What am i doing wrong?

Smores on ice

New User
Mar 24, 2016
Ive been doing youtube for about 6 months and made 75+ videos, i spend 4-8 hours editing them. I have a very high quality standard and i try my best to make it as funny as possible but im just not getting the views needed to get more subscibers. I bet if i got my videos out there more and more people saw them im sure i would have more subscribers (not to sound cocky) I love making my videos but i work to so hard on them for them to not get any grwoth its kinda disheartning.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I would consider checking out the community review sections, to see what other people come up with. You can't post there now until you get your badge. A lot of people feel the same way. Unlucky for us, we can't decide our own fate with youtube in general. Learning about search engine optimization is crucial to succeeding, same with collaborating with others. I understand your perspective though, we want to get noticed for our efforts. Try working with some additional freedom members, search around for additional tips to advertise, and always continue to grow!

https://freedom.community.tm/forums/community-reviews.384/

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14KykUcnpLXEVry7ZBnCJ6OslnBjxG8P2uLigj95T6I8/viewform

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
So first, It's a marathon not a race. I've been doing this 8 years.. It's not insta-success ;) Secondly, Whats your channel? Am I missing it somewhere? Happy to give some tips and yea, as Matt said.. You can go to the review section to!

Dennis Gromov

Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2016
YouTube
Just posting high-quality videos will get you nowhere. There are so many important things to consider! Think about this for a second: How do people find your videos? A common answer is the title. Welp, if you search a title of your video chance is you will find more popular YouTubers up there. So, how can you get your video to show? The most important things that people do not realize: Tags. Tags are how people will find your video's!
Here is a video to show the best way to use tags:

Here is a video I made a few years ago which got only 10 views, but once I added tags (A few months ago) look how much it grew:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Ive been doing youtube for about 6 months and made 75+ videos, i spend 4-8 hours editing them. I have a very high quality standard and i try my best to make it as funny as possible but im just not getting the views needed to get more subscibers. I bet if i got my videos out there more and more people saw them im sure i would have more subscribers (not to sound cocky) I love making my videos but i work to so hard on them for them to not get any grwoth its kinda disheartning.
Growing on youtube can be a tough job. I have been out there for almost 3 years now and get alot of positive feedback about my video's even though i don't do commentary (Yet) and some video's gain 500 to even 3K+. Some gain less then 100 or even below 50. Growing is difficult but by staying motivated and expanding your network, socialize you expand your audience.

Hammond_Piers

Rising User
Mar 22, 2016
YouTube
Like the others have said, It's an unpredictable medium. It's not a case of what you're doing wrong, it's probably not even a case of you not doing enough. If i've learnt anything from all my previous channel attempts, its that youtube isn't easy, and , more often than not, you wont succeed.

If you enjoy making content, keep making it and forget about the subscribers. With any luck, one day someone will find your channel and promote it on reddit or on a bigger channel (e.g Lt.Corbis) and you'll make it big.

I guess in summary: Do what you love, and the rewards will come in time.