Forums Freedom! Forum app!

Daclypse

Rising User
Jan 3, 2016
Kent, England
YouTube
So I think it would be REALLY awesome to have a forum app..
Don't know how much you guys use the forum on your mobile devices or tablets but it's not the most user friendly looking thing and an app would work really well!

Now I know the Dev team have a LOT under their belt so it's a massive task to undertake. But how great!?
Wondering if this has ever been brought up before or any plans on production?

Just wanted to have my input!

Dylan McKenzie

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
Edinburgh
YouTube
I think having a freedom forum app is a sweet idea!
even though the forum is fully responsive it can be a little tedious to use on a mobie device, Such as the chat not always working,

but hey ho there are certain elements of the forum that where probably not meant for use on a mobile device and an app would be wholey welcomed! : D

mwyndhamb

New User
Oct 6, 2016
marcwbass.tumblr.com
YouTube
I'm not sure about Android or Windows Phones but on the iPhone you can save a webpage to your home screen so it looks like an app but when you click it will goto that webpage. Makes it easy to get to just like an app.

From Safari (not sure about Chrome or Firefox) click the share icon and then select "Add To Home Screen".

Hope that can be helpful?

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
So I think it would be REALLY awesome to have a forum app..
Don't know how much you guys use the forum on your mobile devices or tablets but it's not the most user friendly looking thing and an app would work really well!

Now I know the Dev team have a LOT under their belt so it's a massive task to undertake. But how great!?
Wondering if this has ever been brought up before or any plans on production?

Just wanted to have my input!

A forum app isn't needed. The forums run fine on mobile except the chat which you can use freedom.community.tm/chat for. There's no need for a mobile app. However the dashboard needs some optimization for mobile.
An app would just be a waste of time.