OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
This is outrageous! As of May 23rd, TubeBuddy will be downgraded to starter level (free version) from the star level for Freedom! partners because Freedom! has decided not to renew the license. I use it a lot and I will not have 1.4K subs without the SEO help it provides! This goes against how "Freedom! helps you grow" completely and it feels like a stab in the back as it is the only professional and easy-to-use SEO tool they provide for free. George, what do you have to say for yourself?

Last edited:

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
what does tubebuddy do? heard it helps you grow but how
The tools in TubeBuddy I use a lot are the ones that help with tags and search rankings. It fetches suitable tags for your videos and rates them on how much traffic that tag search gets and how competitive it is. It makes it so much easier to use the right tags to boost you up search rankings, where you will ultimately get most of your views from. This is a big part of SEO.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
When did freedom originally get the license anyway? I wonder if they had the license before Kan left Freedom because he does tip videos on the tubebuddy youtube channel.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
TubeBuddy is one of the reasons I decided to find another network after I left my old network, I love it so much! Probably the tool I use the most, I may have to find another network that offers TubeBuddy.

Reactions: OnlyUltimate

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
From what I've seen, Tubebuddy is just a put-together of various public statistics. Google Trends, AdWords, and Translate, to name the biggest features I ever used.
I will not be seeking a paid license by these guys unless I can pirate it.

Zexus

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I am trying to get George to address this. Maybe there is an explanation to all this, maybe there isn't. The only thing we can do is hope we get an answer

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Not enough partners were using the additional features that the premium TubeBuddy offered. You can still use TubeBuddy just not the Star version.

I've been using TubeBuddy for quite a while now also, will have to see if there were any of the features that I used have gone. Hopefully Heartbeat will be able to take over the premium features offered, if there were any of them that you think should be added, I'd suggest make a list and if enough people want them they could be added to Heartbeat.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Not enough partners were using the additional features that the premium TubeBuddy offered. You can still use TubeBuddy just not the Star version.

I've been using TubeBuddy for quite a while now also, will have to see if there were any of the features that I used have gone. Hopefully Heartbeat will be able to take over the premium features offered, if there were any of them that you think should be added, I'd suggest make a list and if enough people want them they could be added to Heartbeat.

I don't think it's a very good reason to take away such a feature. I mean what are they going to do, just stop providing the features they promise every time not enough people use said features? Is that what partners are giving their 40% for? Features that never last?

I think if they are going to provide a feature they should always provide that feature regardless of how many use it. Other wise don't provide it at all.

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
This is outrageous! As of May 23rd, TubeBuddy will be downgraded to starter level (free version) from the star level for Freedom! partners because Freedom! has decided not to renew the license. I use it a lot and I will not have 1.4K subs without the SEO help it provides! This goes against how "Freedom! helps you grow" completely and it feels like a stab in the back as it is the only professional and easy-to-use SEO tool they provide for free. George, what do you have to say for yourself?
What ??? I didin't even get to use it :(

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
The thing is, even though TubeBuddy is easy to use, you still need to know how SEO works to properly use it. Not much people are using it because not much are good with SEO.

That is not really the case. It is designed for those that do not know how to manually apply good SEO to their videos and so it is marketed as such.

I no longer use it myself as it is just as easy to do it manually as it is with the tool, the only thing I used was to check search rankings but there are many tools out there that let you do that anyway.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
That is not really the case. It is designed for those that do not know how to manually apply good SEO to their videos and so it is marketed as such.

I no longer use it myself as it is just as easy to do it manually as it is with the tool, the only thing I used was to check search rankings but there are many tools out there that let you do that anyway.
Why would someone want to use TubeBuddy? Because they want to implement SEO easier and quicker for their videos. They still need to know SEO inside out before they can use a tool that doesn't explain it in the first place, otherwise it would be useless using it in my opinion.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube

Doing it manually isn't all that much harder, but it certainly takes a great deal longer. TubeBuddy is a great tool and it comes with many great features as well if you learn how to use them. So .. it's not like it's just for SEO.