When is it a good time to make a Patreon page?

Jobless Music

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2015
New York
YouTube
JoblessMusic
Hello everyone,
For the past month, I've been working on a Patreon page. My issue is, would it seem abrupt and selfish if I publish the page now, seeing as I only have 120 subs? When do you think it's right to publish a Patreon page? By that I mean, how many subscribers do you recommend I should reach beforehand?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I'd say it depends on the content you do but anything under 50,000 to 100,000 subs you aren't likely to get much support. That doesn't mean you can't make one just don't expect too much form it. I've known channels with 100K+ subs that have gotten less than $10 a month even after promoting it multiple times. However things like gaming channels are usually less likely to gain support.

A 1 time donation set-up may be better as people don't liked to be tied into donating to someone every month, even then it's quite rare to get donations.

BBP Games

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2017
YouTube
BBPGames
To be honest, I have a patreon page and I can say that its hard to find people who are willing to support your content in ways others cant. This doesn't mean its impossible but it certainly will be difficult.

Basically, just wait until you have a good fan base and content that really could benefit from a patreon page.

Reactions: Jobless Music