatly 50 partners because of this. And there is now way to track down these partners. So we are basicly the ones who suffer from this. BUT we didn't broke the dashboard.

The contract ,that every subnetwork signed, tells us that we should get 50% from the remaining revenue. But that is not possible at the moment. If we are violating this contract, we will be terminated. Well Freedom, you are violating your own terms. Maybe, just maybe a compensations would be a good idea

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hi TFCgames,

I was not aware of this issue personally but I can chase it up.One thing we need to narrow down the issue is a good bug report though. Our internal bug report form I don't mind sharing it looks like this :-

Code:
Product
Dashboard
Beat
Etc
Etc

Bug Description
A concise description of what the problem is.  Pure description, no narrative or conversational language.

Severity
Trivial, Minor, Major, or Catastrophic

Steps to Reproduce
Step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug.
Do not assume anything, the more detailed your list of instructions, the easier it is for the developer to track down the problem!

Actual Behavior
Type what happens when you follow the instructions.  This is the manifestation of the bug.

Expected Behavior
Type what you expected to happen when you followed the instructions.  This is important, because you may have misunderstood something or missed a step, and knowing what you expected to see will help the developer recognize that.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted
Describe anything you did to try to fix it on your own.

Workaround
If you found a way to make the program work in spite of the bug, describe how you did it here.

If your willing to work with me to get this filled out I can get it bumped up the que and chase it.(p.s. I am not asking you to fill it out unless you are comfortable with that but if you would like to work with me to fill it out so I can get the bug fixed that would be awesome :) )

Ive also just finished this Thread https://freedom.community.tm/threads/help-us-blast-bugs.156999/ which if you would like to help us get it fixed skimming over it would help us greatly :)

Cheers
Stefan

Last edited:

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Hi TFCgames,

I was not aware of this issue personally but I can chase it up.One thing we need to narrow down the issue is a good bug report though. Our internal bug report form I don't mind sharing it looks like this :-

Code:
Product
Dashboard
Beat
Etc
Etc

Bug Description
A concise description of what the problem is.  Pure description, no narrative or conversational language.

Severity
Trivial, Minor, Major, or Catastrophic

Steps to Reproduce
Step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug.
Do not assume anything, the more detailed your list of instructions, the easier it is for the developer to track down the problem!

Actual Behavior
Type what happens when you follow the instructions.  This is the manifestation of the bug.

Expected Behavior
Type what you expected to happen when you followed the instructions.  This is important, because you may have misunderstood something or missed a step, and knowing what you expected to see will help the developer recognize that.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted
Describe anything you did to try to fix it on your own.

Workaround
If you found a way to make the program work in spite of the bug, describe how you did it here.

If your willing to work with me to get this filled out I can get it bumped up the que and chase it.(p.s. I am not asking you to fill it out unless you are comfortable with that but if you would like to work with me to fill it out so I can get the bug fixed that would be awesome :) )

Ive also just finished this Thread https://freedom.community.tm/threads/help-us-blast-bugs.156999/ which if you would like to help us get it fixed skimming over it would help us greatly :)

Cheers
Stefan

As a sub-network owner myself I can confirm the bug exists and I will try to fill out the form to the best of my ability but keep in mind bug reports normally are not my expertise and this bug tends to jump off and on a bit as sometimes we do correctly get applicants but I find it rare.

As a network there is a lot of information I personally don't know about this... I'm going off what partners report only as I can't personally test it.

Product:
Dashboard

Bug Description:
Applicants coming through on a referral link from a partner of a sub-network or applying direct on a sub-network's landing page sometimes causes partners to go direct with Freedom. We have no way to track the applicants that come in and fail to be added to the right network so the only real way we can tell how many it happens to is by knowing it from people who reach out and speak of the problem to us. Personally I've received ~30 reports of the case.

Severity:
Catastrophic - This is EXTREMELY damaging for Networks powered by Freedom!

Steps to Reproduce:
People that reported the issue explained they have come through a partner's referral link or applied through the landing page.

Actual Behavior:
As a network I can't really say.. my assumption is that they go through the application process and the system just puts them in Freedom.

Expected Behavior:
Applicants should be added to the proper network upon application.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted:
N/A

Workaround:
N/A

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
That is awesome man ill get on it.One issue I am aware of is if the partner selects a different language on the application form some are not linked correctly and are accidentally sending them to Freedom! this is in que to be fixed asap.

Stef

Reactions: Kan

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
To be honnest the dashboard is full of bugs for months.

Just some problems for me this month:
- Some partners don't show up on the dashboard
- Some partners get partnerd with freedom instead off us
- Some partners do not recieve a CMS invite automaticly
- Some partners are automaticly unlinked

If I should make a bugreport for every single bug that happens in the dashboard I would be bussy for a long time. But most of these bugs are known by the developers, but why does it take so long to fix it?

Freedom is our ''technology partner'' but to be honnest the ''technology'' sucks. The only thing I ask for is a working dashboard. But Freedom can't deliver this at the moment.

I still have faith in Freedom, but this is just ment as a wake-up-call. This problem shouldn't be ''on the list" it should be the main priority. Without a working dashboard the subnetworks are nothing.

Reactions: 3Dreamers Network

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
The Dashboard is top priority at the moment all other projects have been paused and all resources put on there.When I say pushed to the top of the list what I am referring to is the original bug posted.The actual list is all dashboard fixes at the moment.

The biggest problem is the dashboard is a beast of a system and ill be honest we made mistakes with it when we were building that have made allot of things like squashing bug's and adding new features much harder and more complex than they need to be.

One of the priority's going forward after we have squashed the list of bug's is correcting those mistakes we made in the original build so we can react quicker,more efficiently and more effectively to bugs and feature requests.

The biggest thing we need at the moment to get this stuff fixed is good bug reports that are precise and this shouldn't be your guys job and I appreciate you trying to help us out. One of the things we will be doing going forward is trying to build out a bigger and better QA team to efficiently test things before release and to track bug reports like the above and work out ways to replicate them so our developers have an easier time of fixing the issues.

The issue is to hire those people means pulling our senior dev's off of the dashboard to go through the hiring process as its a lot more complex and involved to screen and hire a developer or QA tester than you might think, But before we can do that we need to have the dashboard in a state where it can be self sustained and maintained by a core group of developers for a few weeks with less interaction from our senior guys while we hire more Dev's, Dev managers, QA testers etcetc

There Is a lot of staff we will be hiring over the next 6 months to work with us locally in a hole host of positions not just dev but we need to get everything in a state where us senior guys can take that time to process applicants properly and make sure we get the best.

I hope you don't see this as me trying to make excuses because I am not we have made mistakes on the road but we are trying to fix those mistakes and expand our team ASAP so they don't occur again. I've been here 2 months now and in that time we have made sweeping changes to rectify some issues but we still have a lot of work to do and all I can do is apologize and ask for your patience.

If you have any questions feel free I will be as honest with you guys as possible (so long as it isn't dates your asking for that I am weary of)

Stef

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
Are there any updates? Because I get 1/8 of the partners that apply get actualy in our network. And this problem is around for almost a month. Sorry, but to be honnest that should be enough time to fix it. All the subnetworks togeter are losing thousends of dollars and freedom gets all are partners.

I heard some networks are leaving freedom and to be honnest I am thinking about this option too. I think Freedom will lose a lot of networks over the next month, if they don't fix the problem.

Are we getting compensated for this bug? Because we actualy lose money because of Freedoms bugs. Freedom basicly broke their own contract, so a compensation would normal.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Im going to be honest I thought we had fixed it Friday obviously not we have fixed 1 area but there must be another. Ill speak to the devs today and see what I can find out.

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
Okay, can you please give us an update if you know how long this will take, because I have a ton of partners waiting to apply. And they are realy annoyed by this bug.

Are we getting compensated for this bug? Because we actualy lose money because of Freedoms bugs. Freedom basicly broke their own contract, so a compensation would normal.
I understand you can't decide this, but maybe you could suggest this to Freedom. I know a lot of subnetworks are frustrated. And I think this would be something to keep them in Freedom.

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
Hey, today I helped a channel to partner with our network. I don't know if you are aware of this but I thought I could better share this. Maybe it helps.

When he pressed ''sign in'' he had to chose a youtube account, when he did this, the 404 error message apeared. When he went back one page to try it again, he could sign himself in. But in the top left corner, the logo changed from TFCnetwork to Freedom, so he was basicly partnering with freedom. I sad he had to go back to the landing page and press ''apply now'' again than he could succesfully chose a channel and sign up for TFCnetwork.

I am willing to make a bug report in your format if you want that.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hey, today I helped a channel to partner with our network. I don't know if you are aware of this but I thought I could better share this. Maybe it helps.

When he pressed ''sign in'' he had to chose a youtube account, when he did this, the 404 error message apeared. When he went back one page to try it again, he could sign himself in. But in the top left corner, the logo changed from TFCnetwork to Freedom, so he was basicly partnering with freedom. I sad he had to go back to the landing page and press ''apply now'' again than he could succesfully chose a channel and sign up for TFCnetwork.

I am willing to make a bug report in your format if you want that.

That is exactly the sort of info we need I will pass this on to the dev team and hopefully we will have a fix in the next couple of days. If its a 404 thing its random and wont happen to everyone this is probably why we couldn't repeat it our self's to find the cause.

I still need to have a sit down with George to discuss the other stuff in this topic I will try to get that done either today or tomorrow things are a bit hectic for me at the moment.

Stef

TFCgames

Freedom! Member
If its a 404 thing its random and wont happen to everyone this is probably why we couldn't repeat it our self's to find the cause.

I tryed it today, I let two partners sign in, and both of them had the 404 error. So I am or realy unlucky or it is happening very frequently. In this month I had 4 people sign up by them selves, normaly more than 30 people sign up every month. So I think this problem is more severe than you think.

Is their any news on the progress on the bug or a (possible) compensation?

Bugreport
(just in case you need it)

Product:
Dashboard

Bug Description:
Partners sign in with the appy now button on the landing page. When they chose a channel and accept that freedom can see their stats, a 404 error appears. When they go back, or reload the page, they will be send to the freedom apply page. The partners won't see the difference because the form is very simular. After they finished the application, they are partnerd with freedom.

Severity:
Catastrophic

Steps to Reproduce:
Just apply on the landingpage: https://www.freedom.tm/tfcnetwork and the 404 appears. When you refresh the page, you will automaticly go to the freedom application form.

Actual Behavior:
The partners are partnered with freedom instead of the subnetwork.

Expected Behavior:
The partners should be partnered with TFCnetwork if they use our landing page.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted:
I helped 5 partners and all 5 of them got this problem.

Workaround:
There is one way to work around this problem. I just let the partner apply as normal, but when the 404 error appears I let them press the ''apply now'' button again on the landing page. When the did that, they will be send to our own form and if they do everyting correctly the parter will be partnerd with our network.[DOUBLEPOST=1443467434][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is exactly the sort of info we need I will pass this on to the dev team and hopefully we will have a fix in the next couple of days. If its a 404 thing its random and wont happen to everyone this is probably why we couldn't repeat it our self's to find the cause.

I still need to have a sit down with George to discuss the other stuff in this topic I will try to get that done either today or tomorrow things are a bit hectic for me at the moment.

Stef
Are there any updates?

Last edited: