Headset vs. Microphone Recording

RangerElite

Nov 2, 2015
astro a40 headset sounds really good once the audio is cleaned up using software. but nothing beats a condenser mic
Let's Listen to the guy who has 12,000 subs
Totally agree :3

My friend got me a Turtle Beach Arctic and it's not that bad.I'm beginning to like it along with my Razer Kraken Neon Pro (can't they make the name any longer?)
Well Microphones are definitely higher quality but that doesn't mean all headsets are bad either. I've used a headset microphone for almost 2 years now and it's gotten by for me pretty well I'd say.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449532710][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanx for all the helpful comments guys.
:Y (nom nom nom :3)

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
i have a blue yeti and astro a 40s and personally i find the yeti to be the better quality of the two and so do the viewers that i asked

Compared to my headset this Blue Yeti is amazing! I don't seem to set it up properly and get the same quality as everyone else. Think I'm just confused on how it works

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Razer headsets I have always has a problem with hiss after a couple of months (I have had 2 maybe I was unlucky) Headsets can be just as effective as standalone mic's I primarily used a Samsung CO1U when starting out. Its a pritty cheap mic but amazing quality. If you look in to casting headsets things used for competitive casting in professional E-sports you can find headset mic's that are pretty close to if not the same as a standalone mic's quality but your talking more money and needing things like a mixer for top end casting headset's.Mid range casting headsets usually run from usb.

Sennheiser I cant recommend enough for headphones,mic's and headsets they have always been at the top of the ladder but come with a good price tag to my personal fave http://en-de.sennheiser.com/professional-headset-tv-radio-broadcast-hmd-26

Stef[DOUBLEPOST=1449543330,1449543272][/DOUBLEPOST]p.s. if you look at that headset remember the pre-amp :)

RangerElite

Nov 2, 2015
Razer headsets I have always has a problem with hiss after a couple of months (I have had 2 maybe I was unlucky) Headsets can be just as effective as standalone mic's I primarily used a Samsung CO1U when starting out. Its a pritty cheap mic but amazing quality. If you look in to casting headsets things used for competitive casting in professional E-sports you can find headset mic's that are pretty close to if not the same as a standalone mic's quality but your talking more money and needing things like a mixer for top end casting headset's.Mid range casting headsets usually run from usb.

Sennheiser I cant recommend enough for headphones,mic's and headsets they have always been at the top of the ladder but come with a good price tag to my personal fave http://en-de.sennheiser.com/professional-headset-tv-radio-broadcast-hmd-26

Stef[DOUBLEPOST=1449543330,1449543272][/DOUBLEPOST]p.s. if you look at that headset remember the pre-amp :)
Wow thanks for posting : D

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
My two cents about it I use my headset when I record only me and a microphone if I want to record everybody I only use my microphone for that reason because I feel that my headset (Sennheiser G4me Zero) has a way better voice quality than my mic (Blue Snowball) plus like someone else said I dont want to kiss my mic for my voice to be heardI prefer my headset also because it cancels out noise better and I can focus on my gameplay rather everything else

NifiGaming

Call of Duty Shredder!
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
I use my Turtle Beach XO Ear Force headset for recording voice, and my standard headphones for listening to game audio.

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
I was using a Corsair gamin headset with built in mic-- the audio quality of the mic was terrible. I immediately ran out and purchased a Blue Ice Usb condenser mic and the audio quality is extraordinary compared to the built in corsair mic. What can also help is using Plug-Ins during the editing process. If you use...say, Adobe Premiere...there are plenty of available Plug Ins to enhance and add effects to your voice too.

lunaraexox

Rising User
Jan 10, 2016
I have a Blue Yeti but a I need and arm and a Mount Grip for it so at the moment I'm using my Plantronics Gamescom commander headset and it's brilliant. Check out my YouTube for the quality of it.

LightInADarkRoom

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTube
Get a microphone headsets are ok in a pinch but a cheap blue snowball or blue yeti will be better...im gettin a razer sieren myselt or a blue yeti pro if I can afford it

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
Microphone is better, however I am not going to kiss the microphone just to get my voice be heard. So I will stick to the Headset.

You should buy yourself a cheap boom to attach to your desk or something. I've noticed that when I record using my stand, my voice sounds really quiet, but with a boom it sounds amazing.

Zeitelic

Rising User
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
From my experience from headsets versus microphone and I have always had this problem. When using a headset you will always get and unwanted static in the background while a standalone mic doesn't. I'm not saying that headsets are bad that really depends on which on your using the higher quality ones produce less mic static than the lower qualities. While a standalone doesn't have background static but it can pick up things around you. But overall I would says I would go with mic instead of headset for more clarity in voice when doing commentary or singing and such.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
From my experience from headsets versus microphone and I have always had this problem. When using a headset you will always get and unwanted static in the background while a standalone mic doesn't. I'm not saying that headsets are bad that really depends on which on your using the higher quality ones produce less mic static than the lower qualities. While a standalone doesn't have background static but it can pick up things around you. But overall I would says I would go with mic instead of headset for more clarity in voice when doing commentary or singing and such.

There are two types of microphones you can buy though. The omnidirectional microphones are the ones that pick up sounds around you and whatnot.