Headset vs. Microphone Recording

Zeitelic

Rising User
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
There are two types of microphones you can buy though. The omnidirectional microphones are the ones that pick up sounds around you and whatnot.
Yeah that's true, I was wondering what I forgot to mention in that post. A condenser is much more useful if you're doing things more alone and omni-directional is more used for when you have a podcast of people in a room together.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
Yeah that's true, I was wondering what I forgot to mention in that post. A condenser is much more useful if you're doing things more alone and omni-directional is more used for when you have a podcast of people in a room together.

Yeah, I use an omnidirectional, but not on purpose. I found a mic I wanted at the time, didn't do any research and bought it. But hey! It's a nice mic. Good for when I do Dont Starve together with my friends who I live with.

SGAHGAMER

Rising User
Jan 21, 2016
YouTube
What do you prefer to use.Microphone or Headset for recording voice? o_0
I personally prefer using a microphone because the ones on headsets are unreliable even though some are good but Mic's are more mobile and have a lot more settings allowing the perfect settings to increase efficency

RAB2784LetsPlays

Rising User
Jan 23, 2015
YouTube
I use a headset just now but like a lot of you guys are saying I've heard a mic is so much better which I will be investing in at some point :)

SGAHGAMER

Rising User
Jan 21, 2016
YouTube
I use a headset just now but like a lot of you guys are saying I've heard a mic is so much better which I will be investing in at some point :)
I'd recommend the Samson Go if you want decent quality but nothing too professional. On the right website it could go for £25 I have one currently. There's a picture of one.

Attachments

• WIN_20160205_21_36_54_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160205_21_36_54_Pro.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I use a Blue Yeti for my recording in a REALLY janky sound booth (a plastic container lined with sound proof foam). I think the Yeti or the Snowball (a model down), are great mics. I would never use a headset mic to record. Too prone to clipping and popping.

RangerElite

Nov 2, 2015
I'd recommend the Samson Go if you want decent quality but nothing too professional. On the right website it could go for £25 I have one currently. There's a picture of one.
Thanks for the helpful info man..And the time for taking a picture of the mic itself
We need more people like you in Freedom! :D

GamersNoodle

New User
Feb 7, 2016
YouTube
Depends.
-If you have a $20 mic and high grade headphones(let's say Astro a50) the obvious choice would be the Astros.
-If you have a $100+ mic(blue yeti, snowball etc) and a $20 headset, the mic would obviously be better.
-If you have both a high grade headset and mic, then I'd go with the mic.
but money dose not mean I all I have a 60$ blue snowball ice mic and it is better then a 70$ pc mic and a 100$ ps4 mic

GamersNoodle

New User
Feb 7, 2016
YouTube
I use a headset it's never failed me and I think my audio sounds good
the thing with what you said I use a headset it's never failed me and I think my audio sounds good you don't know how good a desktop mic is until you try it. I thought it sounded good to then I got a "cheap" 60$ mic and its so much better

B

Betta Channel

I prefer using microphone because it has a high quality audio output with a high bitrate. Headsets aren't meant for recording voices and have a low bitrate. But, unless you own a decent headset with good microphone output.

RangerElite

Nov 2, 2015
Thanks for all the helpful responses,
Thanks to you guys this thread has been the to-go thread for gamers deciding whether or not to buy a headset or microphone.
Also any Cheap headsets (1$-30$ or 1€ to 30€) you guys would recommend? :3

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
I use a turtle beach, but thats probably because i dont have anything else at the mo, but will be investing in a Blue Yeti as soon as i can get a loan from the wife lol.