which one do you think is better for live streaming?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
What about youtube? That what I use.

Twitch if you're money hungry.
Hitbox if you can't get a twitch partnership.
Youtube if you care about the viewer experience.

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
What about youtube? That what I use.

Twitch if you're money hungry.
Hitbox if you can't get a twitch partnership.
Youtube if you care about the viewer experience.
I have to say, I don't agree fully with the money hungry, but it is better at allowing individuals to find you and spend money on you. It is also know well for allowing a connection between it's self and youtube, producing you double the broadcasting.
I've only recently heard of hitbox, so I can't comment,
but Youtube streaming is good for tailoring to the people you have and making it easy for them to find you and watch instead of having people change cites. It's the law of the lazy, the easier it is to do, the easier it is not to do.

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
If you have the following then either Twitch or Youtube (though I'm on the Twitch side)

Hitbox to me is still relatively new, I go on the site now and then and only see a handful of streamers barely hit the 100viewer mark, so I think its a good platform if you're a new streamer looking to get noticed since I don't think you'll be fighting to be on the top of the list for a certain game.

FreelanceSeven

Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
FreelanceSeven
I usually do youtube because a) I am lazy at times and don't want to upload a stream to my youtube, this does it automatically and b) my viewers can see that I am streaming, so they don't have to switch sites. I like twitch because of Twitch alerts, and Hitbox because of the live dashboard.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
In the past i used to stream alot trough Twitch but since i also wanted to upload the content to youtube i switched to youtube gaming once it was available. Streaming directly from your channel when your only doing live streams then it is ideal.
Since i don't have the proper tools for making edits and did live streaming for the past 3 years this is what suited me best :)

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
If your already a youtuber I believe it's best to stream on your channel to keep everything in the same place and you don't have fans in one place but not in the other. However if your fairly big use twitch for gaming but only if your ready to split your fans and content.

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
I dun stream much but I think the YouTube streaming platform is much better.

7BitBrian

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
As far as the technology backing it, youtube is far superior than both of the competitors listed on here. They just need to further develop the peripherals to allow for better community growth and interaction, as well as better monetizing, like twitch does with subscribing.

Twitch does all that stuff better than youtube, but is one of the most unstable and buggiest live streaming platforms out there. The only reason Twitch is still so big is because it's been around for so long and was one of the first to jump in on the live streaming/gaming market back when it was justin.tv

If Twitch.tv came out today, as a new platform, with all the problems it experiences on a daily basis, people would laugh it down so hard and move on in a week.

TomHud

New User
Oct 24, 2016
id go with restream and stream to them all at the same time :)
But if i had to pick one - it would be youtube as for some reason,i dont like twitch that much.