Status
Not open for further replies.

EoS TV

MMO Junkie!!
Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Actually they got it through other reasons besides getting it before the new requirements were in place. I know a few people who got it because someone was able to get a MCN and then didn't move forward with it but was able to give out verification. Then of course there's the method in which someone can get it by purchasing it but I don't want to even go into that nor will I explain privately to anyone on how that works. It's a direct violation of YouTube's Terms of Service and can get your channel terminated.

People need to understand that verification is a brand identity protection tool on YouTube for your channel. It does nothing for someone who doesn't have an established brand.

Upvote 0

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I thought that the notability gauge for YouTube verification via Freedom was 1,000 subscribers or over, i mean, i know there are other requirements: but that was the big one when it came to your brand's establishment.

I mean, yes, if you just wait for YouTube to do it automatically: you'll probably be waiting until you have more than 100,000 subscribers. Hell, TeamFourStar has over a million and they can't get the badge because they're an abridged series channel.

Upvote 0

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I thought that the notability gauge for YouTube verification via Freedom was 1,000 subscribers or over, i mean, i know there are other requirements: but that was the big one when it came to your brand's establishment.

I mean, yes, if you just wait for YouTube to do it automatically: you'll probably be waiting until you have more than 100,000 subscribers. Hell, TeamFourStar has over a million and they can't get the badge because they're an abridged series channel.

It used to be, but has since changed as too many were getting it.

Upvote 0

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
It used to be, but has since changed as too many were getting it.

Well of course too many people were getting it, 1000 subscribers is hardly a recognizable brand and everyone wants that shiny tick, i would say that 10,000 and over is when verification would start actually serving a purpose: but i guess that's not established enough.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
From the information i know it is possible to get verification below 100K subs, but for this to happen you need to have been active on youtube for longer period and have a good follower base on Google+, having connected your website with own domain is also something wich works towards this process. Or at least this is what i have been told.

Upvote 0

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
From the information i know it is possible to get verification below 100K subs, but for this to happen you need to have been active on youtube for longer period and have a good follower base on Google+, having connected your website with own domain is also something wich works towards this process. Or at least this is what i have been told.

Hmm weird, i've been told the follower count on Google+ is a myth: it certainly isn't easy to get followers on there. Of course, i've also heard having a few followers on there does help establish your brand.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hmm weird, i've been told the follower count on Google+ is a myth: it certainly isn't easy to get followers on there. Of course, i've also heard having a few followers on there does help establish your brand.
Well i am partnered with MGN and the head of the network there said G+ followers count towards it too, gaining followers on the other hand isn't too hard actually if you know the right ways to gain them. I have gained 60 followers in a couple weeks actually :p

Upvote 0

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Well i am partnered with MGN and the head of the network there said G+ followers count towards it too, gaining followers on the other hand isn't too hard actually if you know the right ways to gain them. I have gained 60 followers in a couple weeks actually :p

Well your channel is also way bigger than mine, so i'm sure that helps. But just for future reference, what would be a good way to get Google+ followers? lol

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well your channel is also way bigger than mine, so i'm sure that helps. But just for future reference, what would be a good way to get Google+ followers? lol
Being active in the communities that share the same interest as you, be it gaming, anime, console or what. The other thing is the youtube communities where people always share their content, instead of only advertising yourself also give others the oppertunity and drop a comment from time to time. Helped me on the road to where i am now and got me some good active subs.

Upvote 0

Mix Master Ketchup

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Being active in the communities that share the same interest as you, be it gaming, anime, console or what. The other thing is the youtube communities where people always share their content, instead of only advertising yourself also give others the oppertunity and drop a comment from time to time. Helped me on the road to where i am now and got me some good active subs.

I assume you mean Google+ communities since those are obviously full of active Google+ members.

Hmm worth a shot, i actually saw a video related to music marketing (i do a lot of music on my channel and soundcloud) which pretty much said the same thing that you said in your second sentence: people are interested in people who take interest in them....or something along those lines, but that was basically the message of the video. Hearing it both there and on this forum makes me think it's probably a good way to grow my channel.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I assume you mean Google+ communities since those are obviously full of active Google+ members.

Hmm worth a shot, i actually saw a video related to music marketing (i do a lot of music on my channel and soundcloud) which pretty much said the same thing that you said in your second sentence: people are interested in people who take interest in them....or something along those lines, but that was basically the message of the video. Hearing it both there and on this forum makes me think it's probably a good way to grow my channel.
It is how a community works, if you show interesting in what someone does then this will open a conversation wich can lead to to new oppertunities ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.