Thoughts on shoutouts!

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
I have been looking for collaboratons in the collab section recently and I have seen some shoutout posts, now there is nothing wrong with that. But these people like many other youtubers want to only give shoutouts to people who sub to them and stay active! I have seen this problem even like 2 years ago and because of these posts I got reminded of the problems with these series! Bigger youtubers who want to do shoutouts should in my opinion just give shoutouts to channels they really like and think are under appreciated and not gain anything from it themselves, shoutouts are meant to help smaller channels not your own! I just wanted to bring this to light and voice my opinion on the matter. If I get bigger on youtube some someday I will make series that only requires you to have good content on your channel and not to subscribe!
What are your thoughts on shoutouts?

Reactions: PGO Maddog (Thomas)

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I definitely agree. If you're going to give a shout out, don't do it for the subs. If you have to spam that you're doing a shout out series, and that you need to sub in order to get a shout, you've done it wrong. If the person has genuinely good content that your subs would like, then by all means, go for it. All you'll get if you do random shout outs are more dead subs.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I've done several shout-outs...
The best things to look for are best moments
to show there true colors...
But that sorta goes with collab...
Its good intention that don't always end well...
I think the biggest thing about shout outs anymore is that they're almost becoming the new sub 4 sub. Nobody wants to do it unless they gain something from it themselves, and in the end, it just hurts you more than helps

themodof1

Sage Of Insanity
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2015
Florida
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I think the biggest thing about shout outs anymore is that they're almost becoming the new sub 4 sub. Nobody wants to do it unless they gain something from it themselves, and in the end, it just hurts you more than helps
I think its sad really...Somebody show respect for there work and then its just "Alright...I'm going to get subs!"
And then they don't show any respect for it...

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Well I mean there's nothing we can really do because they're growing bigger and bigger but I won't lie, i've participated in a few shoutouts but after I check out the person's channel when they tell me to stay active, they don't have many viewers watching their videos so they're just gaining an audience and giving nothing to the people they want to shout out, another thing i've seen is some people shouting out at least 10+ people in one video, they should shout out enough people to compensate the size because 30 viewers aren't all going to go to every single channel shouted out if it's a large amount.

PGO Maddog (Thomas)

Freedom! Member
I have been looking for collaboratons in the collab section recently and I have seen some shoutout posts, now there is nothing wrong with that. But these people like many other youtubers want to only give shoutouts to people who sub to them and stay active! I have seen this problem even like 2 years ago and because of these posts I got reminded of the problems with these series! Bigger youtubers who want to do shoutouts should in my opinion just give shoutouts to channels they really like and think are under appreciated and not gain anything from it themselves, shoutouts are meant to help smaller channels not your own! I just wanted to bring this to light and voice my opinion on the matter. If I get bigger on youtube some someday I will make series that only requires you to have good content on your channel and not to subscribe!
What are your thoughts on shoutouts?
I started that series here to help smaller channels like me. I didn't ask for a sub or anything. I have done 25 shout outs so far and have more to make. I stopped it for now due to all the request.

woofee

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
YouTube
loving how you are voicing your opinions i think your right most of the time i see this happening when bigger yourtubers are luring small channels to thier site promising them to increase their channel if they sub and they will have ah chance and their racking up 10 or maybe more subs just by doing this and its happening more and more im small i know this but plz dont promise me wishes when your not doing this wit heart felt promises

Reactions: PGO Maddog (Thomas)

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
loving how you are voicing your opinions i think your right most of the time i see this happening when bigger yourtubers are luring small channels to thier site promising them to increase their channel if they sub and they will have ah chance and their racking up 10 or maybe more subs just by doing this and its happening more and more im small i know this but plz dont promise me wishes when your not doing this wit heart felt promises
Well I am going to do shoutouts for the community IF I ever get to like 200 subs because I know how hard it is to get subs when you are just starting and I would like to give people the chance to grow faster when they deserve it! And NOT ask anything in return

woofee

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
YouTube
Well I am going to do shoutouts for the community IF I ever get to like 200 subs because I know how hard it is to get subs when you are just starting and I would like to give people the chance to grow faster when they deserve it! And NOT ask anything in return
we can do this form ah group and do this i wont mind helping but 200 subs is ah far way to go for me so dont forget this we'll do this i hope

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
we can do this form ah group and do this i wont mind helping but 200 subs is ah far way to go for me so dont forget this we'll do this i hope
You need to have a solid fanbase to be able to even help smaller youtubers which is indeed far away!

JamesB23

Rising User
Apr 23, 2016
YouTube
I really am against sub 4 subs and shout out for shout outs. You can't grow a fan base that way, all you will get if you go that route is a bunch of people that are subscribed to you that are just thirsty for more subs. I would rather have 3 subs who really like and watch my content than 30 subs that just subscribed to me because I subscribed to them or gave them a shout out.
But shout outs can be very good as well. Say you do funny COD videos, and you find someone with that also does funny COD videos that are similar to your format, sense of humor ect. And you know that your fan base small or big will like them, give them a shout out. Just my opinion! lol