Tips & Tricks Which language should I use

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Hi there, I'm still working on a good channel about Ireland. I also want to create a "migaration guide" as I say that many migrants haven't a clue how much a country could differ from their home country. There seems to be an open niche.

I'm pretty confident in spoken English. However, I have learned the language mostly here in Ireland and am afraid that I could alienate people by using the Irish slang.

Also collaborations, advertisements, sponsoring and target audience would be quite different by picking German or Italian over English.

What do you reckon? Which language should be the focus on a channel which main audience would be foreigners and tourists?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi there, I'm still working on a good channel about Ireland. I also want to create a "migaration guide" as I say that many migrants haven't a clue how much a country could differ from their home country. There seems to be an open niche.

I'm pretty confident in spoken English. However, I have learned the language mostly here in Ireland and am afraid that I could alienate people by using the Irish slang.

Also collaborations, advertisements, sponsoring and target audience would be quite different by picking German or Italian over English.

What do you reckon? Which language should be the focus on a channel which main audience would be foreigners and tourists?
Maybe have multiple versions for your channel, to test the waters? I'm not too adverse on multi-language channels. Consider looking on youtube for other people out there that have specific content like the ones you're trying to make. Compare on what you feel best will work for you ^^

The Zone_

Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2014
I think it depends on how good the population is at English. For example, most of us in Sweden are pretty damn good at English, and we'd be able to understand a video in English quite easily.

Then there are probably other countries, where the population isn't as good at English, and they'd probably prefer videos in their own language.

Find out who you're looking to appeal to.