YouTube what time of the day should you edit/why im underrated

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
what time of the day should you edit.
youtube tho when should you edit since some of my videos take 2 hrs to render in vegas .
and i use a low end pc so it takes me a long time to edit so i can post in the same
day prolly going to upgrade soon tho.
______________________________________________________________________________________
and another thing 2 topic why im underrated really i mean i have no active subs
oh yt analytics says that 100% of the ppl who watch me are not subbed to me.
im mean is that healthy that i think that every video i make is trash tho i just added a new intro to some
of my videos tho two days randomly i got 3+ subs and when i watch my videos i can sit there for the. entire video tho sometimes my vids get no views btw and im going to be taking a 3 week break from
yt and now i watch 1 min of my videos so i wont get sucked in to rewatch it since my videos are commentaries mostly .
so guys tell me what do u think about these 2 topics in 1 post

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well really you should edit when you have the time to, or when you feel like it. Personally the way I do videos is I create them and then edit them straight away when I can.

As for the active subs, if you think your videos are trash then this may subconsciously come across in your videos, if you think they are trash then try and make them better, so you are proud of them. Active subs really come over time, maybe it is best to take a slight break and re-evaluate why you do YT and what your really looking for it.

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
I edit when I have time lol XD couldn't help you on the inactive subs, that is going to depend on the subscribers. plus only 5% of my views comes from subscribers sooo yeah. haven't figured out how to get that higher, I'll let you know when i figure that out XD

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I edit when I have time lol XD couldn't help you on the inactive subs, that is going to depend on the subscribers. plus only 5% of my views comes from subscribers sooo yeah. haven't figured out how to get that higher, I'll let you know when i figure that out XD

Subscriber based views can definitely be hit or miss depending on the person and the content. For me it's 19% and I feel that's a pretty low ratio as well. Though old content getting traffic is more likely to be viewed by non subscribers and I do have a few older videos doing pretty well.

At the very least your subscribers should be contributing a greater percentage towards your watch time. Despite only having 19% of the view total they contribute 41% of the total watch time for me.

Reactions: NinjaZombieGaming

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
now that you mention it my top 3 videos make up over 60,000 views and that is literally almost half the views on my whole channel XD top 5 videos make up exactly 74,657 views at the time of this post, and I obviously have no where near that many subscribers so it does make sense, also my top 5 videos are all video types that I don't do very often, so anybody who subscribed because they saw those videos doesnt watch my other content because it isnt what they subscribed for. but at the same time I have to wonder why they are subscribed when it is clear as day that its not my normal content. but that's the only reason i can think of.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
Subscriber based views can definitely be hit or miss depending on the person and the content. For me it's 19% and I feel that's a pretty low ratio as well. Though old content getting traffic is more likely to be viewed by non subscribers and I do have a few older videos doing pretty well.

At the very least your subscribers should be contributing a greater percentage towards your watch time. Despite only having 19% of the view total they contribute 41% of the total watch time for me.
most of my videos are under 10 minutes[DOUBLEPOST=1523870160][/DOUBLEPOST]
most of my videos are under 10 minutes
so the watch is bad because my videos are 4 mins 11 minutes are prolly my max video time[DOUBLEPOST=1523870431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well really you should edit when you have the time to, or when you feel like it. Personally the way I do videos is I create them and then edit them straight away when I can.

As for the active subs, if you think your videos are trash then this may subconsciously come across in your videos, if you think they are trash then try and make them better, so you are proud of them. Active subs really come over time, maybe it is best to take a slight break and re-evaluate why you do YT and what your really looking for it.
i just always wondered that no matter how good the video is but however about edting my pc is lowend so i have to edit
in like 720p 30 i swear i hate 30fps and render it in the am like 8-12pm hours

Last edited:

It's The Kid

Mar 15, 2018
Paterson
YouTube
what time of the day should you edit.
youtube tho when should you edit since some of my videos take 2 hrs to render in vegas .
and i use a low end pc so it takes me a long time to edit so i can post in the same
day prolly going to upgrade soon tho.
______________________________________________________________________________________
and another thing 2 topic why im underrated really i mean i have no active subs
oh yt analytics says that 100% of the ppl who watch me are not subbed to me.
im mean is that healthy that i think that every video i make is trash tho i just added a new intro to some
of my videos tho two days randomly i got 3+ subs and when i watch my videos i can sit there for the. entire video tho sometimes my vids get no views btw and im going to be taking a 3 week break from
yt and now i watch 1 min of my videos so i wont get sucked in to rewatch it since my videos are commentaries mostly .
so guys tell me what do u think about these 2 topics in 1 post
It depends on what days do you upload videos, for me i upload on Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays so i get the videos and edit on the nights before im supposed to upload

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
I usually edit at night because I have the same issue, it takes a long time for them to render. So I just leave my computer do its thing overnight