Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Yea i got it too, it is a option to become a close youtube partner that gives extra benefits with when connected with Freedom, it also gives more options with monetizing your video's and extra features over time. I signed for it. Seems that over time it gives better benefits.
So we still keep our Freedom partnership then?

Upvote 0

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
I've got this on my dashboard aswell the first thing i done was go to twitter to see if anything was said about it there and Freedom! tweeted out a link to a support thread here http://freedom.support.tm/support/solutions/articles/5000688756

I've not yet accepted it myself as im waiting to hear if it will change the way things work with position music.. but reading through the above thread seems that everything will be the same and you will still be a freedom partner and will continue to be paid by freedom with a closer relationship with youtube

Upvote 0

UpItChew

Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2014
Estonia
YouTube
Quote from support article:
As of the 2nd of December, 2015, launched its new program called the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). As a member of the YouTube Partner Program, you will gain faster access to new features, and revenue streams, as they become available, such as revenue sharing on eligible third-party content in your video (i.e. cover songs, or videos that use music). YouTube and Freedom! collaborated to make this possible. You will benefit from a direct relationship with YouTube, while maintaining the same operational relationship with Freedom!. Keep in mind, joining the new YouTube Partner Program won’t affect your partnership at Freedom!, and it won’t interfere with Freedom!’s current processes, and procedures.

Reactions: ReesFitz92
Upvote 0

EM21Productions

Freedom! Member
Dec 25, 2014
YouTube
DaveEm21
one important question about this is how does it affect gaming channels, is it positive or negative? because under the part that says which videos are not eligible it says video game content

Upvote 0

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
To confirm things: you are still a Freedom! Partner if you agree to those terms.

For gaming channels this doesn't negatively affect you because it isn't removing any privileges from you. You're still not allowed to monetize gameplay of video games where you don't have a commercial license for (ex. EA or Nintendo games).

Upvote 0

Official KTV Channel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
Dear all freedom family,
after i read YPP i saw they said we will received only 55% of revenue share, now i get 70% from freedom, so if i agree with YPP program i will get 55% revenue share not 70%? or get 70% of 55% from YPP?
i'm waiting to hearing from all of your help.
best regards,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.