Video Editing Software

Gamer Haven

Rising User
Sep 16, 2015
YouTube
Right now I use Windows Movie Maker which is a very low quality software and doesn't have the ability to have separate audio tracks from video tracks. I've seen Sony Vegas but is there other cheap alternatives? Any input is helpful.

PN4HD

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2015
ShockPrints.weebly.com
YouTube
Right now I use Windows Movie Maker which is a very low quality software and doesn't have the ability to have separate audio tracks from video tracks. I've seen Sony Vegas but is there other cheap alternatives? Any input is helpful.
I use Adobe Premiere Pro, a good free one is iMovie (Mac) or an alternative (Free) to Adobe Prm is hit film 3

Gamedestroyers

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2015
YouTube
I would agree with rmenga4. I have used vegas and movie studio in the past but after updating to windows 10 I had some sever problems with the software. After a little searching I came accross Cyberlink PowerDirector 14. I grabbed the demo and tried it out and was really impressed. It is easy to use but very powerful and the rendering of videos wow. An example of this. Vegas would take up to two hours to render out a 720p video of about 25 minutes length. The same video being uprendered to 1080p in PowerDirector takes me about 10 minutes now. The software is awesome.

Reactions: rmenga4

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
I too use Sony Vegas and have recently started using PowerDirector 14 and am very impressed with it, especially the render times.
I have also tried Light Works which I thought was ok but found would not edit clips which had different frame rates.

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
I've never used Vegas but I hear great things about it. Personally I started out using Windows Movie Maker until I grew out of it. Now I use Adobe Premier Pro and the rest of the Adobe software suite.

mattepow

Rising User
Mar 19, 2016
Italy
YouTube
I think the best software for Windows is Sony vegas. But If You have a Mac (and if You can afford the software) use Final Cut Pro. I use it for years and it's great for all-purpose.

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
I use VideoPad Video Editor, it's free, uses very low CPU and RAM and it's better than Sony Vegas. If you are on a budget just get VideoPad. I use it all the time for my videos and my videos turn out perfect :)
Features:
-Low CPU Usage
-Uses little RAM
-Multi-track editing
-FREE