Network Freedom!'s Stance on Fan Funding!

Do you want Fan Funding under Freedom!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamers

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
YouTube
That's not true that delves in to CPM also depends if those views are monetized are not.

you can learn more here!

http://freedom.tm/cpm-explained :)
If you ask me I think it's a great thing since I am daily twitch streamer and donations on twitch help alot of small channels get better streaming/recording equipment but for some reason most youtubers think it's weird or stupid :p

TheGamers

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2014
YouTube
If Freedom demands a cut of that Fan Funding, then no. YouTubers should just go through sites like Patreon.
If Freedom doesn't demand a cut, then yes.
They can't that would violent youtubes rules they would also brake there own rules saying that they only take 40% ad revenue if they did that just think of it like PayPal donations but youtube might take like 2$ tax off of it I'm just saying maybe I'm only guessing on that last part tho :p

cdavbar

Owner - LERP
Freedom! Member
if they dont use paypal

Concerning PayPal, just a fair warning to everyone that although most PayPal accounts can receive "donations", you must make sure you have it configured properly. Using PayPal's donation button or code to solicit donations can break the PayPal rules which states the PayPal Donation button is for non-profit organizations only.

When and if using paypal, configure your button/code to bring the person donating to a PayPal "send money" page, not a PayPal donate page to keep yourself safe.

However, if Google would just open up Fan Funding, these things wouldn't even be up for discussion :)

Google, if you are reading this, let Freedom! have Fan Funding, or at least partners/networks located in eligible countries!

Freedom Pakistan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
We will rather suggest to make the Freedom Dashboard workable instead of bringing new in-complete and non-working things for the users. I guess partners are now stuck of facing too much bugs and errors in Freedom Dashboard.
1. Payments Update Delay.
2. Analytics and Payments Update.
3. Payment method other than Paypal.

Freedom is wasting their money and time in bringing new and new things and almost all of them are in beta. Rather to bring new things in beta they should bring its dashboard live.

Its now more than 1 year and now they should become mature and keep each of their new service live.

Atleast they should work on the above three issues on which according to them they are working . . . working . . .

Each month we have to look with the same answer and that is the expected delay.

Forwarded to @McGahan and @George

cdavbar

Owner - LERP
Freedom! Member
Hello Freedom! Family,

A lot of you have been asking about YouTube's new service Fan Funding, and also why Freedom! Has not activated it yet. The reason for this is because Freedom! Is located in South East Asia and it's not currently on the list of countries that have this enabled. It will be hopefully soon! You can read more about this here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6052077?hl=en-GB

We believe it has to be available where the MCN is formed. That way we can request activation for Fan Funding. :)

Let us know! Do you want Fan Funding activation under Freedom!?

Could we get an update on this @Kan? Freedom! is advertising that if our channel is based in one of the four approved countries that we can use Fan Funding even though the network is based in a non-supported country.

Thank you,

cdavbar

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Wait? It is still not possible for eligible countries? Again the case they are running the ads before implementation of a feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.