How do you grow a gaming YouTube channel with no commentary?

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
For a gaming channel you pretty much need a voice or something to keep the people watching entertained but as for something that doesn't need commentary I would say montages or story games that not much people have uploaded

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
The key to a lets play channel is speed... because you arnt doing commentary or editing you can crank out gameplay faster than anyone else. Which is your ultimate goal. The other key is finding games that dont already have people making videos about them. The problem is the games that work best are crappy expensive games that no one wants to buy.

I see,
I play games from start to finish while enjoying the game.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know.

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
Work hard.
Be consistent.
Be interactive with your fans.

Generally just being you, uploading good quality content, uploading things that are currently popular and just having fun in the process will get you far.

Those are good points and I do my best to reply to my subscribers when I can.
I have Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness on my channel and it's the most popular series.

It can be challenging to compete with bigger YouTubers who play the same games. So my goal is to get my videos on the front page and ranked above others.

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
For a gaming channel you pretty much need a voice or something to keep the people watching entertained but as for something that doesn't need commentary I would say montages or story games that not much people have uploaded

You're right about that,
I do have access to games that not much people play.

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
Okay, good to hear. Let me know how everything goes. It can be hard at first, but you can make a lot of progress when you take a hard look at everything.
Things are going well. I got about +10 subscribers since I posted this post. I'm doing my best.

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
That's nice that you're going better ^^ Are people commentating on your videos in any way? Engagement can go a long way. Banners/icons can help out in the long term if you choose the right artwork :p
Yeah,
I've been engaging with my subscribers. Commenting and answering any questions they have.
I added a new banner and icon, so I hope that helps.

I've been thinking, I think it might be best for my channel to play the newest games and try to get the videos on the first page of search results.

Absolute Hd

Rising User
Apr 22, 2016
YouTube
I've started a gaming YouTube channel in 2013 and created a new one last December.
I don't do commentary on my gaming YouTube channel.

I've seen many other YouTube gaming channels without commentary and I know they've been doing this way before me. That's one of the reasons I started a gaming YouTube channel; playing video games without commentary and having fun. They have many subscribers and I'm sure they deserve it.

My question is, how do you grow a gaming YouTube channel with no commentary?
Since there is no commentary, how does one grow without the personality of a regular gaming YouTube commentator?

It can be challenging to get my videos promoted to the first page since I don't have much views, even with the right tags.
add music to your gaming video to gain attention of the viewers

BloodRangerGaming

Rising User
Apr 30, 2016
YouTube
I've started a gaming YouTube channel in 2013 and created a new one last December.
I don't do commentary on my gaming YouTube channel.

I've seen many other YouTube gaming channels without commentary and I know they've been doing this way before me. That's one of the reasons I started a gaming YouTube channel; playing video games without commentary and having fun. They have many subscribers and I'm sure they deserve it.

My question is, how do you grow a gaming YouTube channel with no commentary?
Since there is no commentary, how does one grow without the personality of a regular gaming YouTube commentator?

It can be challenging to get my videos promoted to the first page since I don't have much views, even with the right tags.
hey man! so listen, you can grow a youtube channel without commentary but i believe the growing process would have to be a little slow, now here is what you need to know. When you are not commentating keep in mind that everything else you do should be fantastic! the video quality should be amazing so get a good recorder such as an Elgato, use NCS music with your gameplay, and the most important part your editing should be absolutely fantastic so try and get a sony vegas! thumbnails are key as well. other than that be consitent and have hope! you will get there man goood luck and have a nice day :)

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
hey man! so listen, you can grow a youtube channel without commentary but i believe the growing process would have to be a little slow, now here is what you need to know. When you are not commentating keep in mind that everything else you do should be fantastic! the video quality should be amazing so get a good recorder such as an Elgato, use NCS music with your gameplay, and the most important part your editing should be absolutely fantastic so try and get a sony vegas! thumbnails are key as well. other than that be consitent and have hope! you will get there man goood luck and have a nice day :)

I see and those are good points.
I use the Elgato HD60 to record gameplay. I don't have Sony Vegas and I would like to get it if only I could afford it. I've tried editing videos in iMovie, but the files get big and it takes a long time just to render large gameplay videos.

As for NCS, I'll consider it and experiment on test videos.
As for thumbnails, it can be challenging because everyone else who does walkthroughs just about uses the same format such as part #, # ~ , and so on. I just need to create a format that is original and stands out.

Thank you. :)