SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
I was wondering if I could take my tripod, and camera with me? On the plane? Do they allow tripods on planes? How can I fit it into my bag?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I would try to be fairly minimalistic.
I once seen on a border patrol show they harrassed a person who had alot of camera gear and made them go back to get a work visa :(

So you dont want them thinking your a professional. And just a warning... they may even check things like your phone and cameras for evidence to confirm your story.

Just make sure you tell them its a hobby and not your job, and your not getting paid to come work.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Ive taking my stuff all over the world form a slr-cam to a macbook and tripods. :D

They have taken my camera and laptop to check it at the border securtity but nothing special, they looked at it and put it back in the bag.
(Lol lenzes seem to be extra suspicious I learned ><)

A tripod if it's not to tall can be strapped to your carry-on luggage and would be no problem at all LOL see it a stroller :p
(If for any reasson they say it doens't fit when it's already strapped to your carry-on they mostly just put it with the cargo no questions asked.)