YouTube YouTube comment section.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I get notifications that people commented on my video, but when I go to the video I can't see the comment. The comment doesn't even go up for review. Now maybe the person deleted their comment, but then why does the notification stay their? I don't get it.

Reactions: Marsh2907

Ferno the Knight

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2014
YouTube
FernotheKnight
Notifications are kinda of like text messages sent from a computer. Depending on where you receive them or how you act upon recieving them they can remain mark as unread. Such as seeing a text message or notification from your phones locked screen. Even though you've read it, unless you've clicked on it or have done another action to tell the device that you've read it, it will remain marked as unread. As for the comment, if this was a realitively recent comment the site may not have properly updated. Otherwise they could have just deleted it. If they did delete it however it would not 'fix' the notifications. Once the notification is sent when the comment was made it's a done deal. The computer is not constantly checking to make sure that you ether check the comment or check if the comment was removed. So that could lead to some confusion to receiving a notification to a comment that doesn't exist. You were simply told a comment was made, not that it was made then removed.

Hope this help answer your question!

Reactions: Creative Myth

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I get notifications that people commented on my video, but when I go to the video I can't see the comment. The comment doesn't even go up for review. Now maybe the person deleted their comment, but then why does the notification stay their? I don't get it.

Don't forget it could be someone who you've blocked already from posting. I've had the same thing on my channel ever since I started blocking/reporting comment spammers on my videos.

I get excited when receiving notifications with a new comment only for that excited to be crushed when nothing is there. :/

Reactions: Creative Myth

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
Don't forget it could be someone who you've blocked already from posting. I've had the same thing on my channel ever since I started blocking/reporting comment spammers on my videos.

I get excited when receiving notifications with a new comment only for that excited to be crushed when nothing is there. :/
I never block people, no matter how annoying or ridiculous their comment is.

Reactions: Marsh2907