Should I make this a once a week thing?

• Total voters

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hey everybody, I'm frosted Fricks and if you know me it is because I frequently give lengthy channel critiques in the comment section under Georges videos. Today I've decided to extend my help to here! So if your channel isn't growing or you have some doubts, I promise that I will try to look at everyone who submits! I have the day off today and I am dedicating it to help you guys and to help Freedom Grow! Keep in mind that these will be full critiques starting from your front page to your about section and they will be thoroughly looked at! I just want to help today!

Hope to hear from you guys really soon!

- Frosted Fricks (aka Jesse)

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Hey Frosted! I could use a channel review. I've been uploading for 3 years now with over 300 videos but I have yet to even hit 900 subs!

I am saving up for the Canon Vixia Mini X, which should improve both the audio and quality of my videos. (Hopefully soon)

And thumbnails, oh no.. There's only one issue with thumbnails for me, it's that I want to cut out my face and add it with a separate background. Yes, I still don't know how to do that and I've been doing this for 3 years..

DominationGaming

Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
Hey Frosted!

I would like a channel review and I think this is a great thing you are doing for the freedom community! I recently started YouTube and I would appreciate some feedback on how I'm doing so far. Thanks!!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey everybody, I'm frosted Fricks and if you know me it is because I frequently give lengthy channel critiques in the comment section under Georges videos. Today I've decided to extend my help to here! So if your channel isn't growing or you have some doubts, I promise that I will try to look at everyone who submits! I have the day off today and I am dedicating it to help you guys and to help Freedom Grow! Keep in mind that these will be full critiques starting from your front page to your about section and they will be thoroughly looked at! I just want to help today!

Hope to hear from you guys really soon!

- Frosted Fricks (aka Jesse)
You sound pretty helpful with this, can you please review my channel? I can't really get the video quality up, do you have any tips for people with weak computers to make decent videos? Any good capture software? Please tell me!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hey Frosted! I could use a channel review. I've been uploading for 3 years now with over 300 videos but I have yet to even hit 900 subs!

I am saving up for the Canon Vixia Mini X, which should improve both the audio and quality of my videos. (Hopefully soon)

And thumbnails, oh no.. There's only one issue with thumbnails for me, it's that I want to cut out my face and add it with a separate background. Yes, I still don't know how to do that and I've been doing this for 3 years..

hey buddy so I looked at your channel and here is where you need to start!

1. Let's start with your main page. With the amount of videos you have I see no reason not to have a more enthusiastic channel trailer! ^_^ Your trailer is the first thing that anybody sees when they visit your channel! In these you want to sound entertaining, you want to show how much the channel would benefit the visitor every time they come! You should keep it how you have it as far as your recent uploads that are shown on your main page, but try also adding some playlist to give visitors a sense that there is more to be seen. You should place these on your main page in horizontal rows!

2. Your banner is nice, but it could use a little love. In your case I would consider something a little more organized and simple! I feel if you centered your text and maybe chose a different font with maybe a drop shadow to give it a pop would be good too! Try to get rid of the extra things that are on there and instead maybe spread them out a little and keep them away from your channel name. The information about your upload schedule should be placed in your "about" section!

3. You have a strong sense of Metadata and that is great, so there is no comment there! But i recommend you probably should get rid of the intro, for some reason it is low rez and intros tend to make people skip through your videos or turn them off all together! I would instead focus on outros otherwise known as your "end card". In your end card you can give people the opportunity to comment, link them to another one of your videos and also encourage them to subscribe, but in a more subtle way!

4. Your also right, your thumbnails are hit and miss for your food vlogs I would stick to a formula that is both consistent and somewhat simple. Try using a channel icon/ logo and framing it in a box on the corner. Follow it with bold text in the center but try not to clutter too much of it with a busy picture. for your games, you'll want to focus on what the game is and what subject it covers make the image interesting, but at the same time informative. To do what you want to do with your face you should use a lasso tool then choose the refine edge option in photoshop. There you can used feathered edges so it doesn't look so harshly different from the background.

5. You should start working on your playlist! I see you have a ton of videos measuring well over a couple hundred, I would start organizing them into playlist, so if a potential subscriber is looking for a series in particular they can find it in your playlist!

6. For food reviews I would say you should be a little more descriptive in what the food taste like. Stay away from words like good and great, try using analogies and be critical! You want to describe the texture, the smell, how it feels going down, is it resting in your stomach well, maybe have a greasy factor! I like that your doing a rating system so keep that!

7. Sound will make or break you! Your video quality isn't the best,when it comes to vlogs, but you had stated that you are getting a new camera eventually. Im saving for one myself, so I do know the struggle! I would say still though record your audio separately, either using a recorder or what I have done in some public commentaries, I used my phone. You would be surprised how well their receivers work for audio recording!

8. Also getting into camera presence I would say if there was one thing I think you could use the most is you need more presence. Your enthusiasm in what your doing means everything to a viewer. If you don't appear to like what you are doing the audience has a hard time connecting with you on any particular level. Concentrate on trying to drag the audience in to your experience. Tell some stories, maybe some jokes, or get them involved by bringing the camera with you everywhere you go. that way they feel like they are a part of your life! But those are just for your most recent vids.

9. Get on social media!!! You have to interact on social media, it helps drag more people to you through other forms of advertising! I recommend the basics and that is twitter and facebook for now. I also use vine, tumblr, reddit and instagram! But baby steps with social media, you dont want to overload yourself!

For right now I believe these are some things you need to focus on to make your channel grow better! You wouldn't believe what charisma and enthusiasm will bring to your channel! If your excited, everyone is excited! I really hope this helps!

Reactions: Peter Johnson

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
hey frosted i would love a review if you have the time thank you for the opportunity https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHiMtgivzDbiDkXOw1sO_A

Your channel presents a little harder analysis since you primarily make COD and BO3 videos and the market for it is highly saturated, but not impossible to get in to!

1. Let's start with your audio presence! Your audio quality seems a little quiet in some of your videos and you tend to bleed into the background sound of some of your videos! You want people to come see you and know who you are, so never be afraid to be the loudest thing in the room, after all it is your channel! Also I could tell it sounds like your using a headset mic to talk. I would lower it to your chin to avoid pops and puffs into the mic when you say words with an "s" or a "p" sound, also it wont catch your exhale and inhale as badly! You do a great job to try and get your audience to interact with you by asking questions for them to answer, so DO KEEP THAT UP!!!

2. Your main page features quite a few things but it doesn't feature much about you! Now let's start with your intro. It is a good compilation of footage, but I would recommend talking over it and explaining who you are, what you do, and why people should subscribe! This is the first thing that plays on your channel and the first thing anybody hears or sees. You want this to grab their attention quickly! I like to add humor to mine to get people to listen, but you can do a lot of video cutting or whatever else seems to catch someones attention! YouTube states you have 10 seconds to grab the attention of a viewer, so you have to milk that for all it's worth!

3. Staying with you main page you should organize it as such for best results.
Channel trailer
uploads -vertically
popular uploads - horizontally
a playlist - horizontally
your playlists - horizontally
The liked videos - horizontally
This make your page full of information about you! It shows that you have much more to offer and it shows you like to keep somewhat organized! You should never have your liked videos out number your content! Nor do I recommend liking a lot of your own content either (not saying that you do just saying as a regular rule of thumb). Some people view it as giving yourself a high five.

4. Consistency is key! Make a regular upload schedule and try to stick with it everyday! I usually record at least 1 game a day and sometimes do two! You don't have to do it that frequently, but using it as an example if you were to post a schedule in your about section, it would help people identify when to expect a video from you and it stops them from worrying if they dont hear from you in a while. Some people view it as you abandoned your channel and sometimes they leave.

5. Going in line of consistency I would say definitely consider going through your videos and making thumbnails! A lot of your video's thumbnails are hard to tell apart from each other and in a lot of cases would be hard to distinguish from every other COD or BO3 based channel. The trick with this game is you have to stand out over everyone. Get crazy with the colors, use some more pumped up titles that scream "CLICK ME!"
(a lot of people have taken to titling as such "name of the game"| "Title of the video" | Part "X")

Make your font bolder, so it's easier to read. Try to stay away from the FPS perspective of your character holding a gun as your default image, in your game choice it is super commonplace!

6. Playlist!! You should make playlist of your own videos! Categorize them to make them easier to look for if a visitor wants to binge on your videos! Make them relevant of course and organized. I have one that is per game I play, one strictly for vlogs, one for voice acting, one for what I believe are my personal favorites, maybe think of a head shot compilation one, or best kd ratios, or organize them as TDM, DOM, and Capture the flag or even mark one list as clan battles if your in one!

7.Metadata believe it or not separates you from a lot of other channels like yours. the less information you put on your videos, the less likely people are able to find you as YouTube searches videos that closely match the criteria of a search made. So if you just say Call of Duty (not saying that you did this, again learning tidbit) You are going to get pushed all the way to the bottom of potential searches made for that title. Really get into your tags, include the game mode and game name and whatever else might be relative to the video. Also go into your advance settings on all of your videos and change their genre to game and whichever game your playing, you have been posting your gaming material in people and blogs for quite sometime, which also means some of your content is not being found on YouTube's gaming network. When you set your videos to game it appears on both YouTube and YouTube Gaming!

8. Also, and you may see me repeat what I say in this forum, but never use intros. They are usually loud and distracting to the viewer. As stated you have 10 seconds each video to get your audiences attention and if they have to sit through an intro through the entirety of that 10 seconds, that is going to be a video that may majorly get skipped. Even in a few of the channels that you feature in your like section, you'll notice they don't use intros. This is because it wont guarantee that the person will stay and it is very highly likely to get skipped over and that ruins you dedicated watch time in your analytics. If someone skips the around your video after shortly starting it, it doesn't count as a dedicated view! you want people to watch the entire thing and then get greeted with an end card, which i see you have, which is EXCELLENT!!! But don't forget to leave annotations on the videos being shown on it, so people can view your other work as well!

9. Social Media! Now I see your on facebook, but did you know your link to your twitter in your "about" section doesn't lead me to your twitter page? Try also other social networks like Reddit, Tumblr, Vine and Instagram! The have all helped me get subscribers in the past and still do to this day! Just make sure you pace yourself!

10. Lastly it appears your having some encoding issue on some of your videos, they start off crispy but then devolve over time. This would be directly related to the encoder on whatever software you are using to record! if your using OBS I recommend doing this

Settings> Encoding > Video Encoding> Change max bitrate (kb/s) to 3500 minimum
Use CBR and Enable CBR padding
Audio encoding > Bitrate 128 (has nothing to do with the video, but it does reduce stress on the machine)

Overall you actually do have a good channel, it just needs some love! Your enthusiasm is great and if you follow some of these steps you should start seeing a little improvement in your watch time and hopefully subscribers. It wont be quick but it will make your channel better!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Blood Ranger Gaming Pm'ed me this and has given me pe4rmission to share it!

"hey there man, could you do a channel review for me and thank you man! my channel link :
https://www.youtube.com/BloodRangerGaming "

Alright I'm going to open with this. Your thumbnails are awesome do not change that at all!!!!!

1. Let's start with your main page! The layout is amazing and shows me that you have more con tent to offer which is great, it's exactly what it should look like! it helps the audience get a sense that there is more to your channel, you're organized and have a little experience in YouTube! The one thing that you definitely need is a channel trailer. Something that shows what people are going to expect from your channel! Be entertaining, be fun, but most importantly, make people want to stay! It has to really reflect who you are and what you have to offer!

2. I had seen instead of a trailer you had an intro. I highly don't recommend intros on any videos as they take away from view time and audience retention as well as for the most part, videos with intros are usually skipped. It is a fact that you have 10 seconds to captivate your audience and get them interested in the video that you have made! If the first 10 seconds is filled with and intro, a lot of peoples attention spans will bring them to not like the video. the other issue is your intros sometimes go beyond that and become almost 20 seconds long! At this point in time the majority of the would be viewers have elected to leave and as a creator, you don't want that. You want them to stay and watch your video. So I recommend using end cards instead. On an end card you have the ability to send viewers to other videos on your channel,give them an opportunity to comment and you can subtly urge them to subscribe! It's actually quite beneficial!

3. Metadata is your friend. I see you load your description up with contact info, but not enough about the game. Tell a little more, such as who you were playing with, what you did, what you accomplished, what the game is about, what mode your playing it etc. These help YouTube search find your videos easier insurmountably. Also Your titles can change an opinion on whether or not someone should click on you! In titles I recommend this:

- using your most recent upload as an example:
Flawless Bo3 SnD Clutches Montage - I AM BLOODRANGER

Instead use word it this way:

Call of Duty BO3 | Flawless SnD Clutches Montage| Blood Ranger

This looks more appealing and seems more organized! also make sure in your advanced settings on every video under video type make sure it says gaming and has the name of the game under it, that way it can be found a lot easier!

4. Really work on filling up that "about" section, believe it or not people actually do read these! Put more information about you and your channel in it. Almost what you would say when you introduce yourself to another channel or viewer! Put contact information in there and instead of having your social media sites on your banner put them in your "about" section! Also put your upload schedule in it if you don't upload everyday! that way people don't think you've abandoned your channel when you don't upload.

5. Your banner could use a little love! i do like the image, and if it is your own I recommend keeping it! Make your font a different color and maybe add a white outline to it or a black one with a small drop shadow. I would remove the social media from it as no one can click them, they are hard to read and distract people from your name!

6. Be consistent and make a schedule! As explained earlier, if you upload sporadically, you will come off as an inconsistent host and you don't want people losing their faith in your ability to entertain!

7. Last thing I recommend for now is get into social networks and really start sharing on them as well. It helps people from different backgrounds get an idea that there is more than what they might be used to out there. I see you have a twitter and a facebook, but there is no link to your facebook! think also other forms of social media like reddit, tumblr, instagram and vine! I've made a few dedicated followers from these.

I really hope this helped in any way! I recommend trying a few of these out and see if they work for you! Remember you got to put in the work to see a good result! It wont be right away, but it will happen with enough effort! Also getting involved with the community forums and commenting under George's videos helps to, not to advertise your channel but to talk and communicate with others as well! People wont know who you are if you never introduce yourself! Again i hope this helps!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hey Frosted!

I would like a channel review and I think this is a great thing you are doing for the freedom community! I recently started YouTube and I would appreciate some feedback on how I'm doing so far. Thanks!!

Thank you for saying those kind words hopefully by the end of the review i can help you out even if it's just a little!

1. Ill start where i start with everyone! Your main page! I want to say this before I get started though. Your icon and banner are Amazing! Your layout is good, but let's tweak it just a little. I recommend to put your recent uploads in vertical columns instead of horizontal rows! Keep your playlist row horizontal though! This is just a little feng shui for your channel's main page to make it look fuller! You're new, so you only got a few videos so far, so this should get people to identify that you are at least dedicated to put out a bit of content! The other thing is your channel trailer, it's good for what you have, but I would get rid of the intro at the beginning of it. As a viewer can visibly see on your main page what your channel's name is, that and intros tend to take more than they give which ill explain in part 2. Be loud and bold in your channel trailer! Make people want to be a part of your channel, make them want to click that sub button, be as enthusiastic as possible that way your audience gets excited with you!

2. Intro's to videos are absolutely unneeded and successful channels never need them. You don't need to remind your audience every episode who they are watching because anybody that has clicked on the video could tell from the description area who you are. I'm not saying don't promote yourself, just that there are better ways. intros take away the attention from the videos and have a tendency to make the audience bored or annoyed rather quickly. The majority of individuals watching will either skip an intro or turn away from the video all together. It is a fact you have the first 10 seconds to grab your audiences attention. Do it in a creative way, show a highlight really quick from the game, say something funny, a small anecdote, anything that you really think will capture an audiences attention. You instead should look into end cards or "outros". On an end card you have the ability to send viewers to other videos on your channel,give them an opportunity to comment and you can subtly urge them to subscribe! You can still talk over it like you do now, but still give your viewer a direction on what they can do!

3. Your audio! I noticed a commonly reoccurring thing and that is your microphone pops a lot! I understand from listening to it that it sounds like a headset and this could actually be fixed really simply. Try doing one of two things. Move your mic to rest rust before the edge of your mouth on your cheek or move it out and adjacent to your chin! This should eliminate the sound of breaths and the use of words starting with a "p" or an "s" sound from blowing out your mic! Also check your levels, you tend to bleed in with the music you use in your background!

4. Social media and your about section! I was going to say your about section is written rather well and there isn't much problem there, but i did notice your on almost no social media to mention in your about section or descriptions in your video! Take some time and look into media like twitter and Facebook to start expanding your where you get your views from! Social media is a great thing to look into and a great way to advertise your channel. Once your comfortable you can move on to other social media like reddit, tumblr, vine, and instagram!

5. Work on your metadata! Your metadata is information that YouTube uses to search content that may be similar to what your channel has to offer. the less information you give, the more at the bottom of the list of potential channels you become! In your descriptions, tell a little more, such as who you were playing with, what you did, what you accomplished, what the game is about, what mode your playing it etc. The more your fill up your description the easier it is for people to find your channel!

Try also working on your titles! Using one of your recent uploads, it is titled
FIFA16 Highlight #6: Stunning Long Range Shot

I recommend doing it this way it looks cleaner and is a bit more eye catching!

Fifa 16 Highlights #6 | Stunning Long Range Shot

These are just few recommendations so far! And most of it is aesthetics! You're still starting, so your still trying to find your center. I can tell your a little nervous when you talk ^_^ dont worry, no ones gonna bite! Just relax and let the words flow! You are doing great so far as a starter channel! Keep up the great work! i hope to see big things from you in the future!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
You sound pretty helpful with this, can you please review my channel? I can't really get the video quality up, do you have any tips for people with weak computers to make decent videos? Any good capture software? Please tell me!

Hey there sorry it took a while to get to your channel! As you can see it's a lot of writing so it takes a bit out of me, but rest assured, your channel shall be reviewed and it will be fairly!!

1. Let's start with your main page! I see you do a lot of minecraft stuff so, your going to have a harder uphill battle han most. Not to say it's impossible, but your gonna have to adjust a few things to stand out! Your banner is simple enough and you have your character in it which is a good way to brand yourself! it just looks a little empty! Usually simple is good, but too simple and you don't grab enough attention! Maybe to something with the background image and see if you can get your name to pop a little more! The next critique is your Icon. Your name in your Icon gets lost when the red lettering hits the red wall of the outer circle of your icon. Try making the letters a different color, this will help people identify who you area little bit better!

2. The next thing on your main page is the biggest thing on your channel! Your channel trailer! Now then, you channel trailer is good and I know you don't talk on your channel yet, but your trailer is supposed to be a reflection on you! You have to get the audiences attention and make sure you entertain them enough in your minute or minute and a half that they want to join! Text over background foortage is a little distracting and in a lot of occasions, hard to read. Think of keeping the same Idea, but offering a live commentary over what you are doing! As far as your home page layout goes, you have the right idea! I recommend that you move your recent uploads under your trailer and make them cascade in vertical columns. This gives the visitor a feeling that you have a lot to offer. I say do this as it seems you're still growing your channel and uploading videos!

3. Consistency is key! Make a schedule and stick to it! Post it on your "about" section that way people have something to look forward to every week. My channel has a known schedule of at least once a day, so I don't exactly post it, but I should. Another factor in consistency is your "about" section; Try filling it out more! Explain more about yourself and your channel. Give people a sense of connection with you! Lastly for the main page and consistency I recommend really focusing on your thumbnails, some look really great, but some look very much like what you would commonly see in a minecraft search option. You want to stand out, use bold font, bright colors, and think of catchy titles!

4. Your metadata! Tell a little more, such as who you were playing with, what you did, what you accomplished, what the game is about, what mode your playing it etc. in your description under every video! This will help YouTube search find your videos much easier through finding the information given attached to the video! I see you use a lot of tags and that is great! Keep that up too!

5. I see that you are starting to use an intro. I recommend highly Not using one! You don't need to remind your audience every episode who they are watching because anybody that has clicked on the video could tell from the description area who you are. I'm not saying don't promote yourself, just that there are better ways. intros take away the attention from the videos and have a tendency to make the audience bored or annoyed rather quickly. The majority of individuals watching will either skip an intro or turn away from the video all together. It is a fact you have the first 10 seconds to grab your audiences attention. Do it in a creative way, show a highlight really quick from the game, say something funny, a small anecdote, anything that you really think will capture an audiences attention. You instead should look into end cards or "outros". On an end card you have the ability to send viewers to other videos on your channel,give them an opportunity to comment and you can subtly urge them to subscribe! You can still talk over it like you do now, but still give your viewer a direction on what they can do! (I copied this from an earlier response I gave to someone else, but it still holds true here!)

6. Social Media is your friend! All of your social media links in your about section lead right back to your YouTube channel! You are going to want to connect them to your account correctly so people can find them easily! Think of creating a twitter and a facebook page to start expanding where you can get additional views from! Social media is a great thing to look into and a great way to advertise your channel. Once your comfortable you can move on to other social media like reddit, tumblr, vine, and instagram!

Other than that you have a great start for a channel, but keep this in mind. Your channel is only going to be as powerful as you want it to be! The more love and effort you put into it, the more people will see that and want to stay! Keep up the great work and I hope to see great things from you in the future!

Reactions: LW

Dana Vaneck

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2016
YouTube
Your channel presents a little harder analysis since you primarily make COD and BO3 videos and the market for it is highly saturated, but not impossible to get in to!

1. Let's start with your audio presence! Your audio quality seems a little quiet in some of your videos and you tend to bleed into the background sound of some of your videos! You want people to come see you and know who you are, so never be afraid to be the loudest thing in the room, after all it is your channel! Also I could tell it sounds like your using a headset mic to talk. I would lower it to your chin to avoid pops and puffs into the mic when you say words with an "s" or a "p" sound, also it wont catch your exhale and inhale as badly! You do a great job to try and get your audience to interact with you by asking questions for them to answer, so DO KEEP THAT UP!!!

2. Your main page features quite a few things but it doesn't feature much about you! Now let's start with your intro. It is a good compilation of footage, but I would recommend talking over it and explaining who you are, what you do, and why people should subscribe! This is the first thing that plays on your channel and the first thing anybody hears or sees. You want this to grab their attention quickly! I like to add humor to mine to get people to listen, but you can do a lot of video cutting or whatever else seems to catch someones attention! YouTube states you have 10 seconds to grab the attention of a viewer, so you have to milk that for all it's worth!

3. Staying with you main page you should organize it as such for best results.
Channel trailer
uploads -vertically
popular uploads - horizontally
your playlists - horizontally
The liked videos - horizontally
This make your page full of information about you! It shows that you have much more to offer and it shows you like to keep somewhat organized! You should never have your liked videos out number your content! Nor do I recommend liking a lot of your own content either (not saying that you do just saying as a regular rule of thumb). Some people view it as giving yourself a high five.

4. Consistency is key! Make a regular upload schedule and try to stick with it everyday! I usually record at least 1 game a day and sometimes do two! You don't have to do it that frequently, but using it as an example if you were to post a schedule in your about section, it would help people identify when to expect a video from you and it stops them from worrying if they dont hear from you in a while. Some people view it as you abandoned your channel and sometimes they leave.

5. Going in line of consistency I would say definitely consider going through your videos and making thumbnails! A lot of your video's thumbnails are hard to tell apart from each other and in a lot of cases would be hard to distinguish from every other COD or BO3 based channel. The trick with this game is you have to stand out over everyone. Get crazy with the colors, use some more pumped up titles that scream "CLICK ME!"
(a lot of people have taken to titling as such "name of the game"| "Title of the video" | Part "X")

Make your font bolder, so it's easier to read. Try to stay away from the FPS perspective of your character holding a gun as your default image, in your game choice it is super commonplace!

6. Playlist!! You should make playlist of your own videos! Categorize them to make them easier to look for if a visitor wants to binge on your videos! Make them relevant of course and organized. I have one that is per game I play, one strictly for vlogs, one for voice acting, one for what I believe are my personal favorites, maybe think of a head shot compilation one, or best kd ratios, or organize them as TDM, DOM, and Capture the flag or even mark one list as clan battles if your in one!

7.Metadata believe it or not separates you from a lot of other channels like yours. the less information you put on your videos, the less likely people are able to find you as YouTube searches videos that closely match the criteria of a search made. So if you just say Call of Duty (not saying that you did this, again learning tidbit) You are going to get pushed all the way to the bottom of potential searches made for that title. Really get into your tags, include the game mode and game name and whatever else might be relative to the video. Also go into your advance settings on all of your videos and change their genre to game and whichever game your playing, you have been posting your gaming material in people and blogs for quite sometime, which also means some of your content is not being found on YouTube's gaming network. When you set your videos to game it appears on both YouTube and YouTube Gaming!

8. Also, and you may see me repeat what I say in this forum, but never use intros. They are usually loud and distracting to the viewer. As stated you have 10 seconds each video to get your audiences attention and if they have to sit through an intro through the entirety of that 10 seconds, that is going to be a video that may majorly get skipped. Even in a few of the channels that you feature in your like section, you'll notice they don't use intros. This is because it wont guarantee that the person will stay and it is very highly likely to get skipped over and that ruins you dedicated watch time in your analytics. If someone skips the around your video after shortly starting it, it doesn't count as a dedicated view! you want people to watch the entire thing and then get greeted with an end card, which i see you have, which is EXCELLENT!!! But don't forget to leave annotations on the videos being shown on it, so people can view your other work as well!

9. Social Media! Now I see your on facebook, but did you know your link to your twitter in your "about" section doesn't lead me to your twitter page? Try also other social networks like Reddit, Tumblr, Vine and Instagram! The have all helped me get subscribers in the past and still do to this day! Just make sure you pace yourself!

10. Lastly it appears your having some encoding issue on some of your videos, they start off crispy but then devolve over time. This would be directly related to the encoder on whatever software you are using to record! if your using OBS I recommend doing this

Settings> Encoding > Video Encoding> Change max bitrate (kb/s) to 3500 minimum
Use CBR and Enable CBR padding
Audio encoding > Bitrate 128 (has nothing to do with the video, but it does reduce stress on the machine)

Overall you actually do have a good channel, it just needs some love! Your enthusiasm is great and if you follow some of these steps you should start seeing a little improvement in your watch time and hopefully subscribers. It wont be quick but it will make your channel better!
thank you so much for the input i will work on everything thanks for giving a really detailed review it is going to help!!!

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Wow, thank you very much for the detailed review, Frosted!
This should be a once in a week thing only if you're up for it.
The amount of information and tips you provide is phenomenal!

I know you say forget the intro, add the outro, but I honestly don't think many of my viewers stay after I give my rating..
Oh, yes. Social media, that's my biggest failure...

I overlooked you talking about gaming. And you're right.
I don't think I'll get anywhere with gaming videos, but I can definitely say that my Food/Vlog ones are doing a lot better than my Gaming ones.

Once again, I appreciate your time and the amount of effort you put into these, thank you.

Savedin1080p

Freedom! Member
Jun 30, 2014
YouTube
Hey there Frosted! I would appreciate it if you gave me a review and let me know what I am doing wrong or right and be as mean as you need to be!

I have handed out around 800 YouTube business cards and only gained about 40 subscribers from them. I feel as if I have done something wrong with my channel.

Thanks in advance!

mgracer48

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I would love a review man
of my channel
I just hired a guy to make a new banner and pic for me
still waiting for him to finish