Status
Not open for further replies.

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
I clearly have over 1000 subs and I have plenty of views and watch time per month so whats the deal?? And my channel is clearly in good standing:

the last 28 days

the denial

Mike Newman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 20, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
madmik32510
It is both and yes you do meet the requirements. Have you applied through the YT YPP yet? It may be that Freedom! Is waiting for channels to be accepted through there first before they can accept anyone in the MCN. Looking at your first screenshot it says you are verified not a verified partner. Try applying again once you have been accepted by Youtube

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
It has to be both 1k subscribers and 4k watch hours (240k minutes). Can you check the watch time for the last 365 days, this link should bring you there https://www.youtube.com/analytics?o...rpg=93,rpgr=0,rpm=t,rpp=0,rpr=d,rps=93,rpsd=1

All channels must have 240,000 watch minutes to be eligible for the YouTube partnership. This is YouTubes new rule they have brought in and all channels that have less than this have been removed from MCNs

Reactions: Mike Newman
Upvote 0

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
I'lll look but if i may ask do you know the reason youtube made this change? I wasn't making much but I was making something and it gave me a feeling of accomplishment now i feel like youtube is cutting off the small guy because all they care about is money

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
Upvote 0

Mike Newman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 20, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
madmik32510
I'lll look but if i may ask do you know the reason youtube made this change? I wasn't making much but I was making something and it gave me a feeling of accomplishment now i feel like youtube is cutting off the small guy because all they care about is money
It because of spam channels inappropriate content. Look at this way when you do get back in you will be earning a lot more revenue as there will be more ads to go around the creators who do qualify!

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

Because they like to be annoying :( I know how you feel.

As far as I know the reason was to crack down on spam channels and give them much more control of who advertisers can put their channel ads on. Something like 80-90% of all YouTube channels have been demonetized yesterday. As Mike said the one positive thing is that advertisers are likely to spend more on CPM now that they know their ads are being shown on regulated channels. If you haven't reached the 4k mark I'm sure you are very close to it though.

Reactions: Mike Newman
Upvote 0

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
Because they like to be annoying :( I know how you feel.

As far as I know the reason was to crack down on spam channels and give them much more control of who advertisers can put their channel ads on. Something like 80-90% of all YouTube channels have been demonetized yesterday. As Mike said the one positive thing is that advertisers are likely to spend more on CPM now that they know their ads are being shown on regulated channels. If you haven't reached the 4k mark I'm sure you are very close to it though.

Why would they spend more if less people will see their ads now, if you think about it, it just doesnt make sense... If about 80% of the channels were demonetized then a lot less ppl will be seeing these ads.

Oh and by my math 4000 = 96k hours not 260k

Also this becomes alot harder on me because I do YouTube part time... Because I work 40+ hours a week and don't have alot of time to make videos except on the weekenss

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Why would they spend more if less people will see their ads now, if you think about it, it just doesnt make sense... If about 80% of the channels were demonetized then a lot less ppl will be seeing these ads.
It does make sense. They can serve ads for more money now by being able to control what content the ads are running on. This gives advertisers security and trust in YouTube which has been lost with them running ads on any channel that came along.

Upvote 0

HippoZoned

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2014
Philly
YouTube
It makes sense for googles profit but not for the advertisers or the community. And advertisers don't really care about trust when they have to pay more for something that alot of ppp won't see.

That is just how I view it. Well see what happens

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
It makes sense for googles profit but not for the advertisers or the community. And advertisers don't really care about trust when they have to pay more for something that alot of ppp won't see.

That is just how I view it. Well see what happens
Google doesn't care about the small communities. Advertisers on the other hand will get slightly less advertisements served but are sure they won't be served on terrorism content and spam. That lets them position their brand on positive videos which will make anyone's brain associate the brand to something positive.

Upvote 0

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Another reason is because people were stealing other creators content and uploading it to their channel and monetizing it and making money from not their own work.

Upvote 0

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Also with less channels there is more advertising inventory to go around making advertising spots more premium which could result in increased CPM for partners.

E.G. If I ran a if company A and company B each ran 1000 ad's and there were 4,000 videos to run them on there is no competition for ad space.

If now company A and company B each run 1000 ad's but only 1,000 videos exist to be advertised on a bidding war should start for that space as its more premium.

Stefan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.