Need help! Not recording gameplay sound

M.Adams

Oct 10, 2014
Mid West USA
YouTube
So, I've come across this issue where I can record mic just fine, but not the gameplay. I use Dxtory, and only have this problem on two games (fran bow and undertale). Every other game I play has both gameplay and mic, so I'm unsure of the issue. Any suggestions?

Also, I've tried other recording devices like Fraps, Camtasia, OPS, etc etc and all the same issue. :(
I hope I posted to the right thread :)

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
@M.Adams Well the issue could be in the game itself. Maybe the software are blocking the codec used on the game. (this is just a thought).
Have you tried a software like Xsplit? that is what i use myself, and have never had an issue with it.

Maybe it could also be a problem with the settings of the software you use (though i never used Dxtory).
Hope it help :)
Let me know what you find out.

Best Regards
Joachim

M.Adams

Oct 10, 2014
Mid West USA
YouTube
@M.Adams Well the issue could be in the game itself. Maybe the software are blocking the codec used on the game. (this is just a thought).
Have you tried a software like Xsplit? that is what i use myself, and have never had an issue with it.

Maybe it could also be a problem with the settings of the software you use (though i never used Dxtory).
Hope it help :)
Let me know what you find out.

Best Regards
Joachim
Xsplit is probably the only one I haven't tried yet :) let me give it a go and I'll get back with you! Thanks for your help![DOUBLEPOST=1453673222][/DOUBLEPOST]
Xsplit is probably the only one I haven't tried yet :) let me give it a go and I'll get back with you! Thanks for your help!
Just tried Xsplit and still same issue :( only recording mic, not recording sound. I just find it so odd that it only does it to these two games. Records everything else fine :([DOUBLEPOST=1453676343][/DOUBLEPOST]I fixed my issue! :) For anyone else having a similar issue as I was: My recording software was recording a higher rate of hz than the game, so I lowered the recording audio and it works :)

Last edited:

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Xsplit is probably the only one I haven't tried yet :) let me give it a go and I'll get back with you! Thanks for your help![DOUBLEPOST=1453673222][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just tried Xsplit and still same issue :( only recording mic, not recording sound. I just find it so odd that it only does it to these two games. Records everything else fine :([DOUBLEPOST=1453676343][/DOUBLEPOST]I fixed my issue! :) For anyone else having a similar issue as I was: My recording software was recording a higher rate of hz than the game, so I lowered the recording audio and it works :)
glad you managed to find out the issue :)
I make sure to note that myself as well :)

Reactions: M.Adams