What was your biggest disappointment in a game?

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
So I wanna know peoples biggest gaming disappointments, why they were disappointed and if they eventually found a way around it.

My disappointment was ARK: survival evolved... or whatever the title was..
My reason?: It looked fun, fast paced and action packed to begin with after watchign all of the trailers following it on steam and then eventually watching gameplay of it.
After a while I decided to get the game and it all went downhill.
For starters I had to reboot my pc and install all my drivers again.. twice! Due to this I launched it one last time to find out that it blackscreened. Turns out my graphics card was the problem so I returned it and bought a new one.
£149 and an nvidia gtx 750 ti later I got the game running. I was getting stable 30 fps for about 5 minutes then it crashed.
All my other games worked without fail perfectly fine so I decided to return the game for a refund and never bothered again.

So yeah, that was the reason mien was disappointing.

So whats yours?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I played a game a while ago that I thought looked really awesome, with pretty environments, and cute characters. But the gameplay was a complete letdown. This is my review of "Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)" on Steam:

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS.

The art design, and story are amazing, and the characters are just adorable, especially Foxy, which is what I named the fox in my videos. The environments look fantastic. These thing really made me want to like the game.

But the game is awfully buggy, and kinda ruined a lot of moments for me. As I got closer to the end, I felt like I was doing a chore. I was just finishing the game for the sake of reaching the end. The bugs were so frustrating, I eventually started fuming, literally. When I want to jump onto a platform, I glitch my way too far and fall to my death. When I want to jump to a ladder, I don't grab on, and I fall to a spot farther back. There are also a few moments where the controls wouldn't respond like I want them to. And the game doesn't have very good AI, so a character sometimes won't jump to another platform unless you take control.

Another problem is a lot of the moments where you have to switch back and forth between you and Foxy. At the end of the game, it was so frustrating how fast I had to get away from danger, while constantly having to switch between characters, and trying to do several things at once. It sometimes caused me to die from either falling or the danger catching up with me. That kind of thing gave me the idea that this game was probably MEANT to be played by two people.

But a lot of the more anger-inducing moments started when Foxy changed to his second form. He moves like a frigging sloth, and speeding him up doesn't make moving around any easier. But this is where the real problems of having to switch characters begin.

I really want to recommend it, I really do. It looks fantastic, the story is great, the characters are great, but the gameplay is what stands between me and a good time. So I'm afraid I can't. Unless the bugs can be fixed, you can just avoid this game... unless you think you can look past all the bugs and glitches, then kudos to you. I sincerely hope you have fun.

Also I really don't like Foxy's second form. But what's done is done, so whatever.

Reactions: russd3x

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
I played a game a while ago that I thought looked really awesome, with pretty environments, and cute characters. But the gameplay was a complete letdown. This is my review of "Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)" on Steam

Ah glad to know. This has been in my wishlist for god knows how long and I was debating to buy it in the next big sale. Might still have to depending on how cheap it is. But thanks for that info xD

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Far Cry 4 kinda dissapointed me. When i saw the trailer it looked so amazing and bought it but after playing a while it felt like i was playing Far Cry 3 and all i did was accept quist at point A and go to point B and so on. I had fun for the time being but it felt repetitive.
It explains the sudden drop in price. I'm lucky i got far cry 3 gifted to me, and I agree it really is repetitive. Hard, but repetitive. XD That reminds me i'm like 90% complete and need to finish it xD

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It explains the sudden drop in price. I'm lucky i got far cry 3 gifted to me, and I agree it really is repetitive. Hard, but repetitive. XD That reminds me i'm like 90% complete and need to finish it xD
I have gotten Far Cry 4 on Platina and enjoyed most parts but it is indeed too much of the same....

FlareWolf

Well-Known User
Jun 11, 2014
YouTube
For me it was Watchmen The End Is Nigh. I was interested in the game because it looked impressive for that time, but the gameplay was repetitive and generic...the graphics still hold up tho...

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Tough break with ARK... that game requires a hefty system to run well... it doesn't even run very well on my computer, which I built this year... and runs fallout 4 and gta 5 with no problems with ultra settings...

Crimsonient

Rising User
Oct 17, 2015
YouTube
For me, it was Deponia and Goat Sim. Deponia because it looks so pretty and has a ton of potential, but the fun was sucked out of it because most of it isn't intuitive and I had to use a guide for most of it. I even unlocked all of the achievements just to give it every chance to get good, but it never did. The story was lame too. For Goat Simulator, I think it had just been built up so much and when I finally got it I didn't like it so much. I have more fun watching others play it than actually playing it myself.

sodaholiczir

Rising User
Nov 14, 2015
YouTube
Elder Scrolls Online, everything looked fun in the beginning but then the quests were boring and the game was grindy. The graphics were also pretty bad imo

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
This year at least my biggest disappoint has to be what EA has done with Star Wars Battlefront. I was really looking forward to a very large combined arms combat style, and they couldn't even do that. Now the rest of the game is coming out in Season Pass DLC. Sad what gaming is becoming these days

Demnex

D3MN3X
Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2014
YouTube
Oh man.... BRINK was my dissapointment..

Was HYPED UP soooo much and in the end it just was another fps game :/

Todger182

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Got to be honest, for me mad max. It was an awesome game. Just that final mission of the storyline. "Yea everyone dies, but look they are all back alive again".... Really...

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
While still being a good game, Need For Speed 2015 could've been perfected and with better physics, but it wasn't quite there.

ATCK21

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
YouTube
andre_wakefield
The Order: 1886. To be honest I didn't have much expectations anyway but I was still disappointed lol. Oh well at least it made for a pretty good YouTube video.

Another one was Forza 6 although I wouldn't really call it disappointment. Excellent game but for some reason I played it for 4-5 days and haven't touched it since.

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Spore. They hyped that damn game up. Showing off so many new features and amazing gameplay from it, which in the end they cut completely to make 5 really basic evolution levels and a really boring universe exploration. God I wanted that game to be good and they blew it up! Damn them! Damn them all to helllll!

Reactions: Demnex

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
I may be jumping the gun on this one, mainly because the game is still in Alpha stages (but its been here for over 2 years now); I'm quite disappointed with Day Z. What I thought was a cool premise 2 years ago has already been done, and even done better by other survival horror titles at this point, and the whole post apocalyptic zombie situation is getting old to me. By the time Day Z is finally released I think the whole Zombie phase will be over and done with, unless they really add some remarkable content to make the game fresh and exciting.

Plus the game just feels clunky and seems to be poorly optimized despite its lack luster graphics. I was hoping for vast improvements in Day Z when I first purchased it, but now 2 years later, it still seems like it has a long road ahead of it. I'd much rather play The Forest instead.

Reactions: Ross L Designs