Webcam. Why or Why Not?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I'm just curious to learn why some of you guys use a webcam and why others don't!
List yo' reasons! :)

Mine:
I use webcam because I feel like it makes me more human to my viewers. They're able to see my expression and how concentrated I am on the game while playing. I feel like having a webcam makes it more personable to my viewers.

Reactions: FreakShack
We actually don't have one yet because the one on my MSI won't show up in the Elgato software, but we want to use one for those same reasons. We want to have more of a personal connection with the viewers and show that we are more than just a voice over the game, we are people.

Although...it might be a little strange to see the Grateful Dead tapestry and drum set in the background.

Reactions: Enmoshin

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'm just curious to learn why some of you guys use a webcam and why others don't!

Mine:
I use webcam because I feel like it makes me more human to my viewers. They're able to see my expression and how concentrated I am on the game while playing. I feel like having a webcam makes it more personable to my viewers.
I feel like my voice sounds better when people can see my reaction. Typically, I'd use my webcam for every video, but it depends on the subject matter. It definitely makes the viewing experience more personable. I'm always weary that my webcam placement is too big, small, or at the wrong area :eek:

Reactions: Enmoshin

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
We actually don't have one yet because the one on my MSI won't show up in the Elgato software, but we want to use one for those same reasons. We want to have more of a personal connection with the viewers and show that we are more than just a voice over the game, we are people.

Although...it might be a little strange to see the Grateful Dead tapestry and drum set in the background.
Psh, I'm sure there have been stranger things, plus! it would give your viewers something to comment on. :)

Reactions: FreakShack

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I feel like my voice sounds better when people can see my reaction. Typically, I'd use my webcam for every video, but it depends on the subject matter. It definitely makes the viewing experience more personable. I'm always weary that my webcam placement is too big, small, or at the wrong area :eek:
I agree with you on the placement. In some of my Tomb Raider LPs, they were too big, too small, or just absent ('cause I was being a doofus). And I've definitely have it placed where it was blocking important areas, but sometimes going into games where you've never seen a footage of or have no idea what's going to be on the HUD, it's hard to be aware of placement. And then you forget about it. >_<

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I agree with you on the placement. In some of my Tomb Raider LPs, they were too big, too small, or just absent ('cause I was being a doofus). And I've definitely have it placed where it was blocking important areas, but sometimes going into games where you've never seen a footage of or have no idea what's going to be on the HUD, it's hard to be aware of placement. And then you forget about it. >_<
Hah, especially with some games, you need to get extra creative where you place them. In Hearthstone, you rarely have that many options to work with. I cab imagine some people getting piffed if they can't see your life bar :p I bet a lot of people have it somewhere naturally, and they end up missing a part of the game due to their visible webcam :eek:

Reactions: MissDerps

ThisIsIsaac

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
I feel webcams are good for horror games or try not to laugh challenges, but other times it just takes away from the gameplay and distracts your audience.

Reactions: MissDerps

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I don't use one bc I don't like my face :T

and also bc I have a USB mic and drawing tablet and mouse and keyboard all plugged into the same usb.... if I plug my camera in it doesn't work because it doesn't get enough power :'D GG
So one way or another I have to get more equipment and spend more money to be able to use my webcam ;-; lel
You have 4 things plugged into 1 usb like with a usb hub?
I just unplug my tablet when I'm not using it haha otherwise I don't have enough plugs. >_<

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube

Mine:
I maybe consider the webcam when I do something else with the time. Right now I don´t because I think that would convert a "Gameplay" to "Let´s Play".

You have 4 things plugged into 1 usb like with a usb hub?
I just unplug my tablet when I'm not using it haha otherwise I don't have enough plugs. >_<
Most of the time unplugging mine would probably work too, but I'm planning on doing mostly drawing streams so even if it did get enough power I'd have to decide between one or the other haha :'D