Big question about editing

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
We see all these mega-subscriber gaming channels with PiP objects that enter the screen, face distortions, faces that turn red when angry, tons of post-edit SFX and all sorts of other things. A perfect example would be FGeeTV. That guy has 4 kids. I have tried to be clever like that, in an amateur way, but even when I get more efficient I can't even IMAGINE having time to do it myself, with 2 kids, and do the gameplay, AND put out a video or 2 everyday. Do these guys have staff from their MCNs? Is it worth doing when we're small? We won't get many videos out if we do, games will be old before we finish them, and with hardly anybvideos I think we would never get big. How do they do it? Should I stick with simple webcam overlays, cut the boring parts add music and a few choice SFX that I like? Will that make my channel suck even more than 1 video a week. I like the whole YouTube thing so far but I like getting videos up more than the editing so far. Of course climbing viewership, for several reasons, is the most motivating thing. I'm not trying to get views but for a guy that never used editing or imaging software before 6 weeks ago do you thing I suck or have I outdone myself. I'd love opinions on these questions or take a look at my last 2 videos and see if I'm trying too hard. Thanks.

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
Your writing seems a bit rushed... Hard to read.

But honestly, as long the content is good, meaningful, interesting. You're good. If you just have to do some editing, go ahead. I've seen videos with tons of editing and videos with no editing.

It's up to you. So the next time you make a video, ask yourself if you feel like you need some editing. There's nothing wrong with it, and it's fairy easy to learn.

Original Gamesters

Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
www.ogtv.ca
YouTube
Ogtv1up
I'm just curious about if they have help. Even being good I can't see there being time to put that much editing into that many videos so often all by yourself.

Lol to rushed. I wasn't rushed, I just had all these thoughts in my head and fingers had a hard time keeping up. I save formal and technical writing for other occassions.

Sincerley
BOG
CEO of Original Gamesters, a.k.a. OGTV

lol