YouTube The Real Deal About The YouTube Partnership!

PrettyKoolCat

Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2016
YouTube
PrettyKoolCat
This is from a creator I met on Twitter who explains it SO WELL!

"For anyone still thinking we’re upset about #YouTubePartnerProgram because of the money; here is the real reason why small creators are taking the hit and rightfully upset:

We don’t care about making money. However, loads of us have a passion for creating, and what comes with that is having the videos we create seen by people who enjoy our content. YouTube is repeatedly making it harder for smaller creators to get noticed.

If you think that the only result of this will be them taking away our “earnings”, then that is quite naïve. Videos without ads are less likely to get picked up/boosted by the algorithm. I don’t care if YouTube says otherwise, because they are trying to make money.

The only way that would not be the case is if YouTube is going to still display ads on our videos anyway, which would imply they’re taking all of our money rather than most of it. Obviously their priority is to boost content with ads, as that’s how they make money.

And with YouTube prioritising the content that makes them money, they are pushing the smaller creators into the ground. It’s demoralising and disheartening for the entire small-YouTube community, and so that’s why we’re upset. Not the loss of our $3 a year in adsense."

Reactions: Jobless Music

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
I think its dumb because what if you have 500 subs and video goes viral you wont get paid lol

Jobless Music

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2015
New York
YouTube
JoblessMusic
This is from a creator I met on Twitter who explains it SO WELL!

"For anyone still thinking we’re upset about #YouTubePartnerProgram because of the money; here is the real reason why small creators are taking the hit and rightfully upset:

We don’t care about making money. However, loads of us have a passion for creating, and what comes with that is having the videos we create seen by people who enjoy our content. YouTube is repeatedly making it harder for smaller creators to get noticed.

If you think that the only result of this will be them taking away our “earnings”, then that is quite naïve. Videos without ads are less likely to get picked up/boosted by the algorithm. I don’t care if YouTube says otherwise, because they are trying to make money.

The only way that would not be the case is if YouTube is going to still display ads on our videos anyway, which would imply they’re taking all of our money rather than most of it. Obviously their priority is to boost content with ads, as that’s how they make money.

And with YouTube prioritising the content that makes them money, they are pushing the smaller creators into the ground. It’s demoralising and disheartening for the entire small-YouTube community, and so that’s why we’re upset. Not the loss of our $3 a year in adsense."
You're undoubtedly right. I really wish this wouldn't have to be, but sadly it is. I really wish YouTube would have some sort of sympathy for us.

Reactions: PrettyKoolCat