Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴇɢɢ

New User
May 24, 2016
YouTube
As I have already replied on George's video and stated I would love to be a part of the graphics team for a bit of promotion.
I'm here to confirm my statement. :D

Daz Popert

Nintendo YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
No longer a Freedom partner but I may come back one day. Let me just weigh in my opinion on the subject.
I myself am I GFX and VFX designer and have been doing it for 5 years now. I only started charging for money 6~ months ago and although I may not get as many commissions I do get money which I think is a lot better. So personally I am against this because doing free work to me seems kind of like an unfair deal. Even if it was in trade for a shout out, the only time that would help is if the person has 10k subscribers or more and if you can charge the people that were referred to me from that person. Other than that situation I personally don't think It's for me

HOWEVER, I do recommend doing this still. This would be a very good opportunity for other designers in the community. Not only that but I still may be interested as it would help trying out new things.

Texorie

New User
Nov 19, 2015
I'd like to thank the following users for their input.

We have committed to trying this out. We have purchased a piece of software that promises to do everything we need however there will be delays. In an attempt to be transparent about this i'll discuss the issues here.

• We have to learn how the darn thing works
    • We have to create guides for all of you, set up rules, etc.
    • We have to learn it's limitations
  • We have to research if this will REALLY fit our needs... or if it's going to cause more issues than it solves
    • Maybe the platform will cause more moderator involvement which is bad
    • Maybe it does not work as expected which will lead to bad stuff like us abandoning the idea
  • Does it work with all of our other plugins?
  • Can we take all of your feedback into account to provide a safer and better way of meeting common needs and wants?
So even though we've committed to the software purchase I need to be very VERY up front that it may still take some time, and it still mat not happen at all.

Please now feel free to go back to writing fan fiction about George touching my shoulder.

Hello! I make Minecraft graphics, but I can make pretty much anything if I tried :) I'd LOVE to join the Beta test! I love making graphics and hope to make it a paid job one day!

FrostPlayzHD

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
I WILL LOVE TO BE A GFX DESIGNER FOR Freedom! For Free! You Don't Even Have To Give Me A Spotlight! I Just Want To Do It For Fun And Practice!

DoorMatBro

New User
Freedom! Member
May 25, 2016
Hi There!

We're looking into doing something HUGE for our GFX/VFX community. We're looking to set up a web portal that allows them to post templates, artwork, assets, and more. This could also effect SFX and music partners as well in time. This may also help facilitate the trade of other services like collaborations, skill, and labor for partner shoots!!

What we want to do is allow forum users to open a "shop" where they can market their templates, services etc. At first we won't allow anyone to charge for any work however if a user asks for help customizing an existing free template that an artist has created that would be between those two individuals. (almost like an optional upgrade on Fivrr) In the end we'd (maybe) allow up front selling for highly rated and reputable users as a test then maybe to more people as time went on. Who knows it could always stay at a place where the base is always free which would attract more eyeballs and allow for more advertising for upgrades. This is just a proposal based on the current state of the market.

We feel that a system like this would be extremely valuable to both parties even if money never trades hands, however we also recognize the want on both sides for there to be a trusted facilitator of trade and commerce in this space as well. If money is ever officially involved it would be down the road (6+ months) and it would still be between the two consenting parties. Freedom! would not be backing or guaranteeing transactions (sort of like Craigslist with fewer missed connections XD )

So the question is...
Do you want it?
This would come at a great expense to us both in software and in manpower to moderate and monitor it so that's why we're asking your opinion. This is a question for creators, VFX/GFX artists, but also for anyone else who feels that this sort of facilitated shop concept could work for them. Don't feel bad asking friends to weigh in, Don't feel bad asking non partners to let us know what they think. We need YOUR feedback, your support, and your voice!!

We're not adding a poll to this post because we want real feedback, not just a yes or a no. we want examples of how you might use something like this and what issues you might see before we get started. Let us know... If enough of you come forward we can make this happen!!!!
This would be so cool to have.

acrotech

New User
May 22, 2016
can anyone plz make a youtube cahnnel art i dont want a specific channel art for any game i want a common gaming channel art with a kinda blue color

Mikkel Bendix

New User
Mar 3, 2015
YouTube
Hey Freedom family, let me introduce me quickly. My name is Mikkel Bendix, I've a gfx channel called "Croaty". I make a lot of tutorials on how to set up your YouTube channel with thumbnails, banners microphone etc.

I would love to be a part on this, and of course for free, by only getting promotion. You can check out my channel to see what kind of gfx I make, and/or if it's good.
I also so have a website
I have a small portfolio there, so check it out!

And I hope I could get signed up for this, and good luck to all the graphic designers out there ! :D

Dom's Production

New User
Jan 17, 2016
YouTube
Can't Wait To Help Out Everyone !

( For Highest Quality )
Price in USD
Still Graphics

---
Thumbnails - $.25 per. Different Template
Outros - $1 per. Different Template
Overlays - $1 per. Different Template
Ads - $5 per. Different Template
Banners - $1 per. Different Template
Logos - $1 per. Different Template

============================

Motion Graphics

---
Intro - $3 per. Different Template
Outro - $3 per. Different Template
Ads - $20 per. Different Template

Print

---
Clothing Design - 15% per. Different Design
Posters - 10% per. Different Design

Portfolio
Coming Soon

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member

We have committed to trying this out. We have purchased a piece of software that promises to do everything we need however there will be delays. In an attempt to be transparent about this i'll discuss the issues here.

• We have to research if this will REALLY fit our needs... or if it's going to cause more issues than it solves
    • Maybe it does not work as expected which will lead to bad stuff like us abandoning the idea
  • Can we take all of your feedback into account to provide a safer and better way of meeting common needs and wants?
So even though we've committed to the software purchase I need to be very VERY up front that it may still take some time, and it still mat not happen at all.

Please now feel free to go back to writing fan fiction about George touching my shoulder.

I'm in! I wanna help Freedom out!

Itz PixeL

New User
May 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I Think that this is a great idea, i love to design things, having study VCD for a while , i love to draw, and i think i would be a great addition to the team!

VelronTech

New User
Apr 26, 2016
YouTube
VelronTech
I love the idea and I am willing to help create GFX for the freedom family.As my main source of income is something else I don't care about the money.I just want to help people. :)

SinghStyleGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2015
YouTube

I hope this whole thing goes too far and at one point there will be a whole channel of free gfx for all of the youtubers not for freedom network partners! I am eagerly waiting to be a part of this if i hopefully can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.