the games that influenced me the most.

Kiramuruchan

Rising User
May 24, 2016
Norway
YouTube
Kiramuruchan
One of the first games I ever played was the sims series, the very first games. I had the whole collection! *proud* I also learned alot of english from the game, since I chose to play it in english instead of Norwegian.
Ever since I have played every single sims game that came out from sims 1 - sims 4, I even got The sims medeival when it came out. Even my mom got addicted to it.
Lots of people don't like sims because they think its boring, well ofcourse its gonna be boring if you cheat, and it can be quite repetitive playing it vanilla as well. I do challenges and download CC's to keep it intresting.

The pokemon series has also always been a favorite. I could not afford a console when I was young, so I mostly played with the cards (I could actually play the game) and the figurines, I also watched the series. When I came into my teens I got my first console, the DS, and I got Black and White, and have played every game since. I have in later days also played the games before Black and White, so I have played all of them, just not in the right order.

I played Tycoon games as well, like Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon. both on computer ofc. and in the same period as the first sims games.

I also got Space Colony and Ghost Master are also games that have stuck in mind, and I still remember how to play them even tho I havn't played them in forever. I kinda miss playing them and I am thinking of getting them one day, hopefully they exsist om steam, because the CD's are long gone.

Go forwards to my more recent years, I have not been a huge gamer, I play only on nintentoDS (3ds and 3dsXL) and the computer. I still play sims (sims 4 mostly, but I still visit the sims 3) and I plat cities skyline, Sid Meyers Civilization V, Slime Rancher, Don't Starve, Skyrim (even tho I suck at it), Spore, and I still play Sims Medieval.

I's easy to see what kind of games I prefer to play, but to WATCH others play I really enjoy, wich is why watching gaming on youtube became a thing, I got to enjoy an adventure of games I would not be able to play myself (There are some sort of games I am just too bad at to complete, and some games are too expensive). I soon wanted to join in with the youtube community, so I made a channel, but for the longest time I could not figure out how to record screen, I also didnt have a gaming headset and a microphone. but now I do, and I play the games I enjoy on youtube myself, and its lots of fun! I get to talk to other Simmers about sims challenges, I discover new ways to play, and I am sure that in the future I will find more games to further bring me on adventures.

I am intrested to know what kinds of games you have grown up with, what sparked your passion for gaming? I love to hear these kinds of stories and reflect on who we were in the past, and who we became after our choice, its kinda amazing to see how much games can affect our personality and way of thinking!

Last edited:

Smithy5000

May 13, 2016
Newcastle
YouTube
When I first started playing games (back in the day when the Megadrive and NES were all the range) my first 2 loves were Super Mario 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I did play a wide variety of games but those 2 were the main games I played. Both games I loved the music, It was all catchy music each piece relating to the stage you were on to create the atmosphere to go with it (Mario fast paced grassland to the slow aquatic theme and sonic going from mystic caves, deep and slow to mechanical zone, fast and metal).

They were played many times until I got the PS1 and my addiction changed to action and RPG games. I got FF7 when it first came out and that game was played religiously. 99.99 hours on the clock, all materia, gold chocobo... I had everything and still couldn't get enough. I had multiple saves throughout the game for all my favorite bits i wanted to play and play again, Meeting sid (His music was amazing and then stealing the tiny bronco), dropping into midgar to fight proud clod and hojo and diamond weapon), the flash back of zack, icicle inn and onwards, before safer sephiroth, obtaining the huge materia..... I could go on i had so many.

Then came MGS, an action game that involved sneaking and strategy which I found amazing along with the soundtrack it just hooked me. From the action music to the emotional slow paced music it just drew you in, the composers done a superb job and the storyline and how stuff has been connected together was just genius. Every MGS game I've had countless play throughs, Many times I've blamed hay fever for the tears in my eyes.

More memorable mentions for me would be Mario 64, Pokemon red/blue/yellow and pokemon stadium, banjo and kazoiie, super mario world, chrono trigger (AMAZING!! still play it now), donkey kong country, Street fighter 2, legend of zelda, Sim city, Honestly I could go on and on with the list. Its safe to say if its got and great story line and an amazing soundtrack I've probably played it.

Games have always been apart of my life since I was a baby and I'm not going to let them out of my life anytime soon.

Reactions: Kiramuruchan

Kiramuruchan

Rising User
May 24, 2016
Norway
YouTube
Kiramuruchan
When I first started playing games (back in the day when the Megadrive and NES were all the range) my first 2 loves were Super Mario 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I did play a wide variety of games but those 2 were the main games I played. Both games I loved the music, It was all catchy music each piece relating to the stage you were on to create the atmosphere to go with it (Mario fast paced grassland to the slow aquatic theme and sonic going from mystic caves, deep and slow to mechanical zone, fast and metal).

They were played many times until I got the PS1 and my addiction changed to action and RPG games. I got FF7 when it first came out and that game was played religiously. 99.99 hours on the clock, all materia, gold chocobo... I had everything and still couldn't get enough. I had multiple saves throughout the game for all my favorite bits i wanted to play and play again, Meeting sid (His music was amazing and then stealing the tiny bronco), dropping into midgar to fight proud clod and hojo and diamond weapon), the flash back of zack, icicle inn and onwards, before safer sephiroth, obtaining the huge materia..... I could go on i had so many.

Then came MGS, an action game that involved sneaking and strategy which I found amazing along with the soundtrack it just hooked me. From the action music to the emotional slow paced music it just drew you in, the composers done a superb job and the storyline and how stuff has been connected together was just genius. Every MGS game I've had countless play throughs, Many times I've blamed hay fever for the tears in my eyes.

More memorable mentions for me would be Mario 64, Pokemon red/blue/yellow and pokemon stadium, banjo and kazoiie, super mario world, chrono trigger (AMAZING!! still play it now), donkey kong country, Street fighter 2, legend of zelda, Sim city, Honestly I could go on and on with the list. Its safe to say if its got and great story line and an amazing soundtrack I've probably played it.

Games have always been apart of my life since I was a baby and I'm not going to let them out of my life anytime soon.
Oooh, Mario! I loved that as a child! I never completed any of the games tho, but I remember loving it! Also Legend of Zelda, never finnished the game because I came to a point where my skill level was not enough, and I was stuck. but to that point it was alot of fun!

Smithy5000

May 13, 2016
Newcastle
YouTube
Oooh, Mario! I loved that as a child! I never completed any of the games tho, but I remember loving it! Also Legend of Zelda, never finnished the game because I came to a point where my skill level was not enough, and I was stuck. but to that point it was alot of fun!

If I start a game I have to complete it. It's always so satisfying seeing the characters wave you off or part their ways or however the game may end. (To name a few).... Gold medal challenge 92 for the nes had amazing music to see you off at the end, very emotional for that type of game. FF7 seeing Nanaki and his kids 500 years later, MGS ending phone call between ocelot and "the president", FFX ending setting you up for X-2, GLaDUS' song during the Portal credits. There's been a lot of times where I didn't want to finish the game as I had gotten so attached to the characters or the game I just didn't want it to end but still completed it and got very emotional over it.

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
The first time i saw a videogame was at my cousin's house when i was five years old, he was playing Spyro the Dragon. I became interested and started going more often to my cousin's house, and that way i discovered crash bandicoot and the final fantasy saga. It wasn't until two years after that when i got my hands on my first console( the psone) because my parents were scared that if they bought me a console when i was still a kid i could become a NEET. The first game that i owned was Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, it terrified me but i enjoyed it a lot.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I started out on the NES with Duck Hunt but the first game i ever fell in love with was Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. The story, the gameplay it grabbed me and i completed the game countless times.
After that it took a while but i found the Final Fantasy series and was hooked the moment i started playing it.
Lasty the Assassins Creed series. The whole setting behind these games were so great and quickly i became a fan of the series, it didn't took long before i started collecting merchandise and now i got a pile of T-shirts, Jackets, Statue's and more :)

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
I started out on the NES with Duck Hunt but the first game i ever fell in love with was Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. The story, the gameplay it grabbed me and i completed the game countless times.
After that it took a while but i found the Final Fantasy series and was hooked the moment i started playing it.
Lasty the Assassins Creed series. The whole setting behind these games were so great and quickly i became a fan of the series, it didn't took long before i started collecting merchandise and now i got a pile of T-shirts, Jackets, Statue's and more :)
I just bought zelda wind waker for the gamecube and its has a cd that says ocarina of time, do you know if it is the full game?

Kiramuruchan

Rising User
May 24, 2016
Norway
YouTube
Kiramuruchan
If I start a game I have to complete it. It's always so satisfying seeing the characters wave you off or part their ways or however the game may end. (To name a few).... Gold medal challenge 92 for the nes had amazing music to see you off at the end, very emotional for that type of game. FF7 seeing Nanaki and his kids 500 years later, MGS ending phone call between ocelot and "the president", FFX ending setting you up for X-2, GLaDUS' song during the Portal credits. There's been a lot of times where I didn't want to finish the game as I had gotten so attached to the characters or the game I just didn't want it to end but still completed it and got very emotional over it.
if I get stuck, I tend to just... give up XD si have the tedency to just go for games that I can choose more... sandbox type of games... but I watch lots of story games on youtube! I have seen all of Legend of Zelda, I have watched Soma and amnesia and other type of games and I love watching them!

Kiramuruchan

Rising User
May 24, 2016
Norway
YouTube
Kiramuruchan
I love to get merch from things you are passionate about! it gives the everyday a little touch of personality of your intrests when you look at them!

Kiramuruchan

Rising User
May 24, 2016
Norway
YouTube
Kiramuruchan
The first time i saw a videogame was at my cousin's house when i was five years old, he was playing Spyro the Dragon. I became interested and started going more often to my cousin's house, and that way i discovered crash bandicoot and the final fantasy saga. It wasn't until two years after that when i got my hands on my first console( the psone) because my parents were scared that if they bought me a console when i was still a kid i could become a NEET. The first game that i owned was Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, it terrified me but i enjoyed it a lot.
spyro is amazing! I used to watch my best friend as a child play it, I couldnt play it because I could not control it, but I loved watching her play it! and Final Fantast I have watched another friend play! it seems cool!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I love to get merch from things you are passionate about! it gives the everyday a little touch of personality of your intrests when you look at them!
Agreed to that! Every morning when i wake up and walk into the living room i see a nice collection of Ac Statue's and collectibles wich fills me with joy. I find it such an amazing series and the collectibes are great for the eye :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I just bought zelda wind waker for the gamecube and its has a cd that says ocarina of time, do you know if it is the full game?
Is it the Limited edition version where the cover says: includes 2 Game bonus disc with Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time Master Quest? If so, then you hit the jackpot as it is indeed the full game.

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
spyro is amazing! I used to watch my best friend as a child play it, I couldnt play it because I could not control it, but I loved watching her play it! and Final Fantast I have watched another friend play! it seems cool!
The psone spyro's are amazing! If you still haven't played them you should, you can find them prety cheap at the pstore.

Kingdom Ginger

Respected User
One of the first games I ever played was the sims series, the very first games. I had the whole collection! *proud* I also learned alot of english from the game, since I chose to play it in english instead of Norwegian.
Ever since I have played every single sims game that came out from sims 1 - sims 4, I even got The sims medeival when it came out. Even my mom got addicted to it.
Lots of people don't like sims because they think its boring, well ofcourse its gonna be boring if you cheat, and it can be quite repetitive playing it vanilla as well. I do challenges and download CC's to keep it intresting.

The pokemon series has also always been a favorite. I could not afford a console when I was young, so I mostly played with the cards (I could actually play the game) and the figurines, I also watched the series. When I came into my teens I got my first console, the DS, and I got Black and White, and have played every game since. I have in later days also played the games before Black and White, so I have played all of them, just not in the right order.

I played Tycoon games as well, like Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon. both on computer ofc. and in the same period as the first sims games.

I also got Space Colony and Ghost Master are also games that have stuck in mind, and I still remember how to play them even tho I havn't played them in forever. I kinda miss playing them and I am thinking of getting them one day, hopefully they exsist om steam, because the CD's are long gone.

Go forwards to my more recent years, I have not been a huge gamer, I play only on nintentoDS (3ds and 3dsXL) and the computer. I still play sims (sims 4 mostly, but I still visit the sims 3) and I plat cities skyline, Sid Meyers Civilization V, Slime Rancher, Don't Starve, Skyrim (even tho I suck at it), Spore, and I still play Sims Medieval.

I's easy to see what kind of games I prefer to play, but to WATCH others play I really enjoy, wich is why watching gaming on youtube became a thing, I got to enjoy an adventure of games I would not be able to play myself (There are some sort of games I am just too bad at to complete, and some games are too expensive). I soon wanted to join in with the youtube community, so I made a channel, but for the longest time I could not figure out how to record screen, I also didnt have a gaming headset and a microphone. but now I do, and I play the games I enjoy on youtube myself, and its lots of fun! I get to talk to other Simmers about sims challenges, I discover new ways to play, and I am sure that in the future I will find more games to further bring me on adventures.

I am intrested to know what kinds of games you have grown up with, what sparked your passion for gaming? I love to hear these kinds of stories and reflect on who we were in the past, and who we became after our choice, its kinda amazing to see how much games can affect our personality and way of thinking!
So many games to choose from!

PS1 - Crash Bandicoot, ALL Spyros, Tekken
PS2 - Jak and Daxter, Kingdom Heart series, FFX
PS3 - Ratchet and Clank, Tomb Raider, Need for Speed, PES, Far Cry, Assassins Creed
PS4 - Destiny, The Division, Overwatch, FFX remaster, FIFA, Far Cry

Handheld - Pokemon (gotten own em all... And I did!), Kingsom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Mario, Sonic, Mario & Sonic...

Just so many games!