Tips & Tricks Tips for Videos with facecam

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hello Freedom! i need some tips in working with a facecam.
I wanna start next month some new projects and playlists etc (example Horrorgames etc) but i worked never before with facecams.

What do you think? Where are the cons and the pros of facecams and are they useful?
And can you give me some tips that it look professional?

I hope you can help me, thank you! :)

Shadlynx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2016
Use the TriDef SmartCam. If not possible, add a green screen in the background. I'd recommend editing it with HitFilm Express (Free)

MANELENOIROMANIA

Rising User
Jan 31, 2017
When you edit your video try to stunt some moments on your face ( only when you have a scary face or dumb face it will be funny and you will get more viewers)

Reactions: Der Sky

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
maximize impact by looking the camera in the eye (lense) as much as possible. Also only do it if you plan on adding to the experience with the cam. What ever you do don't be that guy that never looks into the cam.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
As already said, look into the camera as much as you can. As of greenscreens, that really depends on what you do and personal preferences. Some people like greenscreen keying more and others like just having a blank white wall behind them. Personally I prefer a blank background over a badly done greenscreen effect (stains in the greenscreen etc.), though a Greenscreen effect does get you editing possibilities.

TheMLGenies

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2016
YouTube
TheMLGenies
Even if your cam isn't that good you can use some color correction tools on your editing software to make it look a little better. Also I prefer to put a small box around the cam itself to separate the facecam from the gameplay, but that's just a personal preference.